Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The millennium dome was the perfect building for the 2000s. It was opened despite a bomb hoax but ended up being more demoralizing to the west than if it had been blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Depending on how the weather goes you might also be able to be killed by london infrastructure in scotland.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"Never mind son, we'll have that beam off you in a second."

"Funny thing - not only is this an architrave, it's actuallythe only example of an architrave within the greater..."

"Leave him."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Private Speech posted:

My outer window pane just cracked from the wind pressure.

Debating with myself whether to tell the landlord, it's somewhat small and I'll be moving out soon and need his reference next week (& he's a miser who would be pissed about it),

Tell him now, or he'll blame you for it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Neighbour lost two fence panels right next to where I park my car. My electricity meter box has been ripped out of the wall, its door long gone. Blue skies and howling winds.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

In fairness you meeting your end at the hands of some flying piece of London infrastructure would be very fitting.

E: directed at twisto obviously

Third Apparition
Twisto shall never vanquished be, until
Great Peckham wood to low Docklands Isle
Shall come against him.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Not super windy here is Pontypridd, just looking out the window. However, I can hear Wheely Bins blowing around the road. So it must be that we're in a lucky spot.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
'Thus we see, UK economic productivity took a dip during the Great Storms of the 2020s not because of damage to infrastructure, but because the entire country discovered that watching a livestream of planes landing loving owns.'

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
My dear ol mum decided to keep her hair appointment over much protestation from everyone, even after a roof tile flew past her as she left the door

I've already warned her that if she survives a stroke and a pandemic but gets brained by a flying tree because she wanted her hair dye then we're all mocking her in the eulogies. There are some nasty vortices roaming through the gardens here, announcing themselves with huge noise and bent trees before trying to throw things at me

Meanwhile a mate in Swansea text me to say her chimneys gone, along with a decent chunk of roof

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty glad we got our windows and doors (and roof) replaced in the last couple of years, I think this would probably have done some damage otherwise, and we're only living in the Amber warning area. Not sure my already-cracked single-glazed old windows would have held out.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Surprise T Rex posted:

I'm pretty glad we got our windows and doors (and roof) replaced in the last couple of years, I think this would probably have done some damage otherwise, and we're only living in the Amber warning area. Not sure my already-cracked single-glazed old windows would have held out.

Nervously looking at my cracked and rattling single glazing rite now

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Soo.

Omicron does not look likely to kill us all.

East London Goon Meat in Stratford at the gaming pub my abortive D&D game had session 0 at? (Sessions 1+ derailed by global pandemic). Maybe I dunno *draws times out of hat* Saturday March 5th 6pm?

https://www.escapebars.uk/stratford

Here iirc. I am double jabbed plus boosted, probably doesn't need saying in here but I would hope nobody with objections to vaccination is likely to show up.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

But i have cool cats and alcohol right here...

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

feedmegin posted:

Soo.

Omicron does not look likely to kill us all.

East London Goon Meat in Stratford at the gaming pub my abortive D&D game had session 0 at? (Sessions 1+ derailed by global pandemic). Maybe I dunno *draws times out of hat* Saturday March 5th 6pm?

https://www.escapebars.uk/stratford

Here iirc. I am double jabbed plus boosted, probably doesn't need saying in here but I would hope nobody with objections to vaccination is likely to show up.

Did this place change name? I think I've been there a few times but it had a name like the knight's throbbing halberd or something

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
So soon to be sister in law is a paramedic at Heathrow. She's had to deal with multiple panic attacks coming off these flights. Including the Qatar one.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Aipsh posted:

Did this place change name? I think I've been there a few times but it had a name like the knight's throbbing halberd or something

believe that's an unlisted bar in soho

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Aipsh posted:

It was the Escape Bar 2 years ago, last time I met goons there :shrug: before that, I can't say.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My mum yeeted some hot cross buns through my window.

How does one eat them again? Basically toasted with butter if i remember.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

feedmegin posted:

It was the Escape Bar 2 years ago, last time I met goons there :shrug: before that, I can't say.

https://www.allinlondon.co.uk/clubs-bars/bars/10512-secret-weapon

secret weapon! That's what it was. I think it changed before the pandemic which was before the last time I was there. I hope it's less uh...unclean now

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Aipsh posted:

https://www.allinlondon.co.uk/clubs-bars/bars/10512-secret-weapon

secret weapon! That's what it was. I think it changed before the pandemic which was before the last time I was there. I hope it's less uh...unclean now

I really miss that place - I've not been back since it changed hands so I don't know how it's held up but it was a great little grot hole.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Just toast the cut side the outer side goes weird and dry otherwise.

I would come to a UKMT meet, i would like to buy some of you a drink but I dunno if I'm too much of a lurker.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mebh posted:

Yep, slice it in half, put it in the toaster, put butter on, eat sweet bun soaked in liquid butter.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Like toasted teacakes yup. They basically are teacakes with religious decoration, although I think historically there was a difference in how the bread was baked, a bit like certified matzah except I don't think even the Archbishop of York knows what the rules are for Lent anymore.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jedit posted:

Tell him now, or he'll blame you for it.

Went ahead and did that, thanks. Hopefully it won't affect the reference.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Isomermaid posted:

I would come to a UKMT meet, i would like to buy some of you a drink but I dunno if I'm too much of a lurker.

You would be welcome. Like I say, I met up with some folks from here just before Covid hit with the aim of starting a D&D game, Twisto for one, and Camrath. You can check with them and make sure I'm not scary ;)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Isomermaid posted:

Attend, but don't tell anyone you're there, just lurk a meet-up. That'd be fun.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Depends how goony you look, I don't think I can lurk anywhere other than in the sense that I look like the foreshadowing of the murderer in a horror movie.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Depends how goony you look, I don't think I can lurk anywhere other than in the sense that I look like the foreshadowing of the murderer in a horror movie.

If you're not giving off, bare minimum, creepy stalker vibes then are you really lurking? The closer to serial killer vibes the better.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

forkboy84 posted:

Attend, but don't tell anyone you're there, just lurk a meet-up. That'd be fun.

This is the new plan, looking in through the window like sickos.jpg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Following on from my earlier assumption I am sure nobody would notice the colour out of space looking in the window.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I imagine OwlFancier looking like the anarchists in those old posters all bearded and cloaked and lurking behind a buttress with one of those round bombs with the long cord fuses.

Don't actually carry one of those though or New Labour will shoot you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I imagine OwlFancier looking like the anarchists in those old posters all bearded and cloaked and lurking behind a buttress with one of those round bombs with the long cord fuses.

Don't actually carry one of those though or New Labour will shoot you.

There is that one specific cartoon of the beardy guy in a big coat holding a cartoon bomb that basically looks like me yeah. Replace bomb with a pasty or something.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

There is that one specific cartoon of the beardy guy in a big coat holding a cartoon bomb that basically looks like me yeah. Replace bomb with a pasty or something.

Now I want to make pasties for dinner.

Top crimped.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

ORMOIGORD OICORTATONVIDEO :holy:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That guy, that me except I have less mustache and more hair everywhere else.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Norman!!!

NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NORMAN, THE WATER IN THE BOWL IN THE LAVITRY IS MOVING AGAIN, NORMAN

I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT SINCE BEFORE WILLIAM AND KATE WERE WED, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BECAUSE IT LOOKS UNCOUTH, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT COMPANY TO SEE IT

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There were a couple of split trees on my way to work and I think a bunch of people had been calling out pre-emptive tree surgeons? Because there were also a bunch of people who were having trees cut right back or had previously done it in the last couple of days.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

OwlFancier posted:

There were a couple of split trees on my way to work and I think a bunch of people had been calling out pre-emptive tree surgeons? Because there were also a bunch of people who were having trees cut right back or had previously done it in the last couple of days.

If you know the tree's dead or that it's got weaknesses, and then a storm comes and your tree's got a branch jutting out of next doors roof, it becomes a matter of liability and reasonable foresight.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Mebh posted:

If you eat meat, they're pretty great to use for a bacon roll imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Danger - Octopus! posted:

If you eat meat, they're pretty great to use for a bacon roll imo

I am at a loss for words reading this post, that sounds genuinely horrifying.

Why do you want your bacon butty to taste of cinnamon??