Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

guys poo poo is seriously heating up and the cops just did a mini horse-charge ffs
https://twitch.tv/themayor_mccheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I mostly feel sorry for the dumb protesters who have been fully taken in by the grift, and am mad at the police and city who didn’t adequately deal with this from the onset. There are Jan 6 type people here but this is also full of just really stupid people who aren’t ready to cross that line, but are ready to stand around and act like that’s defending freedom.

I don’t like how much cheering of cops I’m seeing (e; not really here but in other ostensibly left spaces)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's the same in the USA, too, and in most legal systems built out of the British common law.

My partner confirmed. When she clerked she just missed out on the Spainish fishers case

Meanwhile the mounted force has been deployed to gain ground and the SQ has the batons out and are on the front line. Westerners really have no idea what they are in for do they

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Having gotten my rear end kicked by a cop for doing a lot less than this I'm actually a little mad that the fash are getting kid gloves.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
I will never forget the horses charging through us in Queens park. I can sympathize with their anger right now.

But i haven't seen a single pepper spray!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

the fash are getting kid gloves.

absolute truth

and they are so entitled they think this is them getting crushed into paste

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

given the crowd reaction a bit ago I was wondering whether they set off a flash bang

They are into teh hardcore element now hopefully all the kids are gone

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Debate of the EA's precedent on future poo poo can come another day. Posting highlights of the SQ cracking chud skulls is what we're all looking for this weekend, tia

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Bilirubin posted:

given the crowd reaction a bit ago I was wondering whether they set off a flash bang

They are into teh hardcore element now hopefully all the kids are gone

protesters are claiming horse almost fell on and trampled an old lady with a walker

jfc these idiots should have sent her home a long time ago

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

infernal machines posted:

same thing that happens when they do it here. you get to walk in poo poo.

Sometimes it makes for good photos of CHUDs stepping in their own opinions.

I was right there when buddy snapped this photo. The extra funny part was that the guy walked away, came back a few minutes later and stepped right in the poo poo again.

Are there any videos of the mounted police charge yet?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cold on a Cob posted:

protesters are claiming horse almost fell on and trampled an old lady with a walker

Why. The gently caress. Is she on the front line?

These people think they're in a movie. Holy poo poo!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Why. The gently caress. Is she on the front line?

These people think they're in a movie. Holy poo poo!

anyone know if there are still kids there? :(

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

the people crying police state about this were nowhere to be found (or were actively cheering it on) every time a leftist protest got beat down for far less

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
chuds are spreading a list that's supposed to be the towing companies taking part. not posting it for obvious reasons but thought i'd share.

(just in case you were feeling at all bad about the "witch hunt" of spreading the names of people that donated to this shitshow)

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

thunderspanks posted:

guys poo poo is seriously heating up and the cops just did a mini horse-charge ffs

It's pretty telling that a twitch stream with a giant BRING BACK THE MCRIB counter in the corner is way less annoying than the CBC stream

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

*checks notes on how to be heroic*

I guess standing behind seniors and children are all a-okay hero business.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:10 on Oct 29, 2022

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Futanari Damacy posted:

The McCheese stream is probably the best thing to look at at this moment

+1

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Futanari Damacy posted:

The McCheese stream is probably the best thing to look at at this moment

Other options:

7 streams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIBXtdYLio

5 streams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYNGrp_R38

watch in a private window and turn autoplay off. if the stream stops for any reason it kicks you straight into the crazy poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

thunderspanks posted:

Tuned in just in time for the guy trying to organize a zerg rush to bust through the cops and protect the trucks with their bodies.

I’d like to see how that works out for them. I’m guessing not well.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

None of the cops in that stream, in the line and backing them stretching from the Chateau to the Senate are OPS. I see PPS, Metro Toronto, RCMP, and SQ.

Is this ever going to be discussed in the press or nah?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
so they started out eating horse paste and now horses are gonna turn them into paste, i got that right?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Remember the February Rose

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Frosted Flake posted:

None of the cops in that stream, in the line and backing them stretching from the Chateau to the Senate are OPS. I see PPS, Metro Toronto, RCMP, and SQ.

Is this ever going to be discussed in the press or nah?

That's why I was curious. CBC just keeps saying "the police" in their articles, and gently caress if I can tell what flavour of cop is holding a baton

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Cold on a Cob posted:

so they started out eating horse paste and now horses are gonna turn them into paste, i got that right?

maybe piss on them too

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Duck Rodgers posted:

I think it is important for leftists to be aware of the underlying social relations of these institutions and concepts, and that they don't need to be defended, saved or upheld in their own right. Most importantly is to understand that these principles and institutions won't protect leftists in and of themselves. These are tools of power, not power in themselves

Your post, especially this part helped clarify some things for me. Really appreciate it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Koirhor posted:

does canada have admiralty courts?

fun fact, an Albertan judge 8 years ago got tired of soverign citizen poo poo and wrote a gigantic primer about all the tactics they use in a decision over an alimony case. It's a pretty good read!

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

thunderspanks posted:

Man what is it about right wingers immediately projecting cuck and homosexual fantasies on their opponents? They are riffing on the loving SdQ guys starring them down adding a ‘voice commentary’ pretending it’s the cops saying it

they literally take nothing seriously

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Karach posted:

That's why I was curious. CBC just keeps saying "the police" in their articles, and gently caress if I can tell what flavour of cop is holding a baton

they were at one point on CBC earlier this afternoon, i think that was that one police chief though and he was speaking generally. i don't think he mentioned OPS though lol

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.

Duck Rodgers posted:

Opposing the use of the emergencies act isn't necessarily siding with the convoy. Just like opposing violent police crackdown isn't necessarily in support of the convoy.

But I do think it is incorrect to think of protest in terms of 'rights' as a principle, and as upheld by the state. The ability to protest and to sway politics doesn't stem from a universal human right granted by the liberal capitalist state. Instead it is an aspect of power, and that should be very clear after the last three weeks. Groups with significant power are granted much more leeway by the state. As people have noted, the current protest has really only begun to face push back after their protest began to interrupt the flow of capital, when they became a challenge to a more powerful group.

On the other side, we have seen all through history the state and capital have no issues ignoring the 'rights' of marginalized groups, especially those who are in the way of capitalist development. The law and the principle of universal rights is only applied when it benefits power.

So when talking about the imposition of the emergencies act, we shouldn't think of the legal system as a neutral ground that is being corrupted in a way that will be used against opposition groups in the future. The legal system is a tool of the liberal capitalist state, it is not neutral and has always been used to legitimate and defend the hegemonic order. The legal system can be a ground of contestation, but the success of struggle in that realm doesn't spring from principles of human rights, it springs from the relative power of the social groups and classes using the legal system as an avenue of struggle. The same is true of protest.

Basically it's about power, not precedent.

I don't agree, the convoy is being broken up because it's making the government look like they have no control of their capital city and they're a failed state.

The only businesses being disrupted here are minor ones in downtown Ottawa. The convoy has the financial support of billionaires.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
edit: man I don’t even know anymore

BGrifter has issued a correction as of 01:04 on Feb 19, 2022

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Yesterday, McCheese described them singing the anthem as an 'aoe debuff attack' and it's all I can think about when I hear it now

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

thunderspanks posted:

Yesterday, McCheese described them singing the anthem as an 'aoe debuff attack' and it's all I can think about when I hear it now

the lily white dudes doing drum circles are bards doing team buffs

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
The anthem is more of an idle animation for these guys

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Karach posted:

The anthem is more of an idle animation for these guys

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
lol they are convinced reinforcements are coming to save them, like chud gandalf is going to appear on parliament hill leading a charge against the cop's back lines

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Frosted Flake posted:

Yep.

Again, the reason for the Emergencies Act, whatever is being reported, is almost certainly because there needed to be legal pretext to move control over the policing response to Federal/Provincial hands because the OPS refused to follow orders.

Toronto didn’t need it for G20 because the Municipal government had control of the police and therefore the protesters and situation.

In Ottawa, the Municipal government had no control over the police and so no action was attempted. The protests “got out of control” because there was no control over the response to the protests.

commandeering tow trucks was also very handy

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Karach posted:

The SQ wear Olive instead of Police (navy) Blue because Quebec is literally doing it’s own thing. They also make up the front line of riot cops tonight. It’s also a unique term iirc and maybe even unique in the Francophone world.

Sûreté du Québec (French: [syʁte dy kebɛk], lit. 'Quebec Security'), abbreviated SQ, is the provincial police service for the Canadian province of Quebec. No official English name exists (lol)

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Feb 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

lol I'm the black and white Dominion flag