Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Very much enjoying the news that the big jet TV guy has a sworn enemy.

https://twitter.com/BigJetTVLies/status/1494686032901685249?t=o52f6N9XjNNICq3b0kiWGg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
The absolute best bacon buttie is made with a proper stottie and it is criminal greggs doesn't sell them outside of the North East

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

I am at a loss for words reading this post, that sounds genuinely horrifying.

Why do you want your bacon butty to taste of cinnamon??

No, I swear it works - it's like having maple glazed bacon or whatever breakfast products with maple syrup over them. The saltiness of the bacon and the sweetness of the hot cross bun go really well together imo. I mean it's not as good as a morning roll and brown sauce with your bacon, but I still like it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maple and cinnamon goes on bacon in the same way that honey goes on meat/meat flavour pizza. Neither sound like they should at all but they do.

keep punching joe posted:

Very much enjoying the news that the big jet TV guy has a sworn enemy.
Interested to hear what kind of anti royal family racists they are.

Like you do get some real racist nazbol republicans, but there's far more racist royalists/unionists in the UK. Or are they racist against the white ham colored English (the last acceptable bigotry)? Or racist against unelected Prussian nonces?

ThomasPaine posted:

The absolute best bacon buttie is made with a proper stottie and it is criminal greggs doesn't sell them outside of the North East
I want one of these now.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/BigJetTVLies/status/1380574291373268992

Lol

Oh he did say some pretty terrible stuff about travellers. Milkshake ducked already

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 18, 2022

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Broke: Heathrow livestream

Woke:

https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1494661922574286854

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

https://twitter.com/BigJetTVLies/status/1380574291373268992

Lol

Oh he did say some pretty terrible stuff about travellers. Milkshake ducked already

lmao that video holy poo poo

like 50/50 on it being blatant trolling

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Or, the two worst insurance claim fraudsters on earth.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Or, the two worst insurance claim fraudsters on earth.

i’m a wind is actually going to the left truther

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Chelsea moved their training ground a bit further south I see.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

feedmegin posted:

You would be welcome. Like I say, I met up with some folks from here just before Covid hit with the aim of starting a D&D game, Twisto for one, and Camrath. You can check with them and make sure I'm not scary ;)

Can confirm, no one got murdered and only slight injuries and psychic damage were reported.

Feedmegin is nice, about the least scary person I can think of and resembles nothing so much as a background character in the Shire.

Camrath fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 18, 2022

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
If/when my implant gets fixed I'll come to another goonmeet. It's been playing up since I had a wisdom tooth out in early Jan and let me tell you, it's poo poo to experience a level of hearing you've never had before and then have it taken away again.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

In seriousness, if I didn’t live 150 miles away now and wasn’t selling fudge at a convention that weekend, I would totally be down to attend.

Midlands goonmeet when?

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

Camrath posted:

In seriousness, if I didn’t live 150 miles away now and wasn’t selling fudge at a convention that weekend, I would totally be down to attend.

Midlands goonmeet when?

Thursday night at Empire maybe :D

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

G1mby posted:

Thursday night at Empire maybe :D

Every time I think about going to Empire (friend of mine is trying to get a group going in the League) I go to the faction Facebook page, see people bickering about whether kit is ‘too 1600s’ or whatever and promptly reevaluate things ;p

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Camrath posted:

Every time I think about going to Empire (friend of mine is trying to get a group going in the League) I go to the faction Facebook page, see people bickering about whether kit is ‘too 1600s’ or whatever and promptly reevaluate things ;p

I assume this is a LARP thing.

As a 1600s-knower, tell me more.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I did go for a wander and managed to not die. Annoyingly the change in wind direction seems to have stopped the destruction of the dome:

Also impressed just how post-apocalyptic they've managed to make this brand new development look (even before the scaffolding started to come apart) on what is the only route into it:

(Building on the right is the star of one of this tweet, btw:

https://twitter.com/CouncilCulture/status/1490044912422825985)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

Soo.

Omicron does not look likely to kill us all.

East London Goon Meat in Stratford at the gaming pub my abortive D&D game had session 0 at? (Sessions 1+ derailed by global pandemic). Maybe I dunno *draws times out of hat* Saturday March 5th 6pm?

https://www.escapebars.uk/stratford

Here iirc. I am double jabbed plus boosted, probably doesn't need saying in here but I would hope nobody with objections to vaccination is likely to show up.

Won't be able to make it as West Ham are playing (away, so shouldn't cause any problems for you) and I'm fairly sure the place doesn't have Sky.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

We’ve won a tarpaulin and a big sheet of corrugated plastic!

Edit: I’ve put them in the garage but not sure if I’d be better releasing them back into the wild.

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

feedmegin posted:

I assume this is a LARP thing.

As a 1600s-knower, tell me more.

Yeah, it's a LARP I ref for : https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Main_Page

Camrath posted:

The Internet Facebook makes you stupid. There are some proper gatekeepers on those pages sometime

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

All human beings may choose one of the six lineages if they are touched by the Realms.
Or £12 million if they promise not to tell anyone.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

G1mby posted:

Yeah, it's a LARP I ref for : https://www.profounddecisions.co.uk/empire-wiki/Main_Page

The Internet Facebook makes you stupid. There are some proper gatekeepers on those pages sometime

Basically I have no confidence in my ability to produce fancy kit, and every single post I see on fb makes me feel more and more that it’s not the game for me.

Orion Sphere, CP and some Eyelarp games are my menu for this year.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sanford posted:

We’ve won a tarpaulin and a big sheet of corrugated plastic!

Edit: I’ve put them in the garage but not sure if I’d be better releasing them back into the wild.

Sell them back to the owners of the O2.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Hamza_a96/status/1494654587160178691

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Very not windy in Glasgow for a change.

It was windier on Wednesday. Had some snow in the morning and that's it really, at least here just outside Glasgow.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

feedmegin posted:

Soo.

Omicron does not look likely to kill us all.

East London Goon Meat in Stratford at the gaming pub my abortive D&D game had session 0 at? (Sessions 1+ derailed by global pandemic). Maybe I dunno *draws times out of hat* Saturday March 5th 6pm?

https://www.escapebars.uk/stratford

Here iirc. I am double jabbed plus boosted, probably doesn't need saying in here but I would hope nobody with objections to vaccination is likely to show up.

Absolutely up for in general, but I'm away that weekend. I'll do another one if it's successful and people want to repeat.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/Tom_Hinchcliffe/status/1494586965429268517?s=20&t=4CBosaQjY5vjn9hoW29i5Q

Any other Labour storm would have 20 feet of flooding by now.

(Source: reddit)

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

Camrath posted:

Basically I have no confidence in my ability to produce fancy kit, and every single post I see on fb makes me feel more and more that it’s not the game for me.

Orion Sphere, CP and some Eyelarp games are my menu for this year.

Perfectly fair :) I've heard some excellent things about Orion Sphere

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://twitter.com/Tom_Hinchcliffe/status/1494586965429268517?s=20&t=4CBosaQjY5vjn9hoW29i5Q

Didn't expect them to take "get in the sea" so literally. But I am pleased by the result.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

G1mby posted:

You should give it a go! Come be a space-fash! (The space-fash ‘baddies’ faction almost entirely consists of leftists and LGBT types, naturally)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

G1mby posted:

I'm at CP and Steamweave this year, playing the same basic character mechanically but absolute polar opposites in personality. Can't wait!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/hannahrosewoods/status/1494603358186971157

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I bet Thangam Debbonaire gets parachuted in.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My greenhouse blew away out of my garden, and then blew back again with different plants in it.

Very confusing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really find these "oh how are people working from home" takes bizzare.

Sure the landlords are going to throw a fit and the tories don't have jobs so they can't imagine it, but surely journos should be able to comprehend the notion of writing words in a place that is not an office?

My entire job involves hundreds of people working entirely separately from each other managed using technology, even if most of us are on site, there is not some magical property that precludes work from taking place in other manners using similar organizational techniques.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 18, 2022

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Two fence panels down. One I know belongs to next door (same panel blew down last year) and the other? That neighbour and I aren't sure yet (they did say they think its theirs but I suggested they go back indoors and we figure that one out when the windy patch is over). A few roof tiles blown off on buildings elsewhere on the estate. Wheelie bins that have been left outside have smacked into a few cars. A friend's little doggo nearly got blown away when going for a poo in the garden (she's fine). Finally and most tragically, another neighbour used to have two little Spitfire plane weathervane thingies bolted either side of his front door... they appear to be free now.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I really find these "oh how are people working from home" takes bizzare.

Sure the landlords are going to throw a fit and the tories don't have jobs so they can't imagine it, but surely journos should be able to comprehend the notion of writing words in a place that is not an office?

Some people just do not loving get that many people are not energised by banter with colleagues nor are the "productive micro meetings" missed in any way. It's mostly just our older producers who can't get their heads around proactively making chat groups for strike teams and have spent their entire careers wandering around the office looking over peoples' shoulders.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I think it's borne of the knowledge that actually most peoples work load rarely requires 8 hours of effort per day, so basically they know that it means people are free to spend their time more enjoyably than idly clicking around on a spreadsheet while browsing social media on their phones, and they HATE it.

edit : also, it's purely performative. Most of the tabloids are ranting about everybody working from home, at the instructions of their owners and editors, while the actual staff (especially senior) of those tabloids are all happily... You guessed it! Working from home.

The Perfect Element fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 18, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel fortunate sometimes that I haven't had a job where I had to have meetings. I get tasks to do and I just have to go do them, and I get left alone to do them, I can go weeks without speaking to a manager if I am lucky, just put the things you want me to do on a computer and I can look at the computer and understand what I have to do, it's like the mcdonalds touchscreen of work, there barely needs to be anybody involved and I don't have to talk to anybody.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Everything I Don't Like Is Woke: A Children's Picture Book
https://twitter.com/SimonBoyle87/status/1494598741478752258

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Going to spend all day refusing to use pronouns until I know someone's name, just to see what kind of hosed up mode of speech it produces.