Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Curious about how low-grade this TV deal is, because there are a couple AEW folks mentioned as appearing on the taping and I can't imagine Tony would want his wrestlers wrestling on TV for another promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Matt Taven

sold

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Can't believe he's working for these melvins

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
In an ironic twist, the TV partner is Sinclair.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

What are the odds of them performing at CPAC?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
thank god, we finally have a promotion for all the wrestlers who i don't like to be quarantined isolated from any wrestling i follow

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJAZJDKaU84
Enjoy Striking Distance Episode 2 is live on youtube

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I skimmed through the last PPV show that Control Your Narrative and it was weird as poo poo. They had one good idea which was having 2.0 doing the Statler and Waldorf bit commenting on all the weird poo poo that was going on.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1494502200717955073?s=20&t=5tYu-k9KnkhaMF-fhlbrHQ

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:derp::derp::derp:
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1494374725698658305
:derp::derp::derp:

(gimmie that suzuki vs oc match gimmie gimmie)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

(gimmie that suzuki vs oc match gimmie gimmie)

Doesn't sound like it
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1494382171288739841

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
blanking on possible opponents i'd want to see Suzuki wrestle in GCW anymore. Feel like they're for sure giving Jordan Oliver one of those matches and i feel like his bloodsport match might be Killer Kross.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I don't care what he says, I still want to see Cassidy/Suzuki

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KungFu Grip posted:

blanking on possible opponents i'd want to see Suzuki wrestle in GCW anymore. Feel like they're for sure giving Jordan Oliver one of those matches and i feel like his bloodsport match might be Killer Kross.

Trying to think of a less exciting opponent for MiSu than Jordan Oliver, the most mediocre man on the indies, and failing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Do Suzuki vs. X-Pac on Spring Break

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Suzuki vs Moriarty would own. Also Suzuki vs Powerhouse Hobbs since they did him vs Calvin Tankman the last time he toured but I don't think anyone saw that match

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
so is Tony doing OC v Suzuki then?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not sure if janela might just be talking about doing it at spring break which is what it was originally booked for. aew doesnt want their guys at mania weekend looking like hangers-on. maybe its doable on one of the non-wm shows

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Super No Vacancy posted:

aew doesnt want their guys at mania weekend looking like hangers-on.

Except they allowed Mox to lose at Bloodsport last year and OC do Spring Break in 2020.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Things change over time.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

Nick Wayne, but he has to wear black trunks so that Suzuki understands the pecking order at a glance.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Thanlis posted:

Nick Wayne, but he has to wear black trunks so that Suzuki understands the pecking order at a glance.

why do you want to watch a child get murdered :negative:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

the escape goat posted:

why do you want to watch a child get murdered :negative:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Some funny but also potentially legendary match ups here.

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1494731344907325442

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Excited for all of those for a lot of different reasons

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Matt Taven will do what must be done

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The SAT are still on the go? That's a surprise

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

The SAT are still on the go? That's a surprise

I think they actually only started wrestling as a team again in December last year, after being mostly inactive for a decade.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This is why she runs wrestling now

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TERMINUSpro/status/1495054036533493761?s=20&t=66mxUOIg7pM4Yww0ZwH-1g

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
gotta be honest sw3rve the realest is an absolute awful wrestling name lmao. what was wrong with shane strickland man?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

KungFu Grip posted:

gotta be honest sw3rve the realest is an absolute awful wrestling name lmao. what was wrong with shane strickland man?

I can understand trying to capitalize a bit on his WWE name. It was the biggest platform he’s been on despite how it turned out.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

I can understand trying to capitalize a bit on his WWE name. It was the biggest platform he’s been on despite how it turned out.

he was Swerve before he was in WWE, the only thing they added to his name was putting "Isaiah Scott" around it which he's ditched completely

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1495487309180858368?s=20&t=3tUtK_djh6EbEyPz5GeMPA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lio's still hurt and Gabe's too stupid.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is there an updated card for "Don't Tell Me What to Do"? (edited in the updates)

The H8 Club (Matt Tremont & Nick Gage) (c) vs. The Rejects (John Wayne Murdoch & Reed Bentley) for the GCW Tag Team Championship

2 Cold Scorpio vs. Gringo Loco

Blake Christian vs. Ninja Mack

Joey Janela & Marko Stunt vs. The Second Gear Crew (AJ Gray & Matthew Justice)

Atticus Cogar vs. Alex Zayne

Orin Veidt vs. Cole Radrick - Holy loving poo poo this match is awesome

Drago Kid vs. ASF

Jordan Oliver vs. Alec Price

EDIT:
Did not know Cole Radrick did death matches

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 21, 2022

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

coconono posted:

Gabe's too stupid.

Weird way to say "suffering from mental health issues.”

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Thanlis posted:

Weird way to say "suffering from mental health issues.”

Your mental health isn't your fault but it *is* your responsibility. He's free to log off and take care of himself instead of lashing out at people then using his mental health issues as a shield when criticized in response to his actions.

What he's doing is exactly out of his buddy/Twitter defender Will Ospreay's playbook.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Mob posted:

Your mental health isn't your fault but it *is* your responsibility. He's free to log off and take care of himself instead of lashing out at people then using his mental health issues as a shield when criticized in response to his actions.

What he's doing is exactly out of his buddy/Twitter defender Will Ospreay's playbook.

He’s logged off and is hopefully taking care of himself. He thankfully hasn’t tweeted in four days. He is not using his mental health issues as a shield. When he talked about his mental health issues last year, he did not use them to excuse bad behavior on his part.

He may do that when and if he comes back, at which point I’d agree with you. But right now, it’s not happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Well you're mentioning last year and the future, I'm talking about his outbursts in the last couple of weeks.

He also poo poo on at least one SpeakingOut survivor so I honestly don't give a piss about him.