Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Koos Group posted:

Anyway yes, please PM me with further questions. Didn't mean to get things off track so badly.

please say hello to d&d for me and ask when they're going to give me grandchildren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/2/18/g7-says-ready-for-serious-dialogue-with-russia-on-ukraine-live

quote:

Any EU sanctions on Russia should not hit energy: Italian PM

Any eventual sanctions imposed on Russia by the European Union should not include energy imports, Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi has said.

Draghi told reporters that the EU was studying various sanctions options if Russia pushes ahead with a feared invasion of Ukraine.

Although Draghi said it was important to avoid sanctions on the energy sector, he added that the government was looking into other possible gas supplies should imports from Russia be hit due to any conflict.

Italy is a no on sanctioning Russian energy exports.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Conspiratiorist posted:

Oh I get I should've just reported cgr thank you

lol that’s the dumbest loving rule imaginable

working their asses off, folks

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Flavahbeast posted:

Well, I hope so too

With air nations like Russia you always have to be vigilant once they've researched cloud trapeze. Ukraine should be trying to patrol out thug infiltrators.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cpt_Obvious posted:

A poster literally asked for evidence that anyone was making a claim about the existence of social credit. RnB responded with evidence that the very same poster was making that exact claim, and was then probed for it.

wolfs posted:

also jesus do you have to come and poo poo up this place koos

isnt this what qcs is for

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

the west's coordinated sanctions regime breaking down over this is best possible outcome

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Best Friends posted:

the EE thread has all time bad moderation. China thread has mostly reverted to normal bad. us ce thread has complete agro psychos running the place as usual and if you disagree with them even mildly the mods give you a mod challenge.

the big story here is that there is something structural with dnd that turns even ordinary outsiders into terrible dnd mods that reinforce the badness in a matter of weeks

bringing in new mods (ie. koos) temporarily disrupts this negative feedback cycle, but again you’re throwing one good apple into a barrel of rotting apples. it all turns back to poo poo very quickly.

you can’t fix a rotting foundation piecemeal. retire the entire current mod team at the same time, give them a gold star and a pat on the head, and start fresh. change the forum name too, just to make clear it’s a fresh start for everyone. call it a hugbox or call it a forum for open debate, and stick with it. it can’t be both.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Koos Group posted:

posted reasonably well.

his food crime posts in d&dchat say otherwise

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

god bless the EU's complete lack of unity and vision

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

some cultures just love to pass gas what can I say

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

god bless the EU's complete lack of unity and vision

Turns out, material interests outweigh empty bitching

Who'd of thought?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Turns out, material interests outweigh empty bitching

Who'd of thought?

oh I agree it's just the EU consistently gives the impression none of the states bother to talk to each other and they're all pulling a million different ways. Kinda makes the whole thing seem unstable which is bad when there's a hundred different cryptofash organisations that very much want the whole thing to collapse.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

oh I agree it's just the EU consistently gives the impression none of the states bother to talk to each other and they're all pulling a million different ways. Kinda makes the whole thing seem unstable which is bad when there's a hundred different cryptofash organisations that very much want the whole thing to collapse.

Has the EU come out strongly against Russian "aggression"? I thought Germany doesn't give a gently caress.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Germany has come out and said that they support freezing to death if russia invades Ukraine but at the same time are probably behind the scenes with the french taking up their side in disputes regarding Minsk agreements.

But who knows what happens when all the chips are down what will actually happen.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the eu knows that papa putin has his hand on the gas tap and so they'll make some noise but ultimately won't do poo poo

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
zelensky should try starting infrastructure week, every week

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

Cerebral Bore posted:

the eu knows that papa putin has his hand on the gas tap and so they'll make some noise but ultimately won't do poo poo

energy prices in NL rose by nearly 100% this year alone do you think western Euros give a bigger poo poo about what happens in Ukraine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Reuters just misreported a quote in a big way lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lol https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1494760619349839880

Rolling back on SWIFT sanctions already.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo they actually are still at it, we’ll be at invasion in next few days territory forever

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1494727284321931274?s=20&t=6OvKp82xbTWg98-bps7MoQ

[tom friedman voice] the next few days will be crucial

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr Hootington posted:

Reuters just misreported a quote in a big way lol

what'd they do

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Speaking of Germany

https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/nato-s-eastward-expansion-is-vladimir-putin-right-a-bf318d2c-7aeb-4b59-8d5f-1d8c94e1964d

https://www.spiegel.de/ausland/nato-osterweiterung-aktenfund-stuetzt-russische-version-a-1613d467-bd72-4f02-8e16-2cd6d3285295

RT already reported on the later article because it looks like an obvious win for Russia.

Edit:

This author is cited as one of the sources? So kind of old news I guess https://direct.mit.edu/isec/article/40/4/7/12126/Deal-or-No-Deal-The-End-of-the-Cold-War-and-the-U

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 21:21 on Feb 18, 2022

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

biden giving an emergency press conference: due to the ukraine-russia crisis it turns out that despite our best models, this is, in fact, the most important election ever

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

BREAKING!!!: russia planning to invade on november 9

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo they actually are still at it, we’ll be at invasion in next few days territory forever

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1494727284321931274?s=20&t=6OvKp82xbTWg98-bps7MoQ

one week from now: we were right! there was an attempted cyber attack!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

expert analysist predict russian invasion may involve jets, tanks, the wheel, simple levers, combustion engines

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

oh weird didn't we just send what's her name to germany

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

thanks to marianne for keeping putin's invasion forces out of the astral plane

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Here's the take on today's events by a guy who was a RWN guest. So you know he's not a blob journalist. Seems plausible, though hard to imagine there's anything that would get Zelensky to implement Minsk.

https://twitter.com/leonidragozin/status/1494682164000083969

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Flavahbeast posted:

They can't delay things forever, it's very costly to commit that many troops and materiel, and if Putin already committed to war he's not going to embarrass himself internally by cancelling the whole thing just because he got called out on it

his best bet is to do what invaders have always done in modern times, paper the invasion over with propaganda and hope credulous people eat it

Why is it the dumbest posters think they're sneaking anything by through acting coy & ironic, then the minute they think things are going their way it's all mask off?

Profound lack of trigger discipline, IMO. I'd never trust you on the battlefield.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
an attack is imminent (geologic timescale)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Best Friends posted:

talking points for westerners: Putin is the new hitler, send help

talking points for the militias getting the help: Putin is not actually like hitler at all, he’s bad

i was thinkin of this post again lol

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
i'm russian and I have invaded this thread

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Thank you for your service o7

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BULBASAUR posted:

вы гей

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

its any day now

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

йег Я

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
Russia has moved 1/2 of the way to the Ukrainian order!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Cyka blyat bad void report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Finally found the source for the "Donbas genocide" comments.

It's way more spicey than I expected https://www.ntv.ru/novosti/2679519/

You know most English speakers are getting it 2nd hand, because she is just going off on everything there.