Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/cole_marzen/status/1494418288847331332?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whoever said that every manufacturer should collaborate to make one single global 2.0T 4-cyl was right.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Edit:

That's EV's everywhere dude. What global models are you missing for affordable and exciting? As noted, a Tesla 3 starts pretty reasonably, cheaper than a tricked out Ranger and there's thousands of them clogging the streets. (Quite literally in Wellington's case right now lol)

The Model 3 is oddly cheap here but it's the only one - only most stripped out Ioniq 5 goes under the $80k rebate cap, Kona and E-Niro are just as pricey and even the 40kWh Leaf lists for $62k (obviously no one buys it).

Also no VW/Skoda/Seat EVs available at all (except grey market), and no plugin Toyotas other than the Prius Prime.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Good reply, thanks.

I really dig the look of the Cupra el-Born, but that's not even on sale at all yet anywhere anyway.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Drive EV in Taupo is importing all sorts of interesting stuff from the UK but paying new prices for a grey-import car makes me nervous regardless of how good the dealers rep is.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Twerk from Home posted:

Whoever said that every manufacturer should collaborate to make one single global 2.0T 4-cyl was right.

They probably don't want it made by chrysler, or whoever owns them this week.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Good reply, thanks.

I really dig the look of the Cupra el-Born, but that's not even on sale at all yet anywhere anyway.

I like it. Reminds me of my Focus RS but like... futuristic.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I actually like the Kia EV6 from what I can see, not in NZ but apparently coming. An IONIQ 5 underneath but more sporty-focused, and there's apparently a 585 HP version coming. The 320 HP AWD version also seems to review pretty well, interior looks good. The CUV body shape kinda sucks but if you squint you could pretend that it's a wagon.

I'd rather not get a tesla for a large variety of reasons, but I can see the appeal given they're the most 'car' looking EV with decent performance for a reasonable price at this point, but things are going to change.

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Blackhawk posted:

I actually like the Kia EV6 from what I can see, not in NZ but apparently coming. An IONIQ 5 underneath but more sporty-focused, and there's apparently a 585 HP version coming. The 320 HP AWD version also seems to review pretty well, interior looks good. The CUV body shape kinda sucks but if you squint you could pretend that it's a wagon.

I'm going to probably be all over the EV6 once the 585HP version actually exists and can be purchased.
Has Hyundai mentioned anything about doing a N version of the Ioniq5 down the road?
I'll probably give the Genesis GV60 a shot too once those start popping up.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Blackhawk posted:

I'd rather not get a tesla for a large variety of reasons, but I can see the appeal given they're the most 'car' looking EV with decent performance for a reasonable price at this point, but things are going to change.

When that does get to NZ it's going to be at least 20% more expensive than an M3P. I'm definitely in the 'rather not get a Tesla' space too but they're much better value than the Hyundai/Kia's. The Polestar 2 is interesting though, should be more competetively priced.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

God that 585HP version is going to be obscenely expensive (though not per HP) but should be nuts. Won’t be able to afford it though, just like Tesla Plaid

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
The Nissan Frontier 72X concept caught my eye, mostly because I hope this is the start of trucks and 4x4s having steel wheels and gaudy graphics/stripes on the side again

https://twitter.com/Automoblog/status/1493752181744353281?t=By0K69lvxppvOCSeVHS5tA&s=19

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

BalloonFish posted:

The Nissan Frontier 72X concept caught my eye, mostly because I hope this is the start of trucks and 4x4s having steel wheels and gaudy graphics/stripes on the side again

https://twitter.com/Automoblog/status/1493752181744353281?t=By0K69lvxppvOCSeVHS5tA&s=19

This is like a 3 1/2' bed

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Man what the hell is going on with those wheel wells and tiny wheels/tyres? Nobody is going to take this bitch off roading so why even bother not filling the arches with 24s?

https://twitter.com/gt3sam_/status/1495779338180087808?s=20&t=mian0Vh01zKScxESp4kryQ

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Throatwarbler posted:

This is like a 3 1/2' bed

Gonna have some trouble fitting in those washer/dryers I always find by the side of the road.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
My side hustle of hauling gravel, plywood and grandfather clocks on the weekends

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Instead of boomers cosplaying Clint Eastwood, pretending to be ranchers and cowboys, the new truck market is millennials who need a way to carry around their guitar surfboards.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Man what the hell is going on with those wheel wells and tiny wheels/tyres? Nobody is going to take this bitch off roading so why even bother not filling the arches with 24s?

https://twitter.com/gt3sam_/status/1495779338180087808?s=20&t=mian0Vh01zKScxESp4kryQ

It will sell a million

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

I dont really thing that looks terrible. Need to see from the side and back I guess.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
getting strong taycan vibes
edit: but in a bad way

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 21, 2022

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yuck

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I love just how hard they're trying to make it look lower than it is with the scallops at both the bottom and top of the door and the black cladding.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

I love just how hard they're trying to make it look lower than it is with the scallops at both the bottom and top of the door and the black cladding.

I like referring to them as pre-crashed doors. Getting as hot as rear lightbars now.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Woolwich Bagnet posted:

Is black cladding supposed to make it look lower? It just makes the wheel arches look bigger / not filled out, to me.

Like the black roofline on the Mach E makes it look more coupe-like because there's nothing "above" the roof. But when you've still got the whole car "above" the wheels, it just looks off.

I still just can't believe it's actually called the Purosangue lmao

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Getting a Nazi vibe from that name, anyone else?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Not even a little bit, actually, no. It's just like, "Even though it doesn't look like A Ferrari it still is one, really guys"

Like, again, the Mustang Mach E. Call it a Mustang all you want, but sorry no it isn't.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i've come around on the Mach E's naming scheme because it really irritates annoying people

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i've come around on the Mach E's naming scheme because it really irritates annoying people

Same.

Also they’re faster than most of the Mustangs that ever existed.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Pissing off purists is probably part of the marketing, helps generate buzz for it one way or another.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Is black cladding supposed to make it look lower? It just makes the wheel arches look bigger / not filled out, to me.

Depends how it's used. At the bottom of the body from a profile view it gives the illusion that the waist of the car is cinched in and less fat. On the back it's usually used to break up a huge expanse of bumper. Arches is usually purely utility, plastics are cheaper than metal to replace which is somewhat of a weird choice when it's a loving Ferrari.

I dunno, I hope it's fake but the stuff they've been putting out doesn't give me much hope.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pissing off people is probably part of the marketing, helps generate buzz for it one way or another.

FTFY

I feel like thats probably what happened with the cyber truck and the window shattering.
If the window hadn't broken nobody would have noticed, but the window broke and no publicity is bad publicity......

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You use the black the break up the expanse of body. It doesn’t make it look lower but it visually lightens it. It also fuckin sucks. Bentley try a much more interesting thing with the lip and shadow. Much more premium. Stacked arches are the bane of my existence

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I love how every influencer is gonna have to buy 2 Mondials to get on the waitlist. :discourse:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
All these SUVs from ultra-luxury/supercar brands just look like Porsche Cayennes with new front bumpers to me.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Just wait and you'll see Ferrari trying to void warranties and try and take them from their owners the moment they see that one is parked in a gravel parking lot or god forbid being driven on a dirt road or some poo poo..

"well you see you don't *really* own your ferrari, you just pay for the privilege of exclusive use, and since that exclusive use doesn't include going off pavement, we're going to have to either completely void any and all warranties on our vehicle, or we reserve the right to repossess it".

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

There's butt. It's fine but we should have banned cheap looking plastics on cars decades ago.

https://twitter.com/laffey_chino07/status/1495915641211084802?t=CI3eoFNtZv7ytYUxVwdQKg&s=19

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sab669 posted:

Like, again, the Mustang Mach E. Call it a Mustang all you want, but sorry no it isn't.

Yes it is.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
It's been a few decades since Ferrari made good looking cars. They still sell even if they are ugly.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Olympic Mathlete posted:

There's butt. It's fine but we should have banned cheap looking plastics on cars decades ago.

https://twitter.com/laffey_chino07/status/1495915641211084802?t=CI3eoFNtZv7ytYUxVwdQKg&s=19

This thing looks like a Mach-e with Porsche headlights well done Ferrari. :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

MrLogan posted:

It's been a few decades since Ferrari made good looking cars. They still sell even if they are ugly.

I was going to fight you for the honor of the 599, but then I checked its production dates. Yep. Decades. Maybe not a few, but more than one.