Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Was about to ask "how is that deck winning" but then i saw 3 skill drain and yeah, seems right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

mandatory lesbian posted:

Well, i guess you could crash your own mech into an enemy but...seems less then ideal in most situations

Yeaaah I'm about to swap those out for some more Danger! cards so I at least have discard fodder that's guaranteed to do stuff.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Is it foolish and reckless going for a turn 1 Great Magnus with 7 materials when my opponent Maxx C's? Yes, but drat its fun seeing if they can come up with something to deal with him.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Finally hit Plat 1 with Dinos. Can definitely recommend if you want to just smash the hell out of some of the meta-decks though it is costly in URs.

Now to figure out what to spend my 3k gems on so I can actually have a second competitive deck.

Decklist for the Dinos

Monsters- 21
Animadorned Archosaur x 2
Babycerasaurs x 3
Maxx "c" x 3 (debating swapping one out for another Ash Blossom)
Petitranadon x 1
Ash Blossom x 1
Giant Rex x 1
Miscellaneousaurus x 3
Souleating Oviraptor x 2
Overtex Qoatlus x 1
Dinowrestler Pankrotops x 1
Ultimate Conductor Tyranno x 2
Nibiru x 1 (might replace this with a Kaiju)

Spells- 15
Raigeki x1
Harpy's Feather Duster x 1
Monster Reborn x 1
Double Evolution Pill x 2
Fossil Dig x 3
Lightning Storm x 1
Lost World x 3
Super Polymerization x 2
Twin Twister x 1

Traps - 4
Infinite Impermanence x 3
Solemn Judgment x 1

Extra -15
Mudragon of the Swamp x 2
Starving Venom Fusion Dragon x 1
Evolzor Laggia x 1
Evolzor Dolkka x 2
Linkuriboh x 2
Secure Gardna x 3 (should replace 1 with some other staple)
Knightmare Cerberus x 1
Knightmare Phoenix x 1
Pentestag x 2 (MVP of the deck)

Weirdly removing the pots and terraforming has made it a hell of a lot more consistent which I wasn't expecting.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of Plat 1, it must be nice to sit up there and play weird builds, like this one from some dude I just played.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I think theyre rushing the gain LP mission

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Me, sitting on Mechaba/Winda/Caliga: Ahaha! I have successfully locked you down completely! Go ahead and use your Lightning Storm, I will negate it! You cannot break my board!
My opponent, about to beat me to death with Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder: haha witch's strike go brrrrr

(The actual lesson here is "don't try to play through Maxx C because you think your full board is worth it, regardless of what you're playing against".)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 16, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I will always take the Maxx C challenge

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Imagine negating Witch Strike

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen Witch's Strike go off before. A very cool trap that didn't see a ton of play because trap card.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

every time someone attacks into chateau huyuk (without bothering to read the card) only to lose their only monster and let me kill on the crackback adds a year to my life :getin:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I will always take the Maxx C challenge
When I get Maxx C'd, my thinking is never "welp, guess I better stop", it's always "what is the most effective single special summon I can make with what I have now". Sometimes I'll let them go +1 if it means I stop on, say, Mechaba and Winda, but I play around the Winda choke so frequently anyways, it just makes sense to keep that thought process going.

Nyaa posted:

Imagine negating Witch Strike
I couldn't! It's spell speed 3. Winda survived because Winda, but then got smacked in the face by a 4k beatstick.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I've never seen Witch's Strike go off before. A very cool trap that didn't see a ton of play because trap card.
It's a hilarious card that almost always wins you the game when it goes off, but it's probably not going off until Turn 3, at the earliest, and that's assuming it's in your opening hand.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

girl dick energy posted:

I couldn't! It's spell speed 3. Winda survived because Winda, but then got smacked in the face by a 4k beatstick.
It's... a normal trap? Should be spell speed 2?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I complete forgot spell speed was a thing

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nyaa posted:

It's... a normal trap? Should be spell speed 2?
Oh! Right. I'm good at card games.

Well, didn't matter, anyways, I didn't have a trap in hand and I'd already used Mechaba's OPT negate to stop the Lightning Storm.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've found this YouTube channel very useful. Both the deck techs and the replays that get posted are clear and concise, with lines of play explained in a way that I can actually follow along.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Charles Bukowski posted:

Witch's Strike is the epitome of 'coolest thing in the world if it goes off, but it never goes off'. It's almost surprising that it's not an anime card, because it feels like such an anime card in that way.

Of course, it's also got the frustrating thing that it's very rarely an actual board wipe, because it can't hit things unaffected by card effects. When I was playing it on Yu-Gi-Oh Pro, Dragoon was both the most common trigger for Witch's Strike and the most common loss afterwards because Dragoon was immune to the destruction effect.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Yeaaah I'm about to swap those out for some more Danger! cards so I at least have discard fodder that's guaranteed to do stuff.

I use dangers and its very...okay. sometimes it feels like poo poo bc you discard green ranger when only dangers are in hand but usually its adequate to end on something that can interact with the opponents board.

I wish theyd give super quants more support, like i feel like 2 more rangers, even with medium effects, would make the deck more consistent and effective

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I can't believe I legit-rear end ran into an anti-heal/burn deck today. My opponent responded to an Ernus activation with three chained Tri-And-Guesses, missed them, and conceded.

Anti-heal/burn is what I loving played in high school, I hope they have a good day. :allears:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Dzeef showed it off on his channel a while ago and it honestly seems like a better FTK than Exodia. It's basically a 4 card combo and you can run a lot more copies of the pieces.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

The absolute worst thing I have had happen in this game is that my initial hand was all spells, the first turn the other guy spent five entire minutes cycling danger cards to the point where he ended the turn with 18 left in the deck and then played Eradicator Epidemic as soon as my turn started, leaving me with literally nothing.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
That feeling when you're just trying to get that last "play a ranked duel" mission out of the way and your opponent had lethal 3 syncho summons ago so you just tab out.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Good start to the Xyz event.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
So far I'm six matches in, and five matches were against decks that seemed to exist to simply burn through life points as quickly as possible. I guess burning yourself down is a valid strategy if you still get 50 medals, but it kind of takes the fun out of the event. I wouldn't be surprised if they heavily cut back the rewards for losing a duel in future events.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Skios posted:

So far I'm six matches in, and five matches were against decks that seemed to exist to simply burn through life points as quickly as possible. I guess burning yourself down is a valid strategy if you still get 50 medals, but it kind of takes the fun out of the event. I wouldn't be surprised if they heavily cut back the rewards for losing a duel in future events.

I'd much rather take silly OTK-suicide decks over everyone going super tryhard and making the event a miserable slog for anyone who doesn't play top-tier meta decks.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm also using a selFTK deck and still somehow won 6 of my last 20 games, because there are that many people with the same idea around :lol:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TaurusOxford posted:

I'd much rather take silly OTK-suicide decks over everyone going super tryhard and making the event a miserable slog for anyone who doesn't play top-tier meta decks.

I too would rather not play the game instead of playing the game

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Edit: nevermind

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Feb 17, 2022

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

welcome to duel links master duel

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It's not peak Yugioh if someone didn't run a Heal deck to troll Suicide deck.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
There's something relaxing about playing a suicide deck and just trying to see how quickly you can end the game. Plus even loses add experience to the Duel Pass so I'm going to hit 100 in no time.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I am nurse burning people to hell while Perpetua watches and this is making me giggle like a child.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I get why people are on Self-burn, but why am I running into so many regular burn decks :psyduck:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I'm slightly regretting going for Trains over Nurse Burn, but I was going to build both of them eventually. Hopefully the next event gives bonus points for performing the correct flavor of summoning.

*edit*

^^^ Because monsters on the field are irrelevant and slow the matches down right now and it's 58 losses per day to get all the event rewards.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Iserlohn posted:

Okay, I get why people are on Self-burn, but why am I running into so many regular burn decks :psyduck:
Tri-and-guess can always land now baby!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Stygian Dirge get banned for this event? That card really screws over mono-level xyzs builds

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Im okay with free wins lol, super quants is already a xyz deck so i only need to change out the links and i guess i'll be ready for the 1 in 3 serious duels

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

This event loving sucks and I'm pissed I wasted gems on building a competent Xyz deck for it.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Ardeem posted:

^^^ Because monsters on the field are irrelevant and slow the matches down right now and it's 58 losses per day to get all the event rewards.

Makes sense. I'm mostly amused that I built paleo :frogout: with every board wipe I could get my hands on and half the decks I'm playing against aren't even on monsters.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Tri-and-guess can always land now baby!!

this is a UR lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

this event is beans, it's either people blowing themselves up like Cell or just taking 10 minutes per turn to summon galaxy dragon, and the decks I was going to use are forbidden anyway so I can't do poo poo