Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Saw this and thought ppl itt would get a kick out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I’ve got two extra tickets to see All Them Witches tonight and I can’t get any of my friends to take em

smh

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I can’t get any of my friends to take em

All them bitches

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I’ve got two extra tickets to see All Them Witches tonight and I can’t get any of my friends to take em

smh

gently caress you I want your problems

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Blackwater Holylight is good

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Been listening to a lot of Goat lately. Extremely good jams.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Hell yeah Goat is weird as hell and I’m here for it. Hope I can see them some day.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

If any of yall get a chance to catch All Them Witches on this tour, I recommend it. They played a bunch of stuff off Sleeping Through The War, ATW, and Nothing As The Ideal. Alan is back from his hiatus and his keyboard stuff is getting more interesting, and he played violin on a bunch of songs. Ben's guitar tone is really great. For playing a bunch of blues and stoner solos, he's really good at staying interesting and tasteful, such a solid guitarist. Parks's voice is excellent, too, I could understand pretty much everything.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Lord Pike with something a little different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmWn-KZ_pQU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

David Lee Pike is something I didnt know I needed until now

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

If any of yall get a chance to catch All Them Witches on this tour, I recommend it. They played a bunch of stuff off Sleeping Through The War, ATW, and Nothing As The Ideal. Alan is back from his hiatus and his keyboard stuff is getting more interesting, and he played violin on a bunch of songs. Ben's guitar tone is really great. For playing a bunch of blues and stoner solos, he's really good at staying interesting and tasteful, such a solid guitarist. Parks's voice is excellent, too, I could understand pretty much everything.

I have my tickets and cannot wait! Next few months are going to be good for shows here. Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats with King Buffalo and then All Them Witches shortly after.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

hatelull posted:

I have my tickets and cannot wait! Next few months are going to be good for shows here. Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats with King Buffalo and then All Them Witches shortly after.

I skipped a King Buffalo show near my town a few months back and regret it. That's an awesome run, enjoy.

I forgot to mention that right as the lights went down and ATW was about to come on stage, the sound guy played War Pigs to get us all hyped and the whole crowd sang along and we got hyped.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR ACOUSTIC MATT PIKE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-6yNmOo6SY

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
New Cult of Luna is out!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dopelord just added this patch on their Bandcamp page. Shipping was a little pricy but I need to let the world know I’m a doom bastard

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

David Lee Pike got me jonesing to listen to that song at the beginning of the Alien Slut Mum video.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
New Author & Punisher album is officially out:

https://authorandpunisher.bandcamp.com/album/kr-ller

"What instrument do you play?"
"The CAT"

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I don't really like what he does but I'm glad someone's doing it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Seeing his contraption live is loving wild.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Isn't he like a physics teacher or something?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He's a mechanical engineer.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Man that is some weird poo poo. I don’t really listen to his stuff except occasionally out of fascination but I’d absolutely go see him live. Kind of like how I feel about Heilung or Itchy-O.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
A&P is an acquired taste, no argument. I happen to dig the industrial aspect of his stuff, so it probably speaks to me a bit more.

Here's something very different, one of my favourites and a band I keep pushing on this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HniRMpKPVM

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Trabant posted:

A&P is an acquired taste, no argument. I happen to dig the industrial aspect of his stuff, so it probably speaks to me a bit more.

Here's something very different, one of my favourites and a band I keep pushing on this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HniRMpKPVM

Ruby the Hatchet are sweet.

I loved Valley of the Snake but the second album lost me.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Laserface posted:

Ruby the Hatchet are sweet.

I loved Valley of the Snake but the second album lost me.

3rd Ruby The Hatchet LP is the best.

Interviewed them once. Bunch of South Jersey heathens.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've never heard a female vocalist quite like Her (Michelle?)

Heavy blanket is my go to track for "oh women can't sing rock? listen to these pipes"

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Who does the vocals on Bongripper's Terrible Bear Attack? I don't have a physical copy of the album so I can't check there, and I can't seem to find it online. Is it a guest vocalist, or just one of them doing it?

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Henchman of Santa posted:

Seeing his contraption live is loving wild.

It's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOTHl6Tldc

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Boris and Bongzilla just released a split 7". Another one with art by yours truly, although it was kind of just an old drawing which we repurposed. I wish my stupid record player still worked.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zoben posted:

Boris and Bongzilla just released a split 7". Another one with art by yours truly, although it was kind of just an old drawing which we repurposed. I wish my stupid record player still worked.

Oh poo poo

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
New song from Ukrainian band Somali Yacht Club

https://youtu.be/ZTYkrA_O1LA

Heavy, shoegazy, psychedelic, stoner? They don’t really fit neatly in any category

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cat Hassler posted:

New song from Ukrainian band Somali Yacht Club

https://youtu.be/ZTYkrA_O1LA

Heavy, shoegazy, psychedelic, stoner? They don’t really fit neatly in any category

Somali Yacht Club and USA Out of Vietnam are the two bands whose music (while great) sound NOTHING like what you'd expect from the name of the band

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

For some reason my unconscious brain confuses them with the devil and the almighty blues even through they sound more like spaceslug

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

I love that Bongzilla and Boris did a split, not only in that 2 great bands made music together but they represent the complete opposite of the stoner music spectrum: on the one side we have DUDE WEED BONG LMAO (which I love) and on the other side we have the more "intellectual" and experimental side of the scene (which I also love) and they have now unified!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

For some reason my unconscious brain confuses them with the devil and the almighty blues even through they sound more like spaceslug

Never heard of Spaceslug. Right up my alley - thanks

Edit: Deftonesey

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 18, 2022

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Lemanis and Time Travel Dilemma are my favorite albums of theirs by far. Extremely relaxing groove doom.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Kvlt! posted:

I love that Bongzilla and Boris did a split, not only in that 2 great bands made music together but they represent the complete opposite of the stoner music spectrum: on the one side we have DUDE WEED BONG LMAO (which I love) and on the other side we have the more "intellectual" and experimental side of the scene (which I also love) and they have now unified!

Now they should do the thing where the other band in the split writes the song for you to play. [thinking of something like this Screeching Weasel / Born Against split]

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Lemanis and Time Travel Dilemma are my favorite albums of theirs by far. Extremely relaxing groove doom.

Thank you. Downloaded both

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Kvlt! posted:

I was really loving pissed since Boris was supposed to play here and one of them got ill so they had to cancel. Earth was playing before them and played an extended show instead to fill the bill, but I'd heard quite a bit about how killer Boris was live. Hope I can see them at some point. It's cool to be connected to them in an extremely peripheral sense with the album split thing, but I've never met any of them or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Loving Lemanis so far!