Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

It's even worse/better. Pasechnikov's video was in D:\Бросок мангуста\ЛИ\Untitled.prproj

The folder is called 'strike of a mongoose'.

Holy poo poo I was right

CommieGIR posted:

Adobe 2014. How much you want to bet pirated?

Don't humanize them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
Complete amateur hour, but when the charade is for your own sake, I guess it doesn't matter.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
So is there already some convoluted explanation of why it's all nazi propaganda or will they just pretend nothing's going on? The best I can come up with is they decided to record it in advance just like Bloomberg with their article on Russian invasion.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Trump posted:

Complete amateur hour, but when the charade is for your own sake, I guess it doesn't matter.

masterclass in Username-post combo here

I guess maybe they will wait for the Olympics to be over. At the very least I hope they'll give the Donbass residents a few days to get out of the way of the warzone Putin's about to kick off.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Interestingly, doesn't look like it. Here are exif dumps for the two files

The original files had different formats and have different metadata available.

Probably just scheduled recording then, in the form of VK PM with “bro read this on camera”.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

So is there already some convoluted explanation of why it's all nazi propaganda or will they just pretend nothing's going on? The best I can come up with is they decided to record it in advance just like Bloomberg with their article on Russian invasion.

No need for convoluted, the far right runs Ukraine so everything they put out is nazi propaganda. Putting out some nonsense about false flags allows the US and friends to drag this poo poo out for another week. Looking forward to hearing why Russia hasn't invaded this time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

White House press briefing has started. Cyberattacks topic atm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HycneIX8Zos

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Regarde Aduck posted:

No need for convoluted, the far right runs Ukraine so everything they put out is nazi propaganda. Putting out some nonsense about false flags allows the US and friends to drag this poo poo out for another week. Looking forward to hearing why Russia hasn't invaded this time.

So, uhm, are you doing a bit right now? If not, you do realise that you can literally download the files from the telegram channels that are listed on official websites of Pushilin and Pasechnikov, and easily verify the discrepancy with file creation date?

By the way, I'm still not convinced Russia is going to invade.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Shes Not Impressed posted:

White House press briefing has started. Cyberattacks topic atm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HycneIX8Zos

This sign interpreter is great

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Ah, how lovely:
https://twitter.com/qwest__/status/1494740586867396609

(To those that don't speak Russian: Rostov residents not so happy with notion of refugees. Of course, it probably won't be any better for Ukrainian refugees in Europe).

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

CommieGIR posted:

I suspect that is an accurate thing to blame. Part of why Russia was pushing Nordstream 2 so hard to completion.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/asia/any-eu-sanctions-russia-should-not-hit-energy-draghi-2022-02-18/

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Even if they want to divest from Russian gas and oil Europe would still be pretty hosed if the supplies stopped right away.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

What is it that makes you so sure that nothing is going to happen?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Even if they want to divest from Russian gas and oil Europe would still be pretty hosed if the supplies stopped right away.

"...and therefore they have no choice but to let Ukraine burn to the ground" is the implication of that, and Russia knows it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

KillHour posted:

"...and therefore they have no choice but to let Ukraine burn to the ground" is the implication of that, and Russia knows it.

And where is Russia's economy if they suddenly overnight weren't selling oil and gas to Europe because they didn't roll over on Ukraine? I'm guessing not in a good place.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

KillHour posted:

That card may get overplayed here. If there's one thing Europeans hate more than higher gas prices, it's refugees.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Morrow posted:

That card may get overplayed here. If there's one thing Europeans hate more than higher gas prices, it's refugees.

That's a win-win for Russia if the EU won't sanction their gas exports and are also pressured to quickly broker a ceasefire that throws Zelensky under the bus rather than risk the ensuing refugee crisis from a protracted conflict.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1494769472254754820

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Filming my own war crimes to own the libs.

https://twitter.com/liveuamap/status/1494758792575078407

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

And where is Russia's economy if they suddenly overnight weren't selling oil and gas to Europe because they didn't roll over on Ukraine? I'm guessing not in a good place.

I'm not saying I agree with it but, that's the dogwhistle at play for sure around why nobody can possibly do anything to stop Russia from kicking the puppy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paladinus posted:

It's even worse/better. Pasechnikov's video was in D:\Бросок мангуста\ЛИ\Untitled.prproj

The folder is called 'strike of a mongoose'.

By the way, is that a Cuba reference or am I missing some fresh meme.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

This is pretty meaningless when Szholz have already confirmed his commitment to follow US sanctions.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Trump posted:

This is pretty meaningless when Szholz have already confirmed his commitment to follow US sanctions.

Sanctioning NS2 doesn't mean that Europe is going to stop buying the natural gas coming through other pipelines.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Very convenient for Zelensky to leave the country tomorrow for some conference.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

BoldFace posted:

Very convenient for Zelensky to leave the country tomorrow for some conference.

It's an annual security conference.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/kylieatwood/status/1494779871263928323

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

TipTow posted:

It's an annual security conference.

It is, but it is also unfortunate timing. I think if things go down it will still be a few days to give the refugees a chance, but striking tomorrow while Ukraine's president is out of country and busy in a meeting would both put Zelensky in an extra difficult situation for responding, and make it seem to some that he had in fact fled, regardless of the validity of his trip.

seems Biden has the same thoughts on the matter.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/alexmazuka/status/1494719630816030727

This account has a bunch of tweets that are rather contradictory to the evacuation narrative that’s being spun elsewhere (about 20km traffic jam on Russian border), but I’m not familiar with their work in general.

https://twitter.com/alexmazuka/status/1494759065620295683

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

GaussianCopula posted:

Sanctioning NS2 doesn't mean that Europe is going to stop buying the natural gas coming through other pipelines.

It still appears like a desperate and a bit tonedeaf message, after France, Germany, the UK (Not EU, but still) and the nordic countries have all said nothing is off the table.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

cinci zoo sniper posted:

https://twitter.com/alexmazuka/status/1494719630816030727

This account has a bunch of tweets that are rather contradictory to the evacuation narrative that’s being spun elsewhere (about 20km traffic jam on Russian border), but I’m not familiar with their work in general.

https://twitter.com/alexmazuka/status/1494759065620295683

In a region of 2 million people, I guess both narratives here could be technically true.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Big explosion in Luhansk just as Biden is about to speak.

https://twitter.com/MarQs__/status/1494783686235115522

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Trump posted:

It still appears like a desperate and a bit tonedeaf message, after France, Germany, the UK (Not EU, but still) and the nordic countries have all said nothing is off the table.

For Germany that's code for "we will touch NS2" - a pipeline that will in any case not be allowed to operate for another 4-8 month. Cutting off all natural gas coming from Russia is simply not a viable option for many European countries at this point.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Pipeline that just exploded is reportedly the southern Druzhba line, so that doesn't bode well for Central Europe gas oil:doh: supply:

edit: I can't make this geography work. That line doesn't seem to go near Luhansk.

second edit: here's a pipeline map showing a more likely candidate that's not Druzhba

Sir Bobert Fishbone fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 18, 2022

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
A major gas pipeline explosion that derails energy supply to central and western Europe would be a great false flag for invading, imo.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

A major gas pipeline explosion that derails energy supply to central and western Europe would be a great false flag for invading, imo.

Maximum Putin Chaos option: 17 different types of false flags, people spend the next 30 years trying to figure out if any of them were real

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Orthanc6 posted:

It is, but it is also unfortunate timing. I think if things go down it will still be a few days to give the refugees a chance, but striking tomorrow while Ukraine's president is out of country and busy in a meeting would both put Zelensky in an extra difficult situation for responding, and make it seem to some that he had in fact fled, regardless of the validity of his trip.

seems Biden has the same thoughts on the matter.

It's a little awkward that they are pushing it at the same time as intelligence (?) claims that Russia is going to assassinate a bunch of Ukrainians.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

In a region of 2 million people, I guess both narratives here could be technically true.

Also true, the actual video footage we’ve seen amounts to a few thousand people maybe.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1494788414205579265

Ukraine sure has bad timing in waiting to strike the separatists until the exact moment that Russia has a solid majority of their military right outside their borders.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Pipeline that just exploded is reportedly the southern Druzhba line, so that doesn't bode well for Central Europe gas supply:

edit: I can't make this geography work. That line doesn't seem to go near Luhansk.

second edit: here's a pipeline map showing a more likely candidate that's not Druzhba

Druzhba is not a gas pipeline. It’s an oil pipeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I have difficulty believing that Putin’s false flag would be something that actually costs Russia money but I guess that’s what would make it a good false flag