Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

nrook posted:

Where’s Brian Battler? :911:

USA team is obviously being saved for DLC because absolutely everyone will be willing to shell out cash for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Thirsty Dog posted:

There's certainly a fair criticism to make if women are being portrayed as the bad guys constantly, but uh I don't think you quite get internet misogyny if you think that having women be badasses and super powerful is pandering to them in any way

The female villains still get defeated by the hero in the end, which turns it into a power fantasy for incels.

It's more progressive to make the final boss a guy so you can beat them up with a female character.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Feb 18, 2022

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
???

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Jack Trades posted:

That some extreme loving massaging of the facts there, bud.

Final Boss of Tekken 7 is Kazuya (or Akuma on Very Hard) and final boss of Strive is Nagoriyuki.

I admit I made a mistake with Tekken 7 because I was thinking of Kazumi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwQN6aRMDiM

But in Guilty Gear Strive, I-No is the main villain of the story even though the battle with her is a cut scene.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

So it doesn't actually make the player feel powerful because they don't get to do it? Shut the gently caress up already

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Jordan Peterson av is there for a reason y'all

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
you people will just reply to anything, huh

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yaldabaoth posted:

So you were fantasizing about beating a women?

This all seems to be a you brain demon.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Lynx Winters posted:

https://i.imgur.com/764GosD.mp4

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lynx Winters posted:

it's a slow day :(

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
OK, it's obvious no one shares my opinion so I'm just going to let the conversation die.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Well, in other fighting game news

https://kotaku.com/tekken-esports-pro-gamer-japan-osaka-stream-red-bull-al-1848553238/amp

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Actual non obvious trolling post if we're gonna talk about women in fighting games the KOF designers are thirsty as hell. It's wild that Mai is one of the tamer designs in this game. I just wanna bodyslam people with Shermie though. I've been trying to play Robert, Shermie and Dinosaur and I dunno who should be my anchor. Feels like Robert should be my point because he's just Ryu and he can kinda do whatever.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

But in Guilty Gear Strive, I-No is the main villain of the story even though the battle with her is a cut scene.

I-No is not the "boss" of Strive as the player doesn't "beat her up", so it doesn't follow your point.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
I-no fulfills the incel fantasy that God is a woman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lynx Winters posted:

You bet your loving rear end.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If we're gonna talk about female characters in fighting games. Where the hell are all the fighting grandmas?
We had that discussion earlier at some point but it's hosed up how you can count all the female characters that are older than 30 in a mainstream fighting game on the fingers of one hand.

IIRC: Vanessa is 30, Ivy and Orchid are 32, Sonya Blade is 50-ish, and that's it.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 18, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guy posting on a forum: so yall just like. Post stuff huh. Alright you do you

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Apparently, she made a lot of really rough comments that absolutely should get you dropped, but Kotaku is only focusing on the height thing for reasons.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
A lot of short fellas over there

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Gavok posted:

Apparently, she made a lot of really rough comments that absolutely should get you dropped, but Kotaku is only focusing on the height thing for reasons.

That wasn’t true, it was google translated screenshots from a Japanese blog post and Kotaku deleted that part because it’s unfounded.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pockyless posted:

That wasn’t true, it was google translated screenshots from a Japanese blog post and Kotaku deleted that part because it’s unfounded.

i mean

it might be true but she deleted the evidence one way or the other

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Glagha posted:

Actual non obvious trolling post if we're gonna talk about women in fighting games the KOF designers are thirsty as hell. It's wild that Mai is one of the tamer designs in this game. I just wanna bodyslam people with Shermie though. I've been trying to play Robert, Shermie and Dinosaur and I dunno who should be my anchor. Feels like Robert should be my point because he's just Ryu and he can kinda do whatever.

My team right now is Mai as point, Ash, and Ryo as my anchor, although I feel I should switch Ryo to point since he can do a lot with a little, have Mai as my bridge, and I'm pretty sure Ash can do a lot more with meter with Sans Culotte

I'm not nailed down on this team though, and might switch out Ryo for Gato when he comes out

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Gavok posted:

Sounds like their article has come up short.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

If we're gonna talk about female characters in fighting games. Where the hell are all the fighting grandmas?
We had that discussion earlier at some point but it's hosed up how you can count all the female characters that are older than 30 in a mainstream fighting game on the fingers of one hand.

IIRC: Vanessa is 30, Ivy and Orchid are 32, Sonya Blade is 50-ish, and that's it.

matrimelee

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Glagha posted:

Robert can meter dump for big damage so he's prob best ran last. Idk anything about Shermie but I've mostly seen her run second so maybe Dino/Shermie/Robert?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Isn't Ivy like 65-70 but keeps her appearance through alchemy?

Would be fun to have like a Genkai grandma character honeetly

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Robert can meter dump for big damage so he's prob best ran last. Idk anything about Shermie but I've mostly seen her run second so maybe Dino/Shermie/Robert?

If you're talking about his dp into ranbu loops in the corner they patched that out already lol

Honestly most characters can meter dump for big damage off of a confirm as far as I can tell but I would probably go with the team order Nutsack posted too anyway. The game is super new so I've just been running whoever I want the most practice with first anyway lol

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I agree and also want fighting grandmas. Where's my Gen or Oro but a lady. It's wild that KOF is kinda notable for having a few women over 30 but that's it.

Edit: Also wait they patched out Robert's loops? That seemed downright tame to me but whatever

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004

Jazerus posted:

i mean

it might be true but she deleted the evidence one way or the other

No she didn’t, there was no “evidence” to begin with. The source was some Japanese tweet https://pecopeco0721.com/archives/10702

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Pockyless posted:

That particular tweet may not be accurate but aren’t people going back to listen to her old radio episodes to uncover a lot of this stuff now?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/sary_2316/status/1494160922054901760

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
Yeah people are going to be digging up all sorts of stuff, but specifically the anti-LGBT thing and racist remarks against black people that went viral on twitter are not true.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pockyless posted:

No she didn’t, there was no “evidence” to begin with. The source was some Japanese tweet https://pecopeco0721.com/archives/10702

yes, and this tweet supposedly drew these quotes from one of her streams, and she deleted the VOD of that stream. unless someone can dig up a copy of the stream to verify either way, the quotes may or may not be an accurate reflection of what was said in the stream.

i understand not trusting a random tweet but we literally cannot judge the truth of the claims in that tweet at this time

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

ngl, I wish infiltration was banished to the shadow realm like this too

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MechaX posted:

ngl, I wish infiltration was banished to the shadow realm like this too

afaik she isn't banned from playing in events, she "just" lost her sponsor, which is what happened to infiltration right

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Glagha posted:

I agree and also want fighting grandmas. Where's my Gen or Oro but a lady. It's wild that KOF is kinda notable for having a few women over 30 but that's it.

How old is Dolores?
Very few young ladies named Dolores out there.

She and Isla are hits imo the characters really do look good in this game.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Yeah but Infiltration’s old sponsor drug out their investigation for awhile (and he was only banned from Capcom pro tour stuff) and they even tried to soften a lot of the findings even despite still releasing him (paving the way for poo poo like his “triumphant return” to evo)

Tanukana was just flat out dropped like a hot potato and even other Tekken players like YUYU aren’t touching this with a ten foot pole

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How long did it take to short hop on demand, feels like kof is unplayable if you can't do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
When you are learning try to do it like a reverse super jump where you try to hit down right after you do the jump input. If you character has a special air normal like Benimaru down + D, then this isn't the best technique in a match but it will help get the timing better. If you hold the jump input for 1-4 frames it will come out as a hop and 5+ frames as a normal jump. Try doing multiple hops in a row in training mode with inputs on to see what your hands are doing.

Pockyless fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 18, 2022