Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Finnish sounds annoying. Like a cat chirping at you all the time, but we must pretend the equivalent to "Zeus" is a very clever cuss.

I like the way Finnish sounds. Very percussive, very unique (obviously).

doverhog posted:

vitun saatanan perkeleen vittu, vittu saatana

:hmmyes:

edit for actual PHUO snype: Kiwis are better with the skin on.

YeahTubaMike has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Feb 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

thetoughestbean posted:

Should have said bringing, yeah. But my point stands: too many people don’t train their dogs, especially their small dogs

Fuckin a. I've known and lived with so many punks with dogs named like "Mayhem" that refused to do any training or socialization and then would be all like "I'm so sorry she bit you five times, I thought she was getting better about that". Training your dog doesn't make you a fascist smdh

PHUO: Alex Garland is better than Denis Villeneuve and whatever studio exec keeps giving him money to make movies and shows no one watches is a saint

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ex Machina wasn't very good.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Who is that? Is that your ex?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aramek posted:

Who is that? Is that your ex?

Its a movie about a killer robot that spends a long time trying to make you think it's going to be about anything more than a killer robot.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

Gripweed posted:

Its a movie about a killer robot that spends a long time trying to make you think it's going to be about anything more than a killer robot.

Lol

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Ex Machina was boring and utterly predictable

What a disappointment of a movie that was

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I thought the ending was as amusing as it was hosed up.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

YeahTubaMike posted:

edit for actual PHUO snype: Kiwis are better with the skin on.

Yup. No messy hassle of peeling them either. Lotta people don't even know the skin is perfectly edible and fine (including me at one time).

E: kiwis are easily on the top ten best fruits of all time list too

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
PHUO: I work at a bookstore with a sizable magazine section and there isn’t a single magazine worth the paper it’s printed on. Completely worthless, the lot of them

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

thetoughestbean posted:

PHUO: I work at a bookstore with a sizable magazine section and there isn’t a single magazine worth the paper it’s printed on. Completely worthless, the lot of them

I guess your store doesn't stock Strategy & Tactics.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Getting rid of my bed was the best thing I've ever done. Beds take up so much loving room and they're bad for your back. My entire bed is made up of a blanket, a pad, and a pillow, and it all rolls up into a space smaller than my suitcase, allowing my "bedroom" to function entirely as an office or whatever. I don't even have a "bedroom". I can put my bed anywhere.

If you're still using a bed in 2022 you're behind.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

credburn posted:

Getting rid of my bed was the best thing I've ever done. Beds take up so much loving room and they're bad for your back. My entire bed is made up of a blanket, a pad, and a pillow, and it all rolls up into a space smaller than my suitcase, allowing my "bedroom" to function entirely as an office or whatever. I don't even have a "bedroom". I can put my bed anywhere.

So you replaced your good bed with a worse one, but it's still a bed. Maybe sleeping on a plank of wood is better for your back but people like comfort, believe it or not.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Takin' a girl back to your place and watching her face fall as you unroll your superior Japanese futon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

credburn posted:

seeking efficiency in life is self-destructive.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Gripweed posted:

I guess your store doesn't stock Strategy & Tactics.

I think we actually do. We have a ton of historical magazines for old men

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

thetoughestbean posted:

I think we actually do. We have a ton of historical magazines for old men

Of course you think women have no use for strategy or tactics.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

credburn posted:

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

prom candy posted:

I sleep in a big bed with my wife.

I do that on my efficient rollup pad.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I sit in a completely empty room with only my laptop plugged into an outlet. My room actually functions as room now. :smug:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
a person from america having an anime avatar is pretty creepy and weird

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

a person from america having an anime avatar is pretty creepy and weird

Anime has been on American TV for decades. Plenty of Americans grew up watching Dragon Ball Z or Naruto or Sailor Moon

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Gripweed posted:

Anime has been on American TV for decades. Plenty of Americans grew up watching Dragon Ball Z or Naruto or Sailor Moon

It was never on uk TV, the closest we ever got was xmen the animated series

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

World War 2 created a desire for ever greater, more heroic, more apocalyptic wars in the soul of America. But that desire has been consistently thwarted. We were denied a great murderous conflagration with the Soviet Union, our adversaries in the War on Terror never brought big armies to the table. Instead of the glorious annihilation or dominance battles we want, we get constant piddly little atrocities. The American's view of America has decayed and rotted without the the great global slaughter to relight the meaning we gained in WW2.

The only solution is a new full on world war with millions of deaths, or the political break up of the United States into smaller countries which can find their own national meaning separate from each other.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

That's a shame, Gundam Wing kicked rear end.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

JollyBoyJohn posted:

All the anime I've ever seen was recommended to me. Even if it was on TV I probably didn't get those channels, but there are comic conventions, anime conventions, advertisements, and enough posts online that it's difficult to miss.

I personally find it "too broad to start"; like music there are too many choices, so it's easier not to waste time with it. Nevertheless there are half a dozen manga or anime that I own, a couple dozen I've seen for cultural/historical reference, and a few dozen more that I've searched online to understand the reference... leaving likely thousands that are good in their own way of which I have no knowledge.

My parents, who wouldn't make it past John Wayne if my dad has his way, know about the more cartoony stuff since it's fairly common with young nephews and nieces.

No Pokemon Go in the UK?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

No anime? Hey someone found something good about the uk

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We only have one 10,000-year-old dragon god inhabiting the body of a human here, and good sirs and madams, we shan't have you slandering Her Majesty's character

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Helicopters are cooler than jets.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If the us government is going to be spending billions of tax payer dollars on any military hardware, it should be those planes that take off straight up and then fly away. They are very cool. Stop funding those jets that suck and put all that money into the planes that can work like helicopters. I don't care how many Marines die in crashes, there are always more Marines and frankly that's probably one of the better uses for them.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This probably isn't that unpopular an opinion: pay-to-play software sucks and is a gigantic scam. I'm speaking specifically of things like having to pay a yearly fee to use Microsoft Office products. Once you buy software, you should be able to use it for life. Microsoft doesn't need any more money.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
They can never have enough money no matter what they have to do to get it because super crazy rich people have the same brain disorder that hoarders have but instead of garbage it's money.

So that's yet another reason to hate them.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
You hate hoarders? I like that show.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Aramek posted:

They can never have enough money no matter what they have to do to get it because super crazy rich people have the same brain disorder that hoarders have but instead of garbage it's money.

So that's yet another reason to hate them.

Oligarchs are way worse than hoarders. Hoarders are merely self-destructive, oligarchs are destroying the entire planet and every living thing on it.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Vandar posted:

I haven't seen Fruitopia around here in ages and I miss it.

Never heard of Crunky's but I am down for whatever 'over-complicated chocolate' is.

Crunky is incredible. I got them all the time in Korea, though I couldn't find a picture of my favorite.
Look at this thing. It's a wafer tube with some kind of crunchy rice cream filling dipped in caramel rolled in peanuts and then dipped in chocolate. The whole brand is like this and it's amazing.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Mr.Chill posted:

Crunky is incredible. I got them all the time in Korea, though I couldn't find a picture of my favorite.
Look at this thing. It's a wafer tube with some kind of crunchy rice cream filling dipped in caramel rolled in peanuts and then dipped in chocolate. The whole brand is like this and it's amazing.

Oh my god, it's a Poly Waffle, but better. They discontinued them here 10 years ago, so I'm just going to have to move to South Korea.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Elissimpark posted:

Oh my god, it's a Poly Waffle, but better. They discontinued them here 10 years ago, so I'm just going to have to move to South Korea.

Dude, S. Korea has the best snacks I've ever had, and it's not just the awesome store-bought stuff. My tiny stationed town Yeoju had this one guy who sold the best rotisserie chicken you've ever had from the back of his truck. Yeoju is the Minnesota of S. Korea and I loved it.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

THANK YOU. What's more dogs are hyper-focused on their human friends*, and they really love training. Teaching a dog commands doesn't feel mean to them as long as treats and love come at the end. You owe it to your dog to give them all they need. Part of that is commands and praise.

Not just that, but training isn't domination and anyone who presents it as such can gently caress off. Bullying the dog into submission isn't training -- training is developing a kind of mutual language so the dog knows what you want and you can tell through their body language what they want. It's literally the kindest thing you can do and it shouldn't be an uphill struggle for any dog, you just need to figure out what the dog would sell their soul for, and you'll fly along

PHUO: Every case where a dog bites a human is the owner's fault for either:

- The dog not trusting the owner enough to look at them for help

- The human not being aware of their dog and catching the signals off them where they are actively saying "I'm loving stressed please get this tiny human/big human away from me thanks"

Almost always in these cases, the owners have taught the dog not to loving growl, because of course you need to give the dog one less signal to tell you it's at its limit. For dogs biting humans like that is a last loving resort and it is always, unequivocally, the human's fault.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

If you're going to go bed-less, at least go the hammock route. It's likely to be a lot more comfortable than a rollup mat on the floor, and it packs up even smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Robobot posted:

You hate hoarders? I like that show.

Way to self incriminate.