Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

But you do if you're going up against parity powers who don't have nukes. American political elements are constantly agitating for war with Iran, for instance, and they have the conventional capabilities to humiliate the US military even if they can't win. It's all pure hubris.

When Iran bought the Pantsir, they also bought some EW stuff and tactical radars, and the Russians brought all sorts of EW stuff to Syria, presumably to read NATO’s mail, so don’t be surprised if they are much better at this than anyone expects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

best thread on the forums

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
nvm

Torpor has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Feb 17, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I also love all these idiots have started saying 'lethal aid' after supposedly being offended at the trump admin making fun of Obama only giving 'MREs and blankets' and poo poo

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

can we please stop arming nazis and religious extremists and cartels all over the world because it is inevitable that it leads to far more death and destruction than if we'd just loving left well enough alone seems like a reasonable request imo

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

I also love all these idiots have started saying 'lethal aid' after supposedly being offended at the trump admin making fun of Obama only giving 'MREs and blankets' and poo poo

I like how a certain thread full of fascist big brain smartboys dismiss azov battalion as a "minor faction" in Ukraine.

like seriously?! 🤦‍♀️

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pissinthewind posted:

can we please stop arming nazis and religious extremists and cartels all over the world because it is inevitable that it leads to far more death and destruction than if we'd just loving left well enough alone seems like a reasonable request imo

what are you, some kinda idiot fucker who thinks we shouldn't give weapons to people?????

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Pantsir is a fuckin' weapon, I wouldn't gently caress with even one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geQa5NqSqLM

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

best thread on the forums
yeah you get free avatars from people who are clearly Not Mad to clear the detritus of accumulating too many gang tangs from posting in hot threads

sexpig by night posted:

Frosted Flake posted:

When Iran bought the Pantsir, they also bought some EW stuff and tactical radars, and the Russians brought all sorts of EW stuff to Syria, presumably to read NATO’s mail, so don’t be surprised if they are much better at this than anyone expects.
The thing is that nearly everyone drumming for war right now are likely not going to have their own forces involved let alone themselves, so this doesn't seem "real" to the pundits either. I don't think it'll ever seem real until relations degrade enough to the point these guys (being either China or Russia) end up having to sink an entire American carrier group.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm also 100% positive Commie is in the gun control side of things so it's cool he thinks we need to have lower standards giving guns to literal SS emblem wearing nazis than some rando American

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This isn't intended to be a "gotcha" question, but I'm genuinely curious on this take-- Do you think the Palestinians should cease resistance and their territories incorporated into Israel? If that's different, why not?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Waffle House posted:

The Pantsir is a fuckin' weapon, I wouldn't gently caress with even one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geQa5NqSqLM

What are you even doing here?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sexpig by night posted:

This isn't intended to be a "gotcha" question, but I'm genuinely curious on this take-- Do you think the Palestinians should cease resistance and their territories incorporated into Israel? If that's different, why not?

I mean tbh id be kinda suspicious if the US started throwing guns at Hamas

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

lololol just the dumbest cunts alive

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

thatfatkid posted:

I like how a certain thread full of fascist big brain smartboys dismiss azov battalion as a "minor faction" in Ukraine.

like seriously?! 🤦‍♀️

My favorite was the poster trying to dismiss those concerns by saying the far right is only 9% of the population. I guess that doesn't sound significant in electoral terms, but it's really significant if they have well armed paramilitaries.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

you know what would inject some clarity and consensus into this debate & discussion,, is saying that it's a lot like the israel palestine conflict. you see the nazis are the palestinians, obviously, and

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

My favorite was the poster trying to dismiss those concerns by saying the far right is only 9% of the population. I guess that doesn't sound significant in electoral terms, but it's really significant if they have well armed paramilitaries.

I wonder what 9% of the Ukrainian population is, probably a really small number. Ukraine has like, what, ten guys in it right?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Only 10% of our population are in Nazi militias. Could be 100%, so in comparison, not so bad

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Having just 1% of the population, 1/9th of the far right armed and willing would probably lead to an easy coup in ukraine.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1494384661522440198

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hell yes

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

putin start the war plz

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1494408820604428292?s=20&t=d7Mocbhk9mEKYzlcYZSJOw

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Harris to Putin: Don't Come.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Lostconfused posted:

What are you even doing here?

As far as I can tell, just posting on topic. To some people this is a gross offense, but I think it's just because I don't have an expectable angle on things and instead just love shitposting, generally.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1494384481381363715

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffle House posted:

As far as I can tell, just posting on topic. To some people this is a gross offense, but I think it's just because I don't have an expectable angle on things and instead just love shitposting, generally.

Yeah nah

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I can't believe Russia has annexed The Czech Republic

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

based Czechs

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

omg totally slaying in the blue pantsuit lmao

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

Breakfast All Day posted:

you know what would inject some clarity and consensus into this debate & discussion,, is saying that it's a lot like the israel palestine conflict. you see the nazis are the palestinians, obviously, and

we are actively supporting the actual genocidal fascist state in that particular conflict already loving lmao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Waffle House posted:

you have an extremely expectable angle on everything

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

you have an extremely expectable angle on everything

being a homophobic oval office and using le epic funny homosexuals as some sort of weird "own" was an unexpected turn. but in hindsight to be expected from a psycho trump poster

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the invasion will never end, the invasion is eternal

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

I'm in the Assoff Batallion because every time they say invasion imminent I lmao

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

while chud brains may be smooth, liberal brains are literally just a large pretzel with no salt

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sending in the ringer to soak up all the humiliation, lol.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

lmao it was definitely worth $30 making people sputter and stammer this badly after obsessively-compulsively picking on me.

Come on, a new avatar is $5, grow up. You're all adults, if you can't take what you dish out...

e: mods can I get a sixer for making people angry well within forum rules?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

USA probably doesn't need to work too hard to keep the baltics in line, but I have no idea what she can say to Zelensky to not make him even more worried about his American allies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

shes just mad those kindergarteners werent in school