Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
My first build will be a unga bunga bonky boi with a club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Super happy that my boss doesn't know anything about games or pop culture at large because I'm absolutely gonna be sick on the 25th.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Zarin posted:

Do weapon arts - or whatever the Ashes of War add to the weapon - consume FP to use? Or do they just work on some kind of cooldown system?

Edit: Not sure it's a spoiler, but added tags anyway.

The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to decide if even a straight STR build will want Mind.

They use FP.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I took off tomorrow for Horizon 2 and the 25th for Elden Ring and there’s a bunch of stuff in March that interests me, this is a really good year for video games

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

unless they all turn out bad

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Elden

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Ring

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
play wretch with mouse and keyboard

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

anyone who plays a souls game with m+kb is an absolute psycho and i kind of respect it

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Lakbay posted:

I took off tomorrow for Horizon 2 and the 25th for Elden Ring and there’s a bunch of stuff in March that interests me, this is a really good year for video games

Oh yeah? What's good in March buddy?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

i must compose posted:

Oh yeah? What's good in March buddy?

More Elden Ring

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Elex 2
Strangers in Paradise
Kirby
Weird West

Or I could be on my 5th ER playthrough

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

Super happy that my boss doesn't know anything about games or pop culture at large because I'm absolutely gonna be sick on the 25th.

Apparently Dragon Quest is such a staple in Japanese cultures a lot of companies will just call a holiday when a new one drops because it's easier than dealing with everyone calling out

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Gonna start wretch now. awww yeah

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Are y'all gonna go left or right?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I’m gonna go ring

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
first imma head immediately backwards because surely they'll hide something cool where you wouldn't expect

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If you guys enjoyed that Ratatoskr Wretch video, I highly recommend some of his other stuff. I also recently discovered him, and he's still a pretty obscure voice in the Souls lore/hype guy community as of now, but I've really enjoyed every video I've seen by him, and I think more than most, Ratatoskr grasps and accurately conveys some of the broader themes that saturate basically everything Hidetaka Miyazaki has done during his time at Fromsoft.

I especially love this seemingly clickbaity hype-drumming video where he, more confidently and eloquently than any other Souls content creator guy I've seen, puts into words how loving cool and truly momentous Elden Ring seems like it's going to be, and how Dark Souls grew from itself to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOBdvqMu8jE

net cafe scandal fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 17, 2022

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Inzombiac posted:

Has anyone gotten a key from Humble yet?
Normally you get them right away.

You truly feel desperate and terrified of what's to come.

Wretch-chat: yes this is the cool part. Also killing an enemy and then sneaking around in their clothes as if you're one of them.

Mimic-chat: this is my favourite depiction of a mimic which was posted to reddit. I like the idea of it sitting motionless for years/decades/centuries in pitchblack until some poor soul wretch comes along.

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Oenis posted:

first imma head immediately backwards because surely they'll hide something cool where you wouldn't expect

This is the way.

I mean, whatever's hidden there will be something totally worthless, but I still get that little endorphin hit of finding a secret.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I can't believe elden ring is a week away. I remember when it was initially announced and then we got radio silence for about 20 years and it felt like it was never going to happen.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Huge, thank you.

So, thinking about it a bit more . . . if I decided to go a Dex/Int spellcaster, I'd probably want to mainly focus on Int/Mind/Dex, in that order. But I'll still want Vigor/Endurance so I can do melee things sometimes I guess.

However, a straightforward Tanky Strongboi (which is what I usually gravitate to) would just pump STR/Vigor/End with a splash of Mind for FP. Less stats, easier to min/max. Hmm.

Really starting to gravitate towards the idea of "no plan, head empty, wretch will find what he finds". That video already sold me on Wretch - it's just now if I want to have a plan or just let the winds of fate take me as they will.

I'm concerned that it means I'll just do whatever I find first though, so instead of letting the game guide me, I'll just end up min/maxxing on the first thing I find that I like. So it all comes down to how From placed the items in the game :v:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

If you guys enjoyed that Ratatoskr Wretch video, I highly recommend some of his other stuff. I also recently discovered him, and he's still a pretty obscure voice in the Souls lore/hype guy community as of now, but I've really enjoyed every video I've seen by him, and I think more than most, Ratatoskr grasps and accurately conveys some of the broader themes that saturate basically everything Hidetaka Miyazaki has done during his time at Fromsoft.

I especially love this seemingly clickbaity hype-drumming video where he, more confidently and eloquently than any other Souls content creator guy I've seen, puts into words how loving cool and truly momentous Elden Ring seems like it's going to be, and how Dark Souls grew from itself to this.

That video ruled.

Frankston posted:

I can't believe elden ring is a week away. I remember when it was initially announced and then we got radio silence for about 20 years and it felt like it was never going to happen.

don't give up,
skeleton!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sheldon Ring

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe
Pre-purchased. Goddang am I excited.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh i just watched his video on the theme of dark souls. And I agree it was very well done. Kinda weird he chose his avatar to be a squirrel drinking a cup of coffee and how it pops up on the screen from time to time. But whatever the vid was good.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
So, what do I need to know to buy another 8gb of ddr3 ram? Does it matter what the current ram is?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

So, what do I need to know to buy another 8gb of ddr3 ram? Does it matter what the current ram is?

You wanna buy another stick of the same RAM.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bruce Boxlicker posted:

Goddang am I excited.

please don't spoil any of the unknown demi-gods.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

you need to match the timings of all the rams so they all rams at the same ram rate, mash ctrl-alt-del to go to the task manager, hit the performance tab, and then click on memory and it should be here:

(yes i have 48 gigs of ram and yes that is a weird number but the computer i bought came with 16 and i wanted more and there was a good deal on 32 gb of ram so sue me)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also what slot you put your new ram stick in depends on what slots are already occupied

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

please don't spoil any of the unknown demi-gods.

you're not the boss of me. my soul is mine and I. AM. ALIVE!

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
God I can't loving wait any longer...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cowcaster posted:

also what slot you put your new ram stick in depends on what slots are already occupied

That's why I always have 4 sticks because I can't be bothered to remember if my current mobo is a 1-3, a 2-4, a 1-2 or whatever.

32GB of RAM is overkill for playing Vampire Survivors but drat it, gotta fill those slots!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Saved By The Belden Ring

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Bad news everyone Elden Ring has been delayed til 2023.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

elden ring? why there ain't been an elden ring game in development for 50 years

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

32GB of RAM is overkill for playing Vampire Survivors but drat it, gotta fill those slots!

I'm doing it with 64. Sue me.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Bad news everyone Elden Ring has been delayed til 2023.

What in the Hellden Ring?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

you need to match the timings of all the rams so they all rams at the same ram rate, mash ctrl-alt-del to go to the task manager, hit the performance tab, and then click on memory and it should be here:

(yes i have 48 gigs of ram and yes that is a weird number but the computer i bought came with 16 and i wanted more and there was a good deal on 32 gb of ram so sue me)

Thank you. I will try to download some from Newegg