Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Apr 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"How dare Trudeau not offer up his own head on a silver platter to the insurrectionists and how dare the NDP not side with the Nazis"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Curious what their plan was to end provincial mandates that these idiots are protesting.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I'm surprised how many (white) people have approached me in shock and surprise at what the police are doing to "innocent protestors" including the use of directed energy weapons.

And I just kept telling them that this is nothing new and the only difference is the emergencies act was being called up because the cops sided with the protestors initially (this time). The shoe has fallen off the other foot and I wonder if this kind of thing might be what causes police reform to happen now that privileged white people are facing what everyone else has had to deal with for decades.

I've seen too many scenarios where people who really needed police help never got it and their case was basically buried because the cops didn't give a gently caress. But when someone innocent or weak is just trying to advocate for their cause you get hosed.

It's obvious that white people in this country don't care about anyone who isn't white or rich and would happily trample on their rights without a care in the world until the pendulum swings the opposite way and they suddenly remember all the civil liberties we supposedly have.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
70 arrests so far, cops just said.

https://twitter.com/OttawaPolice/status/1494777102608052228

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 18, 2022

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have a bit of a canadian accent, but some of these news dudes have some hilarious think accents.

out = Aoot
guard = geard

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Cops are saying they're going to run this operation 24/7 until the protest is cleared

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

lol @ OPS suddenly providing hourly updates on enforcement. Took 21 days to figure this poo poo out, huh?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

infernal machines posted:

lol @ OPS suddenly providing hourly updates on enforcement. Took 21 days to figure this poo poo out, huh?

I note the distinct absence of information on what Ottawa police are actually doing themselves besides tweeting about things the other services are doing.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I mean not to give these chucklefucks any credit but how much of this is even OPS anymore and how much of it is out of town forces who do not give a rats rear end what they think?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
This just in, the bouncy castle has been deflated!

I repeat, the bouncy castle is deflated!

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lol at the former London police chief "No one who lives in Alberta or BC is impacted by the Emergencies Act so I don't understand why they're upset. Unless, of course, they had their bank accounts closed because they were contributing to this illegal occupation."

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I mean not to give these chucklefucks any credit but how much of this is even OPS anymore and how much of it is out of town forces who do not give a rats rear end what they think?
So far on the CBC stream they've been reporting officers from the RCMP, OPP, Surete du Quebec, Toronto, Durham Region, York Region, Sudbury, and even Vancouver. I'd imagine the OPS presence is very diluted right now.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
I havent seen 1 ottawa police officer involved.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
I think the Soviet flag guy just got arrested.

Someone seems to be trying to brandish a bouquet of flowers at the cops?

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

RBC posted:

I havent seen 1 ottawa police officer involved.

Aren't they manning the checkpoints?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Sashimi posted:

So far on the CBC stream they've been reporting officers from the RCMP, OPP, Surete du Quebec, Toronto, Durham Region, York Region, Sudbury, and even Vancouver. I'd imagine the OPS presence is very diluted right now.

SdQ and TPS don't gently caress around.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/crimegarden/status/1494783560166920200

Someone found oot.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Sashimi posted:

everyone get to Timmins

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A true fighter for the cause.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MA-Horus posted:

SdQ and TPS don't gently caress around.

Rule of protests in quebec

Protest to your hearts content for as long as you want

****one off duty Surete du Quebec agent walks in****

"Welp time to go home!"

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

These people really are just a bunch of loving babies

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

CanPol 2022: hosed aboot, found oot.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/BJdichter/status/1494780866681319427

"Dear rubes, please continue to put yourself in harm's way while I go pad my wallet on the right-wing media circuit"

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
Protesters seem to be putting up more of a fight now, Police are having to physically push them back. Sounds like they’re getting close to the war memorial now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

"Dear rubes, please continue to put yourself in harm's way while I go pad my wallet on the right-wing media circuit"

He probably flashed his vax pass at the airport and hosed off to miami

Protesters seem to be putting up more of a fight now, Police are having to physically push them back. Sounds like they’re getting close to the war memorial now.

They seem to have cleared them of the area with most of the trucks, and now it's just cops and people face to face.

Having watched other protests it's unbelievable what these people are getting away with. They've pulled a cop out into the crowd and the other cops are just :shrug:

e: mouthy dude's stream froze at this.

lol rip

good aggregate of streams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIBXtdYLio

Arial view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVVPIxL8Vg0

Powershift fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 18, 2022

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

The arrest count will start rolling if they start pushing too much. Cops are progressing meters per meters like a tide.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

HappyHippo posted:

https://twitter.com/BJdichter/status/1494780866681319427

Gotta get in on that grift

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That squares well with the 23/75 french/english split in the country.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

stab posted:

Rule of protests in quebec

Protest to your hearts content for as long as you want

****one off duty Surete du Quebec agent walks in****

"Welp time to go home!"

I gotta say, though. They look hilariously goofy in their dark green jump suit and big rear end helmet. In contrast with the rest of the push, that is.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I wonder how much of it is the regular idiots have gone home/got the message and all that is left now is the die hard true believers?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Welp looks like a few people got horsed

Mess with the horse you get the hooves

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Madkal posted:

I wonder how much of it is the regular idiots have gone home/got the message and all that is left now is the die hard true believers?

It wouldn’t surprise me, they just mentioned on the livestream someone was trying to take the cops weapons which is probably what triggered that horse push earlier.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/OttawaPolice/status/1494797253554450433

That seems fine.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

efb

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 18, 2022

Development
Jun 2, 2016

https://twitter.com/Justin_Ling/status/1494796773063380997

say it louder justin for the MPs in the back

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
Pepper spray now being used.
https://twitter.com/AnnieClaireBO/status/1494801392782950405

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

*sigh*, looks like there will need to be more direct action needed in Van proper tomorrow. I wanted a lazy sleep in morning.

Told these motherfuckers to stay on their side of the river. Go gently caress your sister and poo poo in your own backyard over there. Getting pretty tired of this. Time to recheck the kit and get everything set I guess.

9:30 AM PNE NE sign, Hastings and Renfrew for anyone who likes organized stuff. Anyone more decentralized, see you around the side streets. Always keep moving. Don't assume anyone wearing their colours is the bad guys. Could be :ninja: in disguise. I've got a couple fresh ideas I want to try.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 18, 2022

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Yeah not a big fan of that aggregate -- not sure whether that Portland Andy guy is a libertarian nutjob or not, but his stream sure seems to attract them.

This aggregate is from someone who I believe actually lives in Ottawa, and is soundly against the protests. The chat's a lot quieter but also better, and they're picking audio carefully so as not to overemphasise the asshats. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFjwyILNHdY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

It's actually a bit fascinating looking at the differences between OPP and SQ for riot control, since they are side by side. I'm more used to the drones with face shields/batons hitting indiscriminately, OPP seems to opt for more casually dressed, unarmed officers with a bunch of heavily armed police in the back.