Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Marko would be funny just to see the turnaround by all the WWE/Cornette stans who've shat on him these last two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Davros1 posted:

Marko would be funny just to see the turnaround by all the WWE/Cornette stans who've shat on him these last two years.

I mean they've already done this with Cody and it's not even official yet

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheRealDisco/status/1494242727357149184

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Marko could be hired for the Spike Dudley/Zach Gowen role.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What a whiner

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Or: The heel character of Brit Baker, clout chasing, has gotten in contact with a famous character actor and convinced him to play the character for her on TV, but that character actor does not, in kayfabe, think he is her real sensei, he's just playing along with the game she wants him to play.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

There is zero good fantasy booking. It's all terrible.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when Bully Ray said that Goldberg should end Roman Reigns undefeated streak for no reason and then just immediately lose the belt back to him on the next tv taping?

Not even actual bookers are good at fantasy booking

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

There is zero good fantasy booking. It's all terrible.

Marty and Sarah have it right: you can fantasy book, just don't fantasy believe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how the gently caress does this guy consistently think he's a great mind in the business when he never drew a loving dime and had a loving disco dancer gimmick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Remember when Bully Ray said that Goldberg should end Roman Reigns undefeated streak for no reason and then just immediately lose the belt back to him on the next tv taping?

Not even actual bookers are good at fantasy booking
TBF he's not good at actual booking, either

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

tegan nox is currently being always-badded for some comment she made about wwe returning to the diva's era

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Look people, don’t be so harsh, fantasy booking is just a form of fan fiction, which, well, actually yeah never mind it’s all bad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a cyborg mug posted:

Look people, don’t be so harsh, fantasy booking is just a form of fan fiction, which, well, actually yeah never mind it’s all bad

Fanfiction is my guilty pleasure. I've even written one to completion

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jobber nation has sources

https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1494315853059444736

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

There is nothing worse than these deluded eVeRyBoDy cOmEs hOmE eVeNtUaLlY fuckers.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

"and they ask why wrestling is losing credibility?"

who is asking this.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Is this all because WWE didn't edit out Moxley for the video packages for Reigns/Rollins in the build to their Rumble match? I know never say never but having read Moxley's book and seeing how genuinely happy he is outside of WWE I just don't get how anyone could believe he is coming back.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

Is this all because WWE didn't edit out Moxley for the video packages for Reigns/Rollins in the build to their Rumble match? I know never say never but having read Moxley's book and seeing how genuinely happy he is outside of WWE I just don't get how anyone could believe he is coming back.

Given the number of twitter geniuses who genuinely believe that Moxley's drinking people started in AEW? A lot.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

DLC Inc posted:

how the gently caress does this guy consistently think he's a great mind in the business when he never drew a loving dime and had a loving disco dancer gimmick

Also, the angle is “going for the title to try to win in,” the thing wrestling has been built upon since 1900

But maybe Disco would never know that because he never sniffed a title

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Also, the angle is “going for the title to try to win in,” the thing wrestling has been built upon since 1900

They also pointed out at the beginning of the match that Sammy had never beaten Darby one on one in AEW.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

bartok posted:

It's partly that but also Cody jumping ship. I honestly still can't believe Cody is dumb enough to do that after literally starting AEW with The Elite. If that can happen it definitely makes me wonder what other weird poo poo could happen but as far as Mox goes his book is pretty clear. He's not going back unless AEW somehow folds and that's not happening anytime soon.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's partly that but also Cody jumping ship. I honestly still can't believe Cody is dumb enough to do that after literally starting AEW with The Elite. If that can happen it definitely makes me wonder what other weird poo poo could happen but as far as Mox goes his book is pretty clear. He's not going back unless AEW somehow folds and that's not happening anytime soon.

I'm amazed people think that if Cody returned he would get cheered. The one sure bet for getting a gently caress you reaction is suggesting you are going to WWE and the fans already hated Cody. Hope he enjoys wearing polka dots like his dad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Given the number of twitter geniuses who genuinely believe that Moxley's drinking people started in AEW? A lot.

I mean, he did start biting people a lot more in AEW (and NJPW), so maybe that is where his vampirism started?

His alcoholism was probably before that though.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Does this guy think Mr T was a legitimate boxer from a documentary about the life of Rocky Balboa?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Quid posted:

Does this guy think Mr T was a legitimate boxer from a documentary about the life of Rocky Balboa?

He too bet on Clubber Lang to beat Rocky Balboa like Chevy Chase in Dirty Work.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

bartok posted:

He too bet on Clubber Lang to beat Rocky Balboa like Chevy Chase in Dirty Work.

Wonder if anyone pointed out to him that WWF hired Leslie Nielsen to find the real Undertaker, or that Crash Holly hired Shaft to protect his Hardcore title.

Or more recently, Miz was eaten by zombies.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Wonder if anyone pointed out to him that WWF hired Leslie Nielsen to find the real Undertaker, or that Crash Holly hired Shaft to protect his Hardcore title.

Or there was that time the Muppets were guest hosts of Raw. (I remember that night because Hager got the most heat he's ever gotten by holding Kermit's mouth shut.)

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

It is canon that Sheamus is related to Beaker from the Muppets.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

He actually did have a few championships in WCW, believe it or not

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

He actually did have a few championships in WCW, believe it or not

He even won "Best Gimmick" in the Wrestling Observer, which I'm surprised he doesn't have tattooed on his forehead.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
didn't re-sign cody? you're close to being scum of the earth!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

girloncinema onlyfans donor spotted

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was kinda with them until they cited Girl On Cinema

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I was with them until "urks".

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

enabling alcohol culture is one of aew's gravest sins

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
IT'S THEIR VERSION OF THE TV TITLE! HE HELD THE TV TITLE TWICE IN WCW! THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE TV TITLE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CHAMPION TO TAKES ON ALL COMERS ON A WEEKLY OR NEAR-WEEKLY BASIS!

Even by Disco standards, this is a completely mind-boggling take.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
they’re making urks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I mean, it's a talent contract for Cody Rhodes, Tony, what could it cost? 10 duffle bags of White Claw?