Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

thrawn527 posted:

For what it's worth, he seems to genuinely enjoy working on American Dad. Or at least, he used to (I haven't heard any recent interviews with him about it). I remember hearing an interview with him on a local radio station, something like 10 years ago, where he called in from an airplane before it took off (he joked that the flight attendant was probably about to confiscate his phone from him or kick him off the plane, but he'd stay on until that happened), and he was joking about some of the silly stuff they had him say, or that they had coming up, and he was laughing pretty much the whole time while talking about it. He just seems like a happy guy who's happy to be working.

He's also appeared in live-action in the play episode.

The whole reason for Avery Bullock is an excuse to have Patrick Stewart say the most insane things and he's thoroughly enjoying it, I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Yeah, to be clear, I was implying that Patrick Stewart loves that poo poo.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The whole reason for Avery Bullock is an excuse to have Patrick Stewart say the most insane things and he's thoroughly enjoying it, I'm pretty sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IkFB6OuCXE

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Zero One posted:

Maybe Loki too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie had Strange blaming himself for loving up the Multiverse in No Way Home but then he's brought to Xavier who tells him "No your little spell didn't do anything crazy. The Multiverse was broken by this other person... maybe you've heard of Loki?"

Or just watch this 40 minute recap of the whole MCU
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/581318/marvel-cinematic-universe-movies-recap

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Totally random thought but I wonder if any of the main three MCU actors who were "retired" in Endgame have had any second thoughts about the decision. Only reason I think they might is because they weren't expecting COVID to happen and for there to be this natural 3-4 year hiatus where there weren't going to be any big MCU team-up films. Maybe if they'd known they were going to have that kind of extended breather they would've decided to keep their characters exit open-ended. Not that it's all the actors decision of course, I suppose somebody had to go in Endgame after all that buildup.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's comic stuff they can bring any of them back with any reason if the cast member really wants back in.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1494020154535067650

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Great news, the show is amazing

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018

BiggerBoat posted:

Maybe it's The Big Chill: Part 2

Naw were finally getting buckaroo bonzai and the world crime league

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

See I want it to turn out that Stewart isn't appearing in Dr. Strange 2 as Xavier but as live action Avery Bullock

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Is Taika Waititi involved in the new Jurassic Park?

It seemed like he was very unsubtly hinting at Grandmaster.

I assume they zeroed in on the "older role" comment, which likewise made me hope that Waititi was making a sequel to the Fly or Bukaroo Bonzai.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

A Waititi made sequel to Buckaroo Bonzai is too much to hope for, so I just can't.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Jeff Goldblum said in an interview with GQ earlier that he is reprising an older role for a movie later this year that he can't talk about, but the role is going to be larger than it was before and he is working with Taika Waititi. So, that is basically a confirmation that Grandmaster/Goldblum is in Thor: Love and Thunder as a major side character.

No idea how he could really fit back into the story, but they could just have him walk on with no explanation because Goldblum is great. His deleted scenes in Ragnarok were some of the best and I don't know how they didn't make it in.

Well, it would be very hard to reprise a role that wasn't older, given cause preceding effect and everything.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

thrawn527 posted:

A Waititi made sequel to Buckaroo Bonzai is too much to hope for, so I just can't.

I'm so mad you put this thought in my head, the world needs this

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm so mad you put this thought in my head, the world needs this

Have you experienced any Buckaroo Banzai media ancillary to the original film? It does not.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Inkspot posted:

Have you experienced any Buckaroo Banzai media ancillary to the original film? It does not.

I haven't but if it was directed by Waititi I would.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Basebf555 posted:

Totally random thought but I wonder if any of the main three MCU actors who were "retired" in Endgame have had any second thoughts about the decision. Only reason I think they might is because they weren't expecting COVID to happen and for there to be this natural 3-4 year hiatus where there weren't going to be any big MCU team-up films. Maybe if they'd known they were going to have that kind of extended breather they would've decided to keep their characters exit open-ended. Not that it's all the actors decision of course, I suppose somebody had to go in Endgame after all that buildup.

ScarJo's solo movie postdated Endgame and there's noises that they're open to offering her another.

Also the Multiverse immediately opens up the option for any of them to come back, with the bonus that they don't have to come back as the exact same character. The rumour mill has speculated that Chris Evans may appear in Strange 2 as Hydra Cap. We also know the Illuminati are involved and Strange winds up in an alternate universe where he got the statue instead of Stark, so that raises the very strong possibility of RDJ appearing as well.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Jedit posted:

ScarJo's solo movie postdated Endgame and there's noises that they're open to offering her another.

Also the Multiverse immediately opens up the option for any of them to come back, with the bonus that they don't have to come back as the exact same character. The rumour mill has speculated that Chris Evans may appear in Strange 2 as Hydra Cap. We also know the Illuminati are involved and Strange winds up in an alternate universe where he got the statue instead of Stark, so that raises the very strong possibility of RDJ appearing as well.

The rumor mill says that Tom Cruise is playing the Ironman variant

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Charlz Guybon posted:

The rumor mill says that Tom Cruise is playing the Ironman variant

It's the Multiverse, not the Otherverse.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Everyone posted:

See I want it to turn out that Stewart isn't appearing in Dr. Strange 2 as Xavier but as live action Avery Bullock

I would watch this, but only if Stewart actually does a line of cocaine during the movie

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

RC Cola posted:

I would watch this, but only if Stewart actually does a line of cocaine during the movie

And does this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVIYhNWjsyk

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jedit posted:

It's the Multiverse, not the Otherverse.

It's the Dark Universe.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

It's the Dark Universe.

Porque no los tres?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

thrawn527 posted:

It's the Dark Universe.

Ahh the universe with no lightbulbs…

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I remember reading somewhere that Stewart took Professor X because he didn't want to be remembered as Picard for the rest of his career. Who knows if thats true though.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
There's still about 12 hours to submit your nominations for this years Top 10 Poll over on the TV forum. If you love your Comic Book TV like you love your Comic Book Movies, jump over there and have your say.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Dr Strange and Multiverse of Madness but it’s this guy showing up

https://youtu.be/yZ3ityRPQp8

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Stewart took Professor X because he didn't want to be remembered as Picard for the rest of his career. Who knows if thats true though.

So is that why he has a new Star Trek show?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Pillowpants posted:

So is that why he has a new Star Trek show?

He stopped being known as just Picard twenty years ago?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Holy goddamn. Batman Returns is a dogshit film.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Mods?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mordiceius posted:

Holy goddamn. Batman Returns is a dogshit film.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
gently caress. I’m very drunk. I meant Batman Forever.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

My wife and I watched Batman 89 and Batman Returns and they’re still loving great. Everything about Batman Forever looks cheap as gently caress. Holy poo poo I do not remember this film being so bad.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

My wife and I watched Batman 89 and Batman Returns and they’re still loving great. Everything about Batman Forever looks cheap as gently caress. Holy poo poo I do not remember this film being so bad.

Some of the performances maybe blinded you to it. Love Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones in this.

It's sort of the same thing with Batman and Robin, they got two more folks, Arnie and Uma, who just had fun with it and did their best with what they had.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I will never forget BATMAN EHHHHHHHHHH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJADOqwmc3I

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Gonz posted:

I will never forget BATMAN EHHHHHHHHHH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJADOqwmc3I

I see your BATMAN EHHHHHH and raise you BOOOOH NOOOO, IT'S BOILING ACIIIIIIIID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBEz-wfq8Ew

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Adrianics posted:

I see your BATMAN EHHHHHH and raise you BOOOOH NOOOO, IT'S BOILING ACIIIIIIIID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBEz-wfq8Ew

Good to see the Troll 2 guy's still getting work

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

gently caress. I’m very drunk. I meant Batman Forever.

I cannot sanction your buffoonery
:mods:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Edward Mass posted:

Orson Welles directed, produced, co-wrote, and starred in Citizen Kane. His last performance was in Transformers: The Movie.

No actor is ever truly above a paycheck.

As he said in F for Fake, he started at the top and worked his way down

Not many people can truthfully say that