Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

but surely journos should be able to comprehend the notion of writing words in a place that is not an office?
They worry that what they're doing isn't 'real work'. Never enough to stop making GBS threads their thoughts onto pages, but sufficient enough that they can't conceive of everyone doing that.

I remember a bunch of boomer memes from old bus drivers and transport union lads at the start of lockdown along the theme of doing a bus driving job at home, that were all a bit :rolleyes: about what a real job is, but at least they were doing that while doing or having had done that kind of work, not turning their rage at Pret being closed on the entire world while... actually sat working from home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

We lost a couple of roof tiles in the storm.

My landlord is one of the better one (if that's possible), had already been over to get measurements and see what's needed. Has arranged repairs for Monday.

I request that he be moved to the latter half of the guillotine queue.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Tsietisin posted:

We lost a couple of roof tiles in the storm.

My landlord is one of the better one (if that's possible), had already been over to get measurements and see what's needed. Has arranged repairs for Monday.

I request that he be moved to the latter half of the guillotine queue.

I'm loving glad our old rotting fence didn't disintegrate (probably because the wind could blow through the holes) because we've complained about it to the landlord in the past and he'd 100% have accused us of destroying it ourselves to try and get a new one.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

so-called "workers" are shifty and lazy (if they were not, they'd be managers or landlords)
they only do work if managers are there to scream at them and force them to work
managers aren't allowed into people's homes (thanks to the woke brigade!)
ipso facto, people "working from home" are doing nothing of the sort. probably posting 'memes' to their tick tock pages all day :ssj:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Apraxin posted:

Everything I Don't Like Is Woke: A Children's Picture Book
https://twitter.com/SimonBoyle87/status/1494598741478752258

we've done it, we've found The Youngest Boomer

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Jedit posted:

Eunice is certainly getting a lot more air time (so to speak) than Dudley. Guess which one is hitting Scotland.

Envy is one of the seven Dudley sins.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I spent today looking at 17th and 18th century pannier dresses and it counted as work.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
people love to make out they work harder than thou don't they

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I was without electricity from 9:30am until 5:30pm. It was cold, boring, and devoid of coffee.

Trip report: 1/10. Would not recommend.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
ururghr urrgh rugh!! your job cushy job not like my job hard job work job uruhghgh1!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Fond memories of being by myself at my parent's house while they were on holiday during the Newcastle supercell storm in (??? 2012 I think?), pretty sure we didn't have power for like two days, it was ridiculous. Weirdly vivid memory of seeing cars floating in the water that had accumulated into gently caress off lakes under the bridges on the coast road, then getting home, seeing the whole garage was under about three inches of water, and having to barricade the patio window with every towel in the house in a desperate effort to stop the place being flooded. One of my old high school friends who lived on lower ground had the whole new house he'd just moved into completely flooded and ruined, the water was up to his waist downstairs. Crazy stuff, still never seen anything like it since

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 18, 2022

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

loving lol

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/captain-tom-foundation-charity-daughter-b2018320.html

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Lost the fence at the back of the garden today. I
Our neighbour (Lovely old dude, super friendly, dread finding out what his politics are..) popped over to fix it.

It was really quiet (just wet and nasty) almost all day but when the wind did come it was with a vengeance. Sounded like a jet engine. We’re on the crest of some high ground, so it was pretty intense. The cats went absolutely bananas, poor things.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Absolutely loving would.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1494609996780392448

Been meaning to visit the Tynemouth market again for years.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Absolutely loving would.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1494609996780392448

Been meaning to visit the Tynemouth market again for years.

man the uk is decades behind america when it comes to delicious trash food

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Hey if you put your coat over your head like a sail you could probably reach motorway speeds.

I free wheeled the three miles home on my bike decades ago, sat up straight and let the wind do it's thing, it was lovely.

But such things are situational as i had to cycle into the wind for three miles in the first place. :argh:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Engineers make their own situations

(nobody said they were always good though)

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Answers Me posted:

'Thus we see, UK economic productivity took a dip during the Great Storms of the 2020s not because of damage to infrastructure, but because the entire country discovered that watching a livestream of planes landing loving owns.'

Yup this was me. I was in the office today but I spent the whole day watching jets on youtube.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

bump_fn posted:

man the uk is decades behind america when it comes to delicious trash food

This. I mean we don't even have tater tots.

Loaded tatertot nachos are the loving best.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Mebh posted:

This. I mean we don't even have tater tots.

Loaded tatertot nachos are the loving best.

theyre just called something else?

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.
I have three panels basically in bits and several others looking like they want to join in. I've shut the curtains- they can wait until morning.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

These are an abomination. Do not eat.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
https://twitter.com/DrJoGrady/status/1494761239213445120?t=8WKP8gcaF44CGWWmpg4HbA&s=19

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

ThomasPaine posted:

The absolute best bacon buttie is made with a proper stottie and it is criminal greggs doesn't sell them outside of the North East

Truth.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

They're completely different. Tater tots are more like mini hash browns. Croquettes are mashed potato and are way bigger.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I see. Well google said they were the same but I guess from what you say actually tater tots are just hash browns

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

If anyone would like to be the proud owner of the first and only British tater tot I am willing to auction it off in jpg form as an NFT

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

tater totater tot tat

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Do burger king still do those mini hash browns for breakfast? Those might work..

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mebh posted:

Do burger king still do those mini hash browns for breakfast? Those might work..

i tried to check but their website seems to crash if you try and look at the breakfast menu lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

amazing

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Engineers make their own situations

(nobody said they were always good though)

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Aren't they called potato gems?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can get devices to perform that sort of thing within the privacy of your own home these days, should you wish.

Also far safer than running an old Flymo engine that close to your gluteal arteries and other arse related parts.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I live about 35 miles from the sea and mine and my neighbours windows are covered in salt.

There is also a huge tree that is just resting on the power lines down the road from me. That must have been the flickering. I hope it holds.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Aipsh posted:

https://www.allinlondon.co.uk/clubs-bars/bars/10512-secret-weapon

secret weapon! That's what it was. I think it changed before the pandemic which was before the last time I was there. I hope it's less uh...unclean now

It was one of the Loading Bar group, I think. Should be up for this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
there was a group that would run retro nights in various bars pre pandemic, they’d have everything from nes to rockband to xbox. usually ran out of a brew dog but, pobodys nerfect

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Won't link it but the Sun is reporting that Geronimo now has grandchildren and they're out for revenge on Keith, Jaws 4-style.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

josh04 posted:

Won't link it but the Sun is reporting that Geronimo now has grandchildren and they're out for revenge on Keith, Jaws 4-style.

I didn't understand any of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

The alpaca?