Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Just wanna make sure everyone starts their weekend off on a positive mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Every time I have to remind myself this isn’t a satire account.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Thank goodness:

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/1494711660409458691

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What is the point of the horse police in a situation where there are people honking air horns?

e: dipshit karen on the one stream screaming at a cop that she can't even leave the country in which she was born to go to her vacation property

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 18, 2022

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

drat, they got the swat behind the front line in full gear, including some sort of combat weapon.

They really are expecting weapons in here.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Powershift posted:

What is the point of the horse police in a situation where there are people honking air horns?

Intimidation and powerful stomping power

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Powershift posted:

e: dipshit karen on the one stream screaming at a cop that she can't even leave the country in which she was born to go to her vacation property

Oh god I heard her too. Priceless poo poo. That’s the perfect example of what these people perceive as oppression.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Some good FAFO happening now

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/OttawaPolice/status/1494716617586098182

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy poo poo.

Chapters still exists?

AsInHowe posted:

Intimidation and powerful stomping power

But they get spooked and receive fatal injuries if a bee buzzes too close to their head. What good are they around air horns.

One of the dipshits linking arms in front of the cops right now is UNBELIEVABLY dumb.

https://twitter.com/CarymaRules/status/1494309486546374657

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Powershift posted:

dipshit karen on the one stream screaming at a cop that she can't even leave the country in which she was born to go to her vacation property

She's always been allowed to leave Canada. I assume she's blaming the prime minister for *checks notes* not changing the laws of other countries.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1494718958942969861?s=20&t=EIovUtPYvL2eP-z2j0zbTQ

canada's finest

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Powershift posted:

But they get spooked and receive fatal injuries if a bee buzzes too close to their head. What good are they around air horns.

lol city center police horses are brokentrained specifically to be unflappable in the face of that kind of stimulus, they spend their whole lives working in urban traffic and doing parades and crowd control and whatnot

it’s actually really loving sad if you know anything about the welfare and psychology of horses, etc

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 18, 2022

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I wonder if he did the same poo poo when he was six and his parents told him he has to go to school.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/OttawaPolice/status/1494718932212662284

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Hold the line!!!!

****puts their children directly in danger****

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Lmao, brand new yellow Ford Bronco dude just got all his 4 windows smashed live on TV by swat

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yo those kids need to be made wards of the state what the gently caress is wrong with these assholes.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Watching the cops push the protestors and having the protestors slide on the snow is hilarious.

Flater
Oct 20, 2006

Ask me about sucking Batman's dick
I think the belief of many of these protests is insane along with their narrative but I think the control they are intuiting and assigning narratives to (including superiority) is real.

The buyout of our country and political system by money and the end result of that on democracy is a form of supremacy through wealth. The economic ideology that runs our country has made race into a currency because it views and forms policy on everything as being inside the economic market. It invites a value judgement on race and everything else about us. Whether they are forming the correct end narrative we should still be looking at WHY they are so worried (beyond just attributing it to them being on the wrong side of all belief). There are much bigger ideological and economic conflicts at play in this country, if anything I think these people will be useful to manufacture future permission to take harsher action against protests in general

Flater fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 18, 2022

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The chants of freedom, these idiots think they're Mel Gibson in Braveheart. The antisemitism even checks out.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Kid hiding face in vain attempt not to get ruthlessly bullied at school

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They're building a snow fort to keep the cops out. Just big brains all around.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol they're building a snow wall. Didn't they notice the large armoured RCMP truck? :v:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 7, 2023

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Generation Internet posted:

"and now I want to ask you the status of the bouncy castle"

this is all so surreal

And the hot tub!

But yeah, started laughing maniacally when I heard this

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Cocaine Bear posted:

"The engineering integrity of this will probably not be enough to stop the police advance."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

Not long now until the snow balls start flying.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Generation Internet posted:

"and now I want to ask you the status of the bouncy castle"

this is all so surreal

What else can you do but take the piss out of them? They’re getting arrested, now is the perfect time for making fun of them and their childish ideas and actions.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
When this is all on international news, it's not going to help our snowy stereotype. There was just a big storm last night, we swear.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?ref=watch_permalink&v=681146579910843

Pat King getting arrested

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

If one protestor decides to throw hands will it give the cops excuse to pull out the tear gas and rubber bullets

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw_F13IaAoE

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
About time, but what a dumb time to be alive that a loser like Pat King had to be known at a national level.

Kinda glad the US clingers never lionized him. Yet.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ZeeBoi posted:

If one protestor decides to throw hands will it give the cops excuse to pull out the tear gas and rubber bullets

Well, you see, again: the protestors are white.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Flater posted:

I think the belief of many of these protests is insane along with their narrative but I think the control they are intuiting and assigning narratives to (including superiority) is real.

The buyout of our country and political system by money and the end result of that on democracy is a form of supremacy through wealth. The economic ideology that runs our country has made race into a currency because it views and forms policy on everything as being inside the economic market. It invites a value judgement on race and everything else about us. Whether they are forming the correct end narrative we should still be looking at WHY they are so worried (beyond just attributing it to them being on the wrong side of all belief). There are much bigger ideological and economic conflicts at play in this country, if anything I think these people will be useful to manufacture future permission to take harsher action against protests in general

They're anxious because they've been brainwashed by right-wing media and conspiracy theories funded by capital, OP. HTH

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

ZeeBoi posted:

Some have been, seen one or two cops being helped back from the front line by other cops.

CommieGIR posted:

Well, you see, again: the protestors are white.
So far even this seems like they're keeping the kid gloves on compared to say, the G20. Not a bad thing if the cowards have their kids there.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cops grabbing dudes at a rate of 1 per hour. This whole mess should be cleaned up by xmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

They have already fought back against the police. When the police moved forward, a number of them tried pushing back. When police tried to remove some, others grabbed on to try to prevent that from happening.

Had this happened in any other protest, the clubs would have come out.

CBC reporting Rat King arrested.