Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, I low key love how attached most of the kids have gotten to these two mad bastard milkbots.

Mother and Father are the most normal and caring authority figures they have ever met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Mother and Father are the most normal and caring authority figures they have ever met.

plus a case of Stockholm syndrome considering what happened in the pilot episode.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Mother did kill all their parents (except campion and paul) though

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

pile of brown posted:

I think they're just magic marbles that will do whatever is plot necessary to allow you to accomplish your task. Nobody gives them the bags they're carrying around to gather poisonous radioactive fruit in

The bags are just regular bags, they show them picking them up off a shelf right after they get the marbles

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Despera posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0chs47raqA

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The whole planet loves Flying Snake, a sexy snake that eats people! *1 episode later* We regret to inform you that the snake is a herbivore.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Also what did pull those people into an acid bath?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Despera posted:

Also what did pull those people into an acid bath?

I mentioned this earlier, but my theory is that it's the tropical zone itself -- plants can only grow on Keppler when they're using android bones as a fuel source, like the snake corpse back in season one, which makes me think that there's a lot of ancient machinery under the zone.

So that thirsty skeleton Father found is basically a microcosm for what's happening in the tropical zone.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Comrade Fakename posted:

The whole planet loves Flying Snake, a sexy snake that eats people! *1 episode later* We regret to inform you that the snake is a herbivore.

I immediately assumed the sneks veggy diet was a ruse to gain their trust and will soon get the munchies.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

I immediately assumed the sneks veggy diet was a ruse to gain their trust and will soon get the munchies.

it can't survive the acid water. its pretty weird editing with the snake showing up at that exact moment and later the bodies being mauled and not dissolved in the acid but whatever

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR A RIVETING EPIC SHOT THROUGH WITH CHAOSKAMPF

lol psych it eats pumpkins

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CODChimera posted:

it can't survive the acid water. its pretty weird editing with the snake showing up at that exact moment and later the bodies being mauled and not dissolved in the acid but whatever

Uh, which bodies were mauled?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Open Source Idiom posted:

Uh, which bodies were mauled?

Right after the acid water incident the guy does a briefing about the attack and shows pics of the bodies. And they all think it wants blood

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CODChimera posted:

Right after the acid water incident the guy does a briefing about the attack and shows pics of the bodies. And they all think it wants blood

I think those are acid burns.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Buncha guys fell over on industrial equipment and rocks

I really dont want to have to defend the incongruities in this show

Despera fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 15, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

they all ran into the container that got pulled into the acid water and it sinks immediately lol. its just poor editing or whatever

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I love it when people on this show die in stupid ways

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Despera posted:

If anything that should make them like Mother even more.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

remigious posted:

I am predicting that “sol” and the wizard behind the curtain atheist bot are the same entity.

The atheist robot *is* a quantum computer… maybe quantum computers can talk to other quantum computers across time and space and the computers are doing eachother a solid

that wouldn’t explain why the atheist CPU wanted to kill the snek tho

pile of brown posted:

I didn't even talk about the snake at all yet but the giant pile of snakeskin that clearly indicates nothing survived the shuttle crash

….? snakes shed! people will probably make clothes out of space snake skin since it retains heat

wolfs fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 17, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Snake Couture

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

wolfs posted:

The atheist robot *is* a quantum computer… maybe quantum computers can talk to other quantum computers across time and space and the computers are doing eachother a solid

that wouldn’t explain why the atheist CPU wanted to kill the snek tho

….? snakes shed! people will probably make clothes out of space snake skin since it retains heat

TBH, what's the over and under on Mother immediately killing The Trust once she finds out it's been manipulating one of her other kids?

(Also is the Trust meant to look like a stylised tree, or am I just trying to force it all fit with the Eden / Eve / Snake stuff?)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gonz posted:

Snake Couture

been wanting this since we saw the snake skin a couple episodes ago

please

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Metis of the Hallways posted:

been wanting this since we saw the snake skin a couple episodes ago

please

Marcus shows up to a futuristic synth cover of this whilst wearing a solar powered snakeskin jacket:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0uVtfotC0c

He flashes the atheists a few Blue Steel looks and they get set ablaze.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
No Sol dont heal him dont heal him

PRAISE BE TO SOL

ready for lizard paul vs robot jesus

Despera fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Feb 17, 2022

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sunshine Fancybot comin’.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I like the way The Trust does things. :rip: Mouse

Father was extremely adorable when he was bragging about being the toughest service model. And then we are rewarded with some milky robot.

A freaky cyborg zombie alien bird and then the episode only got weirder from there. Raised by Wolves is back friends!

Holy poo poo the cgi is really bad this season. This is kind of embarassing.

Despera posted:

No Sol dont heal him dont heal him

:hmmyes:

Despera posted:

ready for lizard paul vs robot jesus

Don't forget about Mother :black101: and Campion the fishman slayer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Season two of Raised by Wolves: Now with 100% more Murderous T-Posing.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Gonz posted:

I want the ancient android to reactivate and look exactly like Bishop from Aliens.

You know it’s actually going to be a Necromancer that looks just like mother right?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

holy gently caress, this is moving at lightning speed. the bio weapon attack in the first like 5 minutes. what? it turns people into snakes? so strange. and that creature in the acid water? starting to think Father was wrong about this side being safer

"A mystery" *winks at the audience*

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

why don’t the atheists simply turn on the trust again

mother didn’t destroy anything … ?

e: kepler whatever sure is full of hostile creatures

oh and the atheist helmets with the red lights turned on looked very nice

wolfs fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 17, 2022

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This show has some of the worst day for night shots I've ever seen, and it's really starting to bug me

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 17, 2022

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

This show has some of the worst day for night shots I've ever seen, and it's really starting to bug me

It's partly a child actor thing, but I think they're also using them to suggest that Keppler's a weird alien world where there's always light coming from ~*somwhere. I remember the light being normal during the Earth flashback scenes.

But yeah, this was the inevitable cost of making a show that featured a lot of teens and pre-teens in key roles while also filming on location in a desert.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

wolfs posted:

why don’t the atheists simply turn on the trust again

mother didn’t destroy anything … ?

e: kepler whatever sure is full of hostile creatures

oh and the atheist helmets with the red lights turned on looked very nice

think she turned off cooling and youve seen chip prices these days

the show has 3 moons which kinda explains the day for night

DrThief
Jan 6, 2001

Raised by Wolves: Raised by Milk

A glorious episode, Mother t-posing again, Paul turning into a serpent, and an ancient alien milk robot resurrection

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Loving how this show just keeps throwing new poo poo at you every episode. Really hope they get renewed for another season. I have become one with the milk.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Yeah this was a good one.
I'm gonna call doll-droid has faked her death. Although I wouldn't really be surprised by anything, because this show is great.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I love that Campion killed the creature from the black lagoon but so much is going on it doesn't really seem relevant

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

Goofballs posted:

I love that Campion killed the creature from the black lagoon but so much is going on it doesn't really seem relevant

He killed to save the life of a robot. Maybe it will connect to the side story of his "father" and (bio?)robot(?) Jesus. I mean Campion has clearly been set up this whole time to be the bridge between humans and robots/synthetic life, there is certainly going to be some sort of payoff for that.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Yes the amount of crazy random poo poo in this show makes it hard to tell what crazy random poo poo is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Goofballs posted:

I assume that it is related to the monsters from season 1, just that it lives in acid ocean.