Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
And there goes my fence panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

Why is the guy lying down in the bottom-left not wearing any trousers?

He's French, we all know what they're like.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Everyone looks like their avatar unless they say they go to the gym in which case they look mega hench, and possibly also still sort of like their avatar, that's how it works, sorry.

:hmmyes:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Still awaiting the findings of the previous report in the series, defecation habits of bears

forkboy84 posted:

I am not a dog.

I am Willie Rennie

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Very disappointed in this storm so far (West Kent). Its a bit windy, but the bloody sun has the temerity to be shining, and everything in general seems fine.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

STORM WATCH

IT HAS BEGUN TO RAIN

A little

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Scotland's dumbest oval office is at it again

https://twitter.com/thecoastguy/status/1494600487022305282?t=AGsmnpMvYM0Q1r5eXW7YVA&s=19

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Necrothatcher posted:

Storm my arse.
Buy me dinner first

OwlFancier posted:

Everyone looks like their avatar unless they say they go to the gym in which case they look mega hench, and possibly also still sort of like their avatar, that's how it works, sorry.
:ohdear:

e: & in news from South Wales, a roadworks sign has fallen over & there is a compost bin under my car

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Standing outside a pub in 80mph wind dodging flying bins, absolutely refusing to kowtow to the “government” and their “safety”

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Good viewing if you want to see some planes coming in at right angles to the runway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQh1FrbOc0

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said
do you really want to live in fear of hot pans, live current and motorway traffic?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
My power is flickering now. :stare:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

peanut- posted:

Good viewing if you want to see some planes coming in at right angles to the runway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQh1FrbOc0

I'm watching it on FR24, 90kt headwinds on final approach right now and planes are taking 2 or 3 goes at getting on the ground:

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Jippa posted:

My power is flickering now. :stare:

I hope you stay safe. When storm Arwen hit Scotland last winter we were without power for four days. Then a couple of weekend ago we had back-to-back storms (Malik then Corrie) and lost power for several days again. We also coincidentally had a burst water main. The worst thing was the cold.

I don't know if anyone else has noted the same thing but it does feel like the reporting on storm Eunice is far more prevalent than the other major storms we've had and I can't help but wonder if that's because it's the south of England getting battered instead of further north.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

OwlFancier posted:

I'd be totally cool with that to be honest, (the real) Barry Foster is a pretty handsome fella

STORM WATCH: it ain't poo poo in Exeter. Just walked to therapy and back and while there was the occasional strong gust that's about it. Saw a couple signs flying about. Low energy, sad!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

runwiled posted:

I don't know if anyone else has noted the same thing but it does feel like the reporting on storm Eunice is far more prevalent than the other major storms we've had and I can't help but wonder if that's because it's the south of England getting battered instead of further north.
I've noticed a lot more "It's not happening in London so it's not happening, why are you all panicking" posting going on. At least when twisto does londoncentric posts they're about interesting quirks and oddities as opposed to pretending England only exists within a few miles of the thames.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've noticed a lot more "It's not happening in London so it's not happening, why are you all panicking" posting going on.

baader-meinhof imo

in unrelated news: still no wind in london town :sad:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Had a five second power cut earlier but now is meant to be peak wind time and it's underwhelming in my corner of the south.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've noticed a lot more "It's not happening in London so it's not happening, why are you all panicking" posting going on. At least when twisto does londoncentric posts they're about interesting quirks and oddities as opposed to pretending England only exists within a few miles of the thames.
Pretending that England exists has caused a lot of recent problems imo

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
4 fence panels gone. Completely snapped.

Neighbour felt on his shed is gone and his loose tiles have indeed flown off. BUT! they didn't land on my roof, so one saving grace.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Rustybear posted:

do you really want to live in fear of hot pans, live current and motorway traffic?

If we just give up touching live cables, the electricity wins

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It snowed up here, but otherwise we are good.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Watching those poor pilots landing at heathrow is actually making me feel less anxious.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Meh it’s nothing really

https://twitter.com/northdevonnews/status/1494616634899767333?s=21

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Those pilots have got balls of steel, just watched a big Airbus land and it was basically static a few feet above the ground for 30seconds. Also, Rob Swire seems to be watching the channel

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Just drove from the Wye Valley (the heart of the red zone) to Peterborough - left at 0830, got home at 1215. Very windy on the north bank of the Severn but nothing more than standard strong winds and no destruction, toppled trees, tipped lorries, flying bins or travelling trampolines. Some savage crosswinds on the exposed bits of motorway but we generally seemed to be running ahead of the weather and Peterborough is, as usual, not so much experiencing weather as just 'climate' at the moment. But the first things I did when I got in were to put the garden umbrella in the shed and move the food waste bin into the shelter of the front garden wall so I Am Prepared.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

In the old days it could take a while to find out someone you've never heard of was an insufferable oval office, but thanks to modern technology they can indicate it very efficiently with under 100 characters.

Thank you Twitter!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Failed Imagineer posted:

Those pilots have got balls of steel, just watched a big Airbus land and it was basically static a few feet above the ground for 30seconds. Also, Rob Swire seems to be watching the channel

lol I saw that one, it was amazing

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Guavanaut posted:

Contrary to popular belief, that is not what sans-culottes means.

Boo! I was going to make that joke! Off with their pants! :guillotine:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I imagine what it must be like in the right side window seats, seeing the runway come at you like that :stare:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Quite fun listening to the plane guy basically freak out at having gone viral on the day ITV were doing a profile on him.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Haha the latest plane just abandoned the landing and tucked its gear back in

Must be pretty loving scary for the passengers on the next go around

Carrier
May 12, 2009

The heathrow stream is genuinely such gripping watching, I'm getting gently caress all work done today.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://www.flightradar24.com/RYR8682/2adbcb5a

I think this poor pilot's gonna be circling above Bristol for a little while...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The stream of landings at Heathrow has suddenly cut off :ohdear:

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

kecske posted:

baader-meinhof imo

in unrelated news: still no wind in london town :sad:

East London is pretty drat blustery. We've got a skip outside ours and I'm just hoping that a neighbour's car isn't about it get clonked with some detritus

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Each subsequent plane filmed by the stream seems to be angled slightly more away from the camera than the previous one

In a couple of hours they'll be landing 90 degrees sideways at this rate

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Fun background wallpaper for this afternoons wfh crew

https://twitter.com/stavvers/status/1494631851499130899?t=0C2rDuPXBkCKEXFMbaN2UA

Edit extremely beaten

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Came back just to see an Aeroflot jet land like it was allergic to the ground, I'm very pleased to be sitting indoors with a cup of tea and a cat on my lap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

runwiled posted:

Eunice is certainly getting a lot more air time (so to speak) than Dudley. Guess which one is hitting Scotland.