Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

BlindSite posted:

I just got off the phone with the company I'd interviewed at during this week. Got the job I was chasing! So gently caress yeah!

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man the music in Hades rules so loving hard I can hardly believe it.

BlindSite posted:

I just got off the phone with the company I'd interviewed at during this week. Got the job I was chasing! So gently caress yeah!

gently caress yes! Nice job.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thanks fellas, looking forward to a new challenge and new opportunities. The state manager I interviewed with had something interesting to say on wednesday - mentioned that the CEO has no interest in dominating the market or growth for the sake of growth and apparently said at the latest shareholder meeting that he would rather see happy employees than private jets and that kind of sealed it for me. If I have to participate in a system I don't like at least it seems I picked the best of a bad bunch who aren't going to pump KPIs and go crazy over "number must go higher". They also met my salary demands and gave me a full week's notice as a start date so I can relax and enjoy a week of freedom before starting. loving pumped

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

BlindSite posted:

Hell yeah.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

BlindSite posted:

Hell yeah

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Wonderful! Congratulations friend!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Congrats BlindSite :toot:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

Congrats man! :hellyeah:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Congrats BS!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
🥳

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

Congrats BlindSite :toot:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
New Horizon looks great so far

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm happy for you BlindSite. I remember your decision to quit the old job was tough. It sounds like it's paying off. Congratulations!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I finally got around to watching Hawkeye.
Pretty fun. Also felt kinda nice to have the Christmasy vibe again in the middle of gray depressing February.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Grats Blind, that's awesome!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congrats Blind

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The mortgage brokers only being used 16% of the time is wild. I don’t know how you’d complete the process without one, tbh. So i can understand your skipping over the word mortgage in my first post. NBD at all, and I see why you’d jump to the conclusion of RE broker.

Curious how other states handle no mortgage broker transactions, time to read that article

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

I finally got around to watching Hawkeye.
Pretty fun. Also felt kinda nice to have the Christmasy vibe again in the middle of gray depressing February.

Same but marathoned Happy!, Chris Meloni is a treasure.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

BlindSite posted:

gently caress yeah indeed! Congrats!

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Amy Pole Her posted:

The mortgage brokers only being used 16% of the time is wild. I don’t know how you’d complete the process without one, tbh. So i can understand your skipping over the word mortgage in my first post. NBD at all, and I see why you’d jump to the conclusion of RE broker.

Curious how other states handle no mortgage broker transactions, time to read that article

Just one data point here, but I've bought five houses in my life, and none used a specific mortgage broker. That's not meant to be read as a positive or a negative, just reality.

My only objection to your posts was the idea of using mortgage brokers instead of learning as much as you can about the process. I guess ideally you'd do both, but I will always tell people to learn as much as they can about what for most people will be the single most expensive thing they buy.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

BlindSite posted:

That's awesome!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Congrats BlindSite!

In other things going on 99% of the time I'm sure I'd be just fine if I were a pilot, but these times are part of the 1%

https://twitter.com/TomHourigan/status/1494638164115443712

This is still going on if you want to watch planes land like a curveball in the dirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQh1FrbOc0

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

congrats BS!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Congrats Blindsite! Yay new jobs!

It looks like that plane in the tweet landed with like zero forward velocity, or the perspective is weird.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Apparently everyone in the UK is watching this guy at Heathrow. Dude just became a star.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Its cold out and the cats are fighting over who gets to sit behind my work laptop and enjoy the hot exhaust fan.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

Hell yeah! Congrats! I’m sure that’s a relief.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Its cold out and the cats are fighting over who gets to sit behind my work laptop and enjoy the hot exhaust fan.

They're just helping you work!!!! If you were nice and loved them you'd just have two heating bricks :shrug:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

One of mine loves hanging out right up against the work beast laptop.

I’m at the vet with the other one right now because he’s having urinary issues, but so far they don’t seem to think it’s a blockage so crossing my fingers this doesn’t turn into a $3,000 visit like the last one with the other kitty :pray:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

saintonan posted:

My only objection to your posts was the idea of using mortgage brokers instead of learning as much as you can about the process. I guess ideally you'd do both, but I will always tell people to learn as much as they can about what for most people will be the single most expensive thing they buy.
I guess the disconnect here is my communication and your interpretation of what I’m suggesting. Consult a broker doesn’t equal just hand everything to a broker. I suppose because you’ve never worked with one, it’s unfair to expect you to know their process (which most requirements are federally mandated from HUD, so they have to be somewhat similar)

They’re like any other resource - a tool to be used. In any situation it’s always important to, at the very least, know enough about what you don’t know. You use the mortgage broker to learn as much as you can and lean on them to navigate which part to take w/r/t these variable scenarios on down payments etc.

It’s wild that so many states don’t use them as a default. Never knew that! Colorado and Florida both have, in my personal experience with buying / selling property. What state are you in outta curiosity?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 18, 2022

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

It’s wild that so many states don’t use them as a default. Never knew that! Colorado and Florida both have, in my personal experience with buying / selling property. What state are you in outta curiosity?

Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, and Texas twice.

I fully support using brokers as another tool in my arsenal, but I stop short of completely trusting them and relying on them entirely.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

T-Square posted:

One of mine loves hanging out right up against the work beast laptop.

I’m at the vet with the other one right now because he’s having urinary issues, but so far they don’t seem to think it’s a blockage so crossing my fingers this doesn’t turn into a $3,000 visit like the last one with the other kitty :pray:

Prayers up duder.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I stayed up until 2 am playing the new Horizon and I'm exhausted today.

It was awesome and I can't wait to get back into it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

saintonan posted:

Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, and Texas twice.

I fully support using brokers as another tool in my arsenal, but I stop short of completely trusting them and relying on them entirely.

This is the default for brokers, attorneys, agents, etc. And a good rule of thumb. Also, if they lie or misrepresent facts, they’re screwed and you’d have a very quick action against them (aka their E+O insurance)

I can’t say the same for Wikipedia.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

BlindSite posted:

Congrats on the new job!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is the default for brokers, attorneys, agents, etc. And a good rule of thumb. Also, if they lie or misrepresent facts, they’re screwed and you’d have a very quick action against them (aka their E+O insurance)

I can’t say the same for Wikipedia.

Buy me a house please

E: to be clear, I’m asking for your legal counsel and the money to actually buy the house

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Leper thanks for posting that above article on the fall and rise of mortgage brokers by the way. Shocking stuff, in that brokers haven’t been making a comeback before. Not so surprising that big banks cut them out to screw folks over in the name of profit over knowledge

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Congrats BlindSite!

In other things going on 99% of the time I'm sure I'd be just fine if I were a pilot, but these times are part of the 1%

https://twitter.com/TomHourigan/status/1494638164115443712

This is still going on if you want to watch planes land like a curveball in the dirt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQh1FrbOc0

this is my jam, ty

Amy Pole Her posted:

Leper thanks for posting that above article on the fall and rise of mortgage brokers by the way. Shocking stuff, in that brokers haven’t been making a comeback before. Not so surprising that big banks cut them out to screw folks over in the name of profit over knowledge

Sure. The entire industry is hosed up, this is just one corner of it, and their powerful lobbies actively work to keep it this way. It's a shame. Here on SA, at least we do a decent job of telling people what their actual options are.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

this is my jam, ty

Sure. The entire industry is hosed up, this is just one corner of it, and their powerful lobbies actively work to keep it this way. It's a shame. Here on SA, at least we do a decent job of telling people what their actual options are.

I checked that thread out - it’s definitely an oasis in the sea of poo poo. You folks definitely do a good job there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol they just did an interview of airplane watcher guy for ITV UK, his channel is about to get a few more viewers I expect

I've seen some video of the old airport in hong kong where the planes used to come in incredibly low over apartment buildings and then land at a severe angle due to the wind, this poo poo at heathrow isn't as bad as that but it's still cool to see pilots put their planes down in severe gusty cross winds, one wheel at a time, bouncing hard, the tail fin going back and forth, must be pretty stressfull for them today.