Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Porting the loading screen tips from 2 is fine I guess but i can't seem to find the puzzle in these ruins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I am enjoying sticking a massive Ogre Camp within Altdolf's borders, just peacing out with aggressor Franz every so often after my big bois slap down his armies.

It's like if a professional wrestler starting camping out in Buckingham Palace's gardens, stealing from catering and occasionally punching the royal guards.

Edit: What's extra funny is Toddy freaking loves me for it :v:

Also I'm on a 1060 graphics card, kind of middle/low settings but the game runs well enough. I think my benchmark test was sieging two skaven stacks and the game seemed fine.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 18, 2022

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I thought I had no interest in playing any of the Chaos factions but I have a strange urge to play Good Guy N'kari.

Wipe out all the chaos factions, befriend all the order ones and intentionally lose the bear god race. Not sure if its possible but could be a funny challenge run.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I just love the idea of all these chaos mechanics on the grand map. The true poo poo stirring you could do on a large scale as Tzeentch, or making a multi-continent crab sex empire :allears:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I've reflexively alt-tabbed after winning a battle twice since it was my habit in TWW2 and ended up having to replay the battle because the game hosed itself, very annoying. First time the process just instantly closed when I tabbed out. Second time I got stuck on a black screen (it would show other apps during alt-tab, but actually switching tabs didn't do poo poo) so I had to CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. Given how much of a slog settlement battles are - the second was even a siege battle - this is really putting a damper on my enjoyment so far.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've tried to do a Nurgle rift as Nurgle faction and got debuff.. Papa provides, I guess.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm enjoying the tutorial campaign so far, I'll get a chance to finish it off tonight/tomorrow, but I REALLY hope CA gets the go ahead from GW to expand the monogods rosters with Age of Sigmar units. Where's my plagueboy riding his giant snail? Or my Slaaanesh devotee to gluttony who took one look at the ogres and said "Holy my beer can, I'll want it as a light snack after I eat them."? Age of Sigmar did a good job expanding Slaanesh to better emphasize the "God of excess" angle rather than just "Sex drugs and Rock and Roll".

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
I took an early confederation for 6 settlements as Cathay, wondering why I could grab them so early. Rookie mistake. Half of them are already under siege.
I'm now up to my rear end in Daemons, Orcs, Skaven, Ogres and rebel armies because it also threw my yin/yang vibe way out as well.

Getting blasted but apart from that I really love shooting off caravans whenever I can. I like the little dialogue options for them and the fights they pull have been unique and interesting.
I think I just want that as the whole game. Sending out caravans to fight Ogre mercenaries and score sweet gold scratches that itch bad.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

game brok, game bad 0/10. Gonna complain on the internet.

*keeps playing anyway*

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I thought there was supposed to be 3Ks autoformations when you click and drag but it doesn't seem to be a thing

Also that it was meant to save your last formation with that army and its not doing that either. Am I crazy?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Oops

Dandywalken posted:

Had the same at 15! WE's are now wandering around and I ofc cant catch 'em. The home province movement rate mods spoiled me I guess :(

I ended up making a military alliance with the northman settlement north of your starting point and just tasking them to play Benny Hill with the armies.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

played through the tutorial last night. they are serious about tracking your progress giving out acheivements in this one, huh?

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
https://www.game-debate.com/news/31610/total-war-warhammer-3-most-important-graphics-options-every-video-setting-benchmarked

Relative contributions to frame rates for TWW3. Not sure how reliable this would be, but there you go.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Communist Thoughts posted:

I thought there was supposed to be 3Ks autoformations when you click and drag but it doesn't seem to be a thing

Also that it was meant to save your last formation with that army and its not doing that either. Am I crazy?

It does the save last formation thing sometimes, but I don't think it does it in settlement battles, and I don't know how well it interacts with modifying the army comp.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

It seemingly does for field battles. I've had a few saved formations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Are flying units not able to capture points? Had a battle where I sent my Demon Prince to grab a supply point, but even when he landed, it wasn't changing.

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013
I don't think so, I had the same thing after landing Cathay's flyers.

Also feel like I'm one of the only people starting with Cathay. The Western Province campaign has been fun so far. Confederated two parts of the wall and they've got good army upkeep bonuses to station an army there. Was swimming in money at the start as all the campaign objectives are intuitive stuff you do anyway.

Portals just opened so looking forward to checking them out.

e:typo

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Cobra Lionfist posted:

Also feel like I'm one of the only people starting with Cathay. The Western Province campaign has been fun so far. Confederated two parts of the wall and they've got good army upkeep bonuses to station an army there. Was swimming in money at the start as all the campaign objectives are intuitive stuff you do anyway.

Yeah I started as Kislev because a) I've wanted to play them for ages and b) they seemed like they'd be the easiest to just really go wild and jump into the new mechanics without worrying too much. Cathay is probably up next. Maybe a demon campaign.

Also, I need names for Frost Maidens because so far every one has been named Evelina, most of them with the last name Bebchuk. Its challenging.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Currently enjoying Khorne a lot. A really chill campaign of mayhem and slaughter

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Also, I need names for Frost Maidens because so far every one has been named Evelina, most of them with the last name Bebchuk. Its challenging.

https://www.behindthename.com/random/

Select Russian, Ukrainian, Latvian, Polish + Georgian and generate feminine names.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so I'm running this on ultra at 2k and it runs fine but looks a bit lovely? Anyone else have this vague sense that something is off with the graphics? Like they're kind of blurry, the characters / models aren't sharp enough, and the ground is a bit lower resolution or something than it should be? I saw someone mention disabling TXAA or something like that, is that the culprit?

lunael1982
Oct 19, 2012
Really like the slower combat. For me battles have been too fast in every TW game since Shogun 2. Now it feels just right. Have enjoyed the game a lot but think that races are kind of meh.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I can't wait for IE to hit because I want to play the Brettonian campaign where I can crusade into a portal to hell

and it doesn't even have to go to hell it can go across the world

why is the best campaign brettonia, step it up CA

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Frog Act posted:

so I'm running this on ultra at 2k and it runs fine but looks a bit lovely? Anyone else have this vague sense that something is off with the graphics? Like they're kind of blurry, the characters / models aren't sharp enough, and the ground is a bit lower resolution or something than it should be? I saw someone mention disabling TXAA or something like that, is that the culprit?

Yeah, switch from TAA to FXAA.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Mordja posted:

Yeah, switch from TAA to FXAA.

Cool thanks! I keep seeing these videos where it looks great and it should look like that on my 3070 so hopefully that'll do it

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

mine kept reverting to the wrong resolution for some reason

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
As someone who liked the siege battles in WH2, the new walled battles suck and I don't like playing them.

On the other hand the minor settlement battles are fun and I do like them.

I propose a mod that makes the following changes:

Walled settlement maps -> changed to minor settlement maps

Minor settlement maps -> changed to field battles.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

It isn't, and it boggles my mind that they didn't include it. Easily the best feature of 3K, imo

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Empire or dwarfs for Kislev allies? Unit wise i mean. I kind of feel like i want 4 thunderers.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

canada jezus posted:

Empire or dwarfs for Kislev allies? Unit wise i mean. I kind of feel like i want 4 thunderers.

seems like Dwarfs would also be advantageous in that you could recruit more or less unbreakable armored melee infantry to complement the Kislev roster of Sea Guard

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

canada jezus posted:

Other than tanks I can't really see what the empire would offer you, as kislev already has human level armour, guns, and artillery.

Whereas dwarfs could give you poo poo like gyrocopters, irondrakes, ironbreakers etc, frankly I always wish I had dwarf infantry.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

PerilPastry posted:

It isn't, and it boggles my mind that they didn't include it. Easily the best feature of 3K, imo

You're talking about melee automatically being put before missile units when you draw them up? I'm sure its in, i just had to turn off because it was messing with my gunpowder checker boarding as Cathay.

They did fail to introduce the real best feature from 3K, the more aggressive A.I. It's still refusing to engage in any field battles approaching being even sided, which helps compound any issues with seige battles because your stick doing them all the time.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

canada jezus posted:

You already get Streltsi who are basically thunderers without shields but better melee stats. I'd go for Empire and their better artillery.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

genericnick posted:

There's also the fire wind spell in yang and the alchemist fire imbue thingy. They have a lot of fire actually.

I did miss the imbue ability, but Wall of Wind & Fire doesn't actually deal fire damage. Yes I know that's a bit strange, but it's pure magical damage (unless the tooltip is lying).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cobra Lionfist posted:

I played Cathay first because Miao Ying is really cool but it's been much harder than I ever expected. High Elves were my favorite and best faction from the previous games so I expected an experience relatively close to that and it has been muuuch harder. I don't know if it's me using gunpowder or what. Miao Ying seems fairly strong in her dragon form, but then in sieges she'll go from tanking everything to getting chunked to below half hp randomly. All your other lords, even half dragon blooded, and heroes being made of tissue paper is really annoying, especially when in the trailer I thought alchemists could put up a fight given their animations. I've been trying to use guns but I'm wondering if cutting everything but a couple of crane gunners and just going for crossbows would be better, especially for sieges. I do okay in field battles and then sieges are just an utter nightmare.

Also annoyingly I ran into what I think is a bug. Went into Slaneesh as the first chaos realm to get some goodies and peace, but one of the enemy armies spawned on the gate down, thought okay, I'll fight them and then go through. Defeat the army but can't pass through the gate. Messed around for a turn trying to get it to trigger but no luck. Wasting time let Kairos catch up, he's sitting on another gate now but I'm scared to fight him if that'll just bug out again too.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Skarfang gets pretty grotesque after you level him up

Just a regenerating non-stop murder colossus, that can fly

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I'm enjoying this and all but I've played fewer and fewer hours in every TW game as they've come out over the years and I think it's all the missions and narrative framing in the main campaign. I wish they'd do more of a medieval 2 thing for some factions where they didn't have to manage a bunch of superfluous mechanics. like when I recently reinstalled WH2 after a year or so and discovered dwarfs had this whole thing with grudges on top of the forge stuff, the empire had all this politicking, etc it kind of turned me off because my fondest memories of Total War are M2, M2: Stainless Steel, and Shogun 2 with a realm divide reducer/eliminator mod where the story and motivation came from emergent things rather than structured mechanics. I hope I can find my way around my feelings on those because I enjoy the fantasy battles a lot

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Why do the cutscenes look straight out of 2002's Warcraft III.

Is this a weird graphics setting... or a design choice.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition

Gamerofthegame posted:

I can't wait for IE to hit because I want to play the Brettonian campaign where I can crusade into a portal to hell

:black101::black101::black101:

Welp I know what my first IE campaign is gonna be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011