Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r7gncpA6fW1r0uzl6.mp4

stolen from the schadenfreude thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhGcrqQ05o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Lucky bastard

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

He'd be luckier if he didn't wander around staring at his phone

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

So that's what the pros call "tower erection"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OSHA is healing.

Boxman posted:

Haulover Inlet!

a choppy enough bit of water that there are multiple youtube channels watching boats trying to traverse it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7q8N4wNL8w&t=81s

(a special :wtf: to the one youtuber who cuts the videos of boats eating poo poo with creep shots of women in bikinis)

Holy poo poo this looks brutal, why would anyone even tempt fate like this? Get the boat out to sea and just drop my rear end from a helicopter next to it and I'll climb aboard; I feel like that would be a safer option than deal with those waves.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

sigher posted:

Holy poo poo this looks brutal, why would anyone even tempt fate like this? Get the boat out to sea and just drop my rear end from a helicopter next to it and I'll climb aboard; I feel like that would be a safer option than deal with those waves.

Haulover isn’t that bad, I’ve gone in and out of it dozens of times, during far worse weather. (The YouTube guys generally leave when the weather turns lovely because the boat traffic dies off and standing in the rain sucks.) The issue is that it’s frequented by people who are extremely inexperienced, overconfident, frequently intoxicated, and quite often all three simultaneously. It’s the nautical equivalent of Lamborghinis wiping out on curbs leaving cars and coffee.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

I like the guy at the end that points up like, "Hey, there's a hole there."

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

That should have been roped off with clear signage. If he had gotten hurt he'd own the place.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

MrYenko posted:

Haulover isn’t that bad, I’ve gone in and out of it dozens of times, during far worse weather. (The YouTube guys generally leave when the weather turns lovely because the boat traffic dies off and standing in the rain sucks.) The issue is that it’s frequented by people who are extremely inexperienced, overconfident, frequently intoxicated, and quite often all three simultaneously. It’s the nautical equivalent of Lamborghinis wiping out on curbs leaving cars and coffee.

Along those same lines, boat ramps in the summer time - especially holiday weekends - are spectacular entertainment. Grab a chair and enjoy

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

TotalLossBrain posted:

Along those same lines, boat ramps in the summer time - especially holiday weekends - are spectacular entertainment. Grab a chair and enjoy

Search “Black Point Marina” on YouTube.

It’s sublime.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

TotalLossBrain posted:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CYkuvcSFvSn/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Check out this fancy lad:

https://twitter.com/HorselessAge/status/1494142106851594246?t=_QelSQ_iwpSfJepPD9noTQ&s=19

e: also

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That is a *glorious* measurement.

https://twitter.com/ok_girlfriend/status/1493735776877629442?t=Vshn7mUaDDE1PyhXmGbtgA&s=19

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Zesty posted:

Why don't they just twist the bridge?

It's an art gallery.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 18, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This does not help me understand what "beecocking" means at all

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Some tunnel builders in Sao Paulo dig into a thing.

:itwaspoo: https://jalopnik.com/sao-paulo-subway-tunnel-project-floods-and-collapses-ro-1848486591

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Unperson_47 posted:

I’ve always wondered!

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

This looks like the Independence Avenue Bridge in Kansas City. There are a bunch of really good Latin American restaurants there and I would die happy if I could see a truck hit the bridge while I'm eating an arepa on the patio.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Select all squares with fuckled.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

wheatpuppy posted:

A good post

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/Swac5pp.mp4

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The man's name? Maxwell Smart.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TotalLossBrain posted:

My wife and I kayak and have spent more than a few minutes just watching the boat people make all kinds of... decisions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This would rattle your loving eyeballs loose. Even later model american cabovers ride like poo poo. I can't imagine sitting right over those short little leaf springs with no cab suspension and even less tire give.

Ye olde treefuckling:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Powershift posted:

This would rattle your loving eyeballs loose. Even later model american cabovers ride like poo poo. I can't imagine sitting right over those short little leaf springs with no cab suspension and even less tire give.

Ford built the first-generation Econolines with leafs at all four corners. It's not bad, but if I had to drive mine to make a living then yeah: hemmorhoid city.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Powershift posted:

Ye olde treefuckling:

Back when you could wear a three piece suit into the woods and no one batted an eye.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Back when you could wear a three piece suit into the woods and no one batted an eye.

He's the branch manager.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

That's not tree-fuckling, this a tree-fuckling.

It's insane the size of trees they used to fell when industrialized logging began in earnest. Monsters that make General Sherman look like a bitch. And they're all gone now, we'll never see trees of that size again.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

wheatpuppy posted:

thread title?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Powershift posted:

He's the branch manager.

God drat it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Powershift posted:

He's the branch manager.

:dadjoke:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Unperson_47 posted:

Step 1: take a bunch of bees
Step 2: cover a dick with honey
Step 3: apply bees
Presto! Beecock!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
the original beecock image is in the SAclopedia, you're welcome

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://i.imgur.com/hVJq3wl.mp4

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's insane the size of trees they used to fell when industrialized logging began in earnest. Monsters that make General Sherman look like a bitch. And they're all gone now, we'll never see trees of that size again.

The largest known to have existed, Lindsey Creek Tree, was an absolute unit, twice the size of GS, three times that of the largest extant member of its species.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 18, 2022

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

ekuNNN posted:

stolen from the schadenfreude thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhGcrqQ05o

Dude in the red shirt looked straight at the guy and didn't give him a heads up. Still, pedestrians walking around with their heads in their phones is a big problem in my warehouse. Just tonight some guy abruptly left the pedestrian walkway and cut right in front of my forklift as I was driving. I've tried to bring it up to my supervisors before and all I get is "well pedestrians have the right of way"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

grittyreboot posted:

Dude in the red shirt looked straight at the guy and didn't give him a heads up. Still, pedestrians walking around with their heads in their phones is a big problem in my warehouse. Just tonight some guy abruptly left the pedestrian walkway and cut right in front of my forklift as I was driving. I've tried to bring it up to my supervisors before and all I get is "well pedestrians have the right of way"

Everyone's a jaywalker until the real forklift operator shows up

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Boooo

E: I was slowpoke booing the branch manager.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

wheatpuppy posted:

HolHorsejob posted:

thread title?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This is very sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Huh, I didn't know it was once possible to make a literal log cabin.

As opposed to a logs cabin, geddit? :dadjoke: