Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Cefte posted:

wasn't 2022 meant to be the 'winnable' senate map for the dems

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/st...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Cloks posted:

if the democrats want to win in 2022, they just need to trump

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

amazing that they say this poo poo with a straight face

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

debate continues to rage over the hot button good/not so good issue

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness
yes I appreciate that the statement requires a certain degree of normalisation, but having checked, it's the Class III senate seats which is a bunch of rust belt Rs

edit: also it is absolutely loving flabbergasting how bad liberals are with the use of language

edit edit: liberal Nietzsche & the would to power

Cefte has issued a correction as of 16:17 on Feb 18, 2022

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
der jammern zur macht

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I for one look forward to having my Jus Solis citizenship retroactively revoked.

It'll be the American version of Not Tonight.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

isn't this just a tautology?

every civilization will look at the past and say, "that was an unjust period." they will always tend to see their current moment as being more just than moments past, thus you can assume that those in the future will took at our present as less just than theirs.

that doesnt mean anything, though. that's just how people prefer to see themselves.

I think its worse than that even. We live in a cold and uncaring universe whos default state is that the strong will survive. Lie, cheat, steal, murder, rape - all of these things can be and often are rewarded not just in human society but throughout all life. The universe gave us rabbits and it gave us wolves. They dont exist in 'harmony', the rabbit exists to be eaten alive and the wolf starves to death when it becomes too gluttonous. Its a poo poo deal for all involved.

'The arc of then universe bends toward justice' is something said when starvation is far enough away in the past and rabbits are still plentiful. Not only is it uncertain that the trend will continue, it most certainly will not. Through some fluke we have been given the brains to recognize injustice, but we are fighting against the very nature of the universe itself. All of the progress we have made is just a bubble in a sea of misery and every victory won requires more energy and will to maintain.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

love that they're just going over there sucking dicks instead of doing literally anything to help us

most importent election ever coming up btw

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

She's on loving vacation during the greatest economic crisis since the great depression.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
love paying tribute to Israel.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Cpt_Obvious posted:

She's on loving vacation during the greatest economic crisis since the great depression.

Back in ye olden days priests gutted animals and decided how good things were going based on livers and spleens and such. Now, we have the stock market, and we know if things are good if number is bigger or smaller since the stock market is the perfectly rational and accurate measure of the invisible hand of the market.

The stock market number is green, therefore life is not only good but getting better. The peasants just need to figure out enough to put on cable news to see learned corporate employed men and women of the economy to know how good they have it instead of needing to travel to a state sponsored church to hear it from some bloody handed fuzzy headed superstitious bag of wind.

Ziggy Starfucker
Jun 1, 2011

Pillbug

Cefte posted:

edit edit: liberal Nietzsche & the would to power

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"wow look at all these billions of dollars we gave this apartheid country. also you can't have the tax credit you'll use it on drugs"

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

nim chimpsky

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the democrats are insanely bad a politics, the Republicans can make up some poo poo about a concept mostly known to academics and get people calling in death threats to school boards across the country. The democrats can't even get people mad at the supreme court saying racism is cool, actually.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Crowsbeak posted:

:lol: Hope GOP get enough Senators to impeach Biden and Kamala and give us Trump back.

All the impotent lib protests

Me being like "vote bitch" and "institutions matter"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
biden has the same approval rating as trump did at this point in his term lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Vomik posted:

uh i dont know how much time we have left before we reach the point of no return here

well the good news is you don't have to worry about how much time we have left

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

zegermans posted:

love that they're just going over there sucking dicks instead of doing literally anything to help us

most importent election ever coming up btw

We're a client state. We have to send our little provincial leaders over to the metropole along with the money occasionally.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Agean90 posted:

the democrats are insanely bad a politics, the Republicans can make up some poo poo about a concept mostly known to academics and get people calling in death threats to school boards across the country. The democrats can't even get people mad at the supreme court saying racism is cool, actually.

they've got their psychos mad at susan sarandon and bernie sanders and even that's tepid at best

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Stereotype posted:

listen, fat, nobody could have seen this coming after the Biden administration failed to deliver on a majority of its legislative agenda with full control of congress

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Stereotype posted:

liar

biden's is worse

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
https://www.sfgate.com/national-politics/article/Democrats-polling-reveals-COVID-warning-16927032.php

quote:

The poll found that that 57% of voters in competitive congressional districts agree with the statement, "Democrats in Congress have taken things too far in their pandemic response," and 66% of self-defined "swing" voters in competitive districts agree with that statement. White and Hispanic voters in competitive districts were equally as likely to agree (59%), while Black voters (42%) and Asian voters (46%) disagreed with the statement. The poll also did not define what "taken things too far" means.

The DCCC found that critiques of COVID-19 restrictions were slightly less potent than other issues. In swing districts, 64% of voters agreed with the statement that "Democrats in Congress support defunding the police and taking more cops off of the street." The internal poll found that 80% of self-defined swing voters in competitive districts agreed with the same statement. Politico previously reported on the DCCC warning about the effectiveness of what they refer to as conservative "culture war attacks."

Sixty-two percent of voters in contested districts agreed with the statement, "Democrats in Congress have created a border crisis that allows illegal immigrants to enter the country without repercussions and grants them tax-payer funded benefits once here." Seventy-eight percent of swing voters in those districts agreed.

Sixty-one percent of swing district voters agreed with the statements, "Democrats in Congress are spending money out of control," and, "Democrats are teaching kids as young as five Critical Race Theory, which teaches that America is a racist country and that white people are racist." And 59% agreed with the statement, "Democrats are too focused on pursuing an agenda that divides us and judging those who don't see things their way."

The DCCC presentation also contained a slide showing that the top two concerns of voters in competitive districts are inflation and health care, with the COVID-19 pandemic coming in third. Medicare/social security and climate change rounded out the top five. At the bottom of the list were voting rights, taxes and racial justice/equality.

In 2022 destruction is coming for the democrats

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gonna rule when Biden slips below Trump's post-Jan 6th approval

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/crampell/status...ingawful.com%2F

:shrug:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

weird you stop giving poor people money and they're poor again

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
we cut child poverty* in half!**

*additional benefits taxable
**limited time only

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ok we offer to cut the child in half and the mother that doesn't file for the tax credit is the truly impoverished

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

extremely senile man reading Judgement of Solomon: "So we cut the impoverished child in half?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dang, those entirely fictional democrat policies would be worth voting for.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
good time to open Biden imo

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/1494438608052359169

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

:rubby:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm so ready to get blamed for the dems failing again

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

Sixty-two percent of voters in contested districts agreed with the statement, "Democrats in Congress have created a border crisis that allows illegal immigrants to enter the country without repercussions and grants them tax-payer funded benefits once here." Seventy-eight percent of swing voters in those districts agreed.

Gotta get Kamala to do some PR for the child internment camps

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

it's insanely cool how saying "you should wear a mask, but we won't make you wear one and if you don't want to that's cool too" is considered to be an abuse of power

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Srice posted:

it's insanely cool how saying "you should wear a mask, but we won't make you wear one and if you don't want to that's cool too" is considered to be an abuse of power

i mean the media has had just the worst coverage of covid so i’m not surprised but this specifically is really a result of just how good the right-wing marketing machine is

versus how hilariously inept anyone on the left has been

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Srice posted:

The poll doesn't define "gone too far" so the results are pretty much worthless. A lot of responders could just be expressing their disapproval for any reason.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
e: wrong thread

Mayor Dave has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Feb 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm so ready to get blamed for the dems failing again
just call them a bunch of loving libs and they'll think you're a swing voter / lincoln project type and kiss your rear end

you only get blamed for their losses / ignored when they win, if you consistently vote for them