Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

One thing I thought this morning is how this tepresents the invasion of work into our home lives again. The lovely wife was informed it would be unsafe to travel in, so she would be working from home. Not have the day off, just working from home.

73 is the number of photos of my dog I will post

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Absolutely no idea where that Qatar A380 has gone. Over Sevenoaks now, going west. Oh wait, changed his mind & heading back north to the flight path now. Just fannying around I guess, gotta to do something to pass the time.

Possibly circling waiting for his bosses decide whether to let him have another go or just divert off to Paris or somewhere less fraught.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

it's back on the approach

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Well to be fair if the pilot keeps circling the home counties commuter towns, it just increases the risk of high-flying bins taking out a wing or something while someone screams at him for stealing their bin.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Possibly circling waiting for his bosses decide whether to let him have another go or just divert off to Paris or somewhere less fraught.

Apparently something was diverted to Athens earlier. Which would be a nightmare.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Looks like he's going to give it another go:

You've got another 3 minutes or so to get on the stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQh1FrbOc0

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

The guy on the stream mentioned that they only get 3 attempts before they have to divert - I'm not sure if that's a full on rule at Heathrow or just best practice.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

hero

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You do realise the area covered by the red warning for Eunice includes almost 40 million people, right?

I wasn't aware that there were 40 million people in London, Suffolk and Kent, no. Are you thinking of the amber warning?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

I wasn't aware that there were 40 million people in London, Suffolk and Kent, no. Are you thinking of the amber warning?

The red warning as of last night covered everything from Land's End to The Wash, but even if you take "only" London and the southern Home Counties that's still >10M people, a sixth of the entire population of the UK.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Jedit posted:

you do realise the majority of the south west were within the red warning area

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If this boy doesn't land the Qatari's will be giving him his P45.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

BOSCH

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There were two red areas this morning, but looking at the forecast now the devon / south wales red warning area has gone.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
250k watching the stream, I wonder if that's a record for people watching a plane not containing royalty/celebrity/papacy?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There were two red areas this morning, but looking at the forecast now the devon / south wales red warning area has gone.

It's over here in Devon, yeah

Just a nice sunny day now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/djstay81/status/1494652836273176578?s=20&t=oDS3YodI3hjm9yj_kX7Pag

God taking a battering from the wind

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Barry Foster posted:

It's over here in Devon, yeah

Just a nice sunny day now

Cambridge is getting battered right now.

e: Just had a brief power cut.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Dang

EDIT

VVVVVVVVVVVVV lol

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Adam buxton noooooo

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Vicar going in to work like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJS5p_l5Czg&t=125s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nobody is stopping you from going outside with a garden fork and screaming at god if you want to.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BJFHubbard/status/1494657662423814144

The big tent is gone.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is a pretty good metaphor for new labour tbh.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Blair's legacy in tatters.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Someone is, somehow, rollerskating down the street :stare:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Barometer went off the bottom of the scale.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Hey if you put your coat over your head like a sail you could probably reach motorway speeds.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Do they want to be? Are you sure they are in fact wearing roller skates, or just drifting away?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Must admit I'm enjoying watching the southerners get to be all :supaburn: about a storm for once, but yeah stay safe lads it looks pretty nuts

forkboy84 posted:

Apparently something was diverted to Athens earlier. Which would be a nightmare.

Why in God's name would you divert to a country literally on the other side of the continent?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Hey if you put your coat over your head like a sail you could probably reach motorway speeds.
Wish Princess Di stayed alive to die in a crash a few weeks before today. We went down the onramps in a tesco trolley back then because the roads were so empty, imagine doing that but with a bedsheet sail.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Very not windy in Glasgow for a change.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

My outer window pane just cracked from the wind pressure.

Debating with myself whether to tell the landlord, it's somewhat small and I'll be moving out soon and need his reference next week (& he's a miser who would be pissed about it),

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
So badly want to take a wander over to Canning Town to watch the New Labour phylactery get Act-of-Godded (from the good side of the river, obviously) but I'd have to pass a dozen or more tall building sites with cranes and poo poo and that doesn't seem like a very sensible idea.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ThomasPaine posted:

Must admit I'm enjoying watching the southerners get to be all :supaburn: about a storm for once, but yeah stay safe lads it looks pretty nuts

Why in God's name would you divert to a country literally on the other side of the continent?

Absolutely no idea. Seems insanity. Guess closer airports were also at capacity?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

So badly want to take a wander over to Canning Town to watch the New Labour phylactery get Act-of-Godded (from the good side of the river, obviously) but I'd have to pass a dozen or more tall building sites with cranes and poo poo and that doesn't seem like a very sensible idea.

Missing a chance to get 80,000 YouTube viewers, every time a panel comes off you go "BOSCH, JOBS A GOOD 'UN"

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
In fairness you meeting your end at the hands of some flying piece of London infrastructure would be very fitting.

E: directed at twisto obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Unkempt posted:

Adam buxton noooooo

Thinking same thing lol