Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Can't wait to see Dave and Gary in person, in Philly. Gonna stock up on batteries in the meantime...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Can't wait to see Dave and Gary in person, in Philly. Gonna stock up on batteries in the meantime...

oh hell yes

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Went to a Pigeons Playing Ping Pong show and bought the poster for the show.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I don't know or care what that is, but I need that poster

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Daft stuff

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Why does supreme make cast iron pans

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love my keychron, but I need to stop being a cheap bastard and upgrade from the stock keycaps

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Why does supreme make cast iron pans

Because it parts suckers like Bape Culture from their money.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Slimy Hog posted:

yeah but then through the powers of finance and grifts, his family funnels it right back.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Slimy Hog posted:

AHEM

*taps thread title*

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

AHEM

*taps thread title*

Nah, I'll shop shame that racist all day.

Slimy Hog has a new favorite as of 18:04 on Feb 18, 2022

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Went to a Pigeons Playing Ping Pong show and bought the poster for the show.

I assume this is a band (maybe a podcast) but at first I really hoped there was a traveling show of giving pigeons pingpong paddles and letting them go to town. I'd pay to see that.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Humerus posted:

I assume this is a band (maybe a podcast) but at first I really hoped there was a traveling show of giving pigeons pingpong paddles and letting them go to town. I'd pay to see that.

A band, yes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

In my mind this is the best thing I have seen them make. It should at least be able to be handed down to your children if you take care of it, unlike clothing.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

djfooboo posted:

In my mind this is the best thing I have seen them make. It should at least be able to be handed down to your children if you take care of it, unlike clothing.

on the other hand every burger and steak you ever make will say ɘmɘɿqυƧ on it so :shrug:

fake edit: oh lmao wait that's the bottom nvm

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Slimy Hog posted:

Nah, I'll shop shame that racist all day.

You gotta at least try to back it up if you're gonna fire from the hip like that.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

prayer group posted:

You gotta at least try to back it up if you're gonna fire from the hip like that.

Just check out his rap sheet and click a few of the links. Last time he posted in the thread he had just been probed for saying something lovely about travelers. No clue how he's avoided a ban.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Slimy Hog posted:

Just check out his rap sheet and click a few of the links. Last time he posted in the thread he had just been probed for saying something lovely about travelers. No clue how he's avoided a ban.

if anyone can find a "RACIST" avatar in the supreme font well....

new toothbrush cause my last one pulled itself apart completely.

This one is neat, it tracks everything!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Bought an ENO hammock from REI because they’re on sale for 23 bucks.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Futura, heavy oblique
RGB: (237 28 36) & (255 255 255)

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Coffee And Pie posted:

I love my keychron, but I need to stop being a cheap bastard and upgrade from the stock keycaps

Sincerely, best of luck if you decide to upgrade, depending on your layout. When I started shopping for keycaps, people seemed to say that the 1.75u right shift and the 1u "0" on the numpad were the hardest to find in most regular sets, but man, those R4 navigation keys can be a bitch and a half to find!

CordlessPen has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Feb 19, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Well I downloaded the Ableton trial version and I'm like edging closer to buying the cheapest copy...you people have dragged me down into the EDM production mines!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

Well I downloaded the Ableton trial version and I'm like edging closer to buying the cheapest copy...you people have dragged me down into the EDM production mines!

It never stops :cry:

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another kick module after the Erica synths bass drum, and WMD crater, but SSF release this and I couldn't resist because it does exactly the sounds I wanted (integrated filter and distortion)

Also I just realized my Meris pedals were generating a ton of noise and apparently you can't use a daisy-chain power supply with power-hungry pedals so I upgraded to this

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It never stops :cry:

I promised myself I wouldn't buy another kick module after the Erica synths bass drum, and WMD crater, but SSF release this and I couldn't resist because it does exactly the sounds I wanted (integrated filter and distortion)

Also I just realized my Meris pedals were generating a ton of noise and apparently you can't use a daisy-chain power supply with power-hungry pedals so I upgraded to this

Desire to know more intensifies.

I was thinkin about gettin the Erica pico drums or the sample drum, but I'm still on the track of making 808 clone modules, and a sample player module rather than buyin.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

What were the entry level beep makers and apps? My spouse would rather I spend as little as possible to see if this is something I'll like.

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

What were the entry level beep makers and apps? My spouse would rather I spend as little as possible to see if this is something I'll like.

Pocket Operators (po-33/-133) for cheap hardware, Koala for software?

https://teenage.engineering/store/po-33/

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/koala-sampler/id1449584007

I haven't messed with Koala yet but people here say it's great.

Alternatively, VCV Rack?

https://vcvrack.com/

Another option is to build your own, starting with an oscillator. Plenty of options out there ranging from straight blueprints to DIY kits:

https://www.ericasynths.lv/shop/diy-kits-1/edu-diy-vco/

Edit: maybe a hardware drum machine like a Model:Samples? Which would be a good introduction to the Elektron workspace. Definitely check our Reverb and start with used gear first if you want to go the hardware route.

Shartweek has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Feb 20, 2022

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pocket Operator?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Thanks, both of you.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

The Caustic app is pretty neat too.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

The Erica DIY ones are all through hole, so you just need a soldering iron and patience. They're not bad if you already know how to solder, but not be a great choice if you don't. Not the worst things I've ever soldered, but some of components are a little tight on the ones I've done, so need some comfort with an iron.

I don't have any pocket operators so I can't really talk about the pros and cons of them, but I'll throw out another inexpensive option in Korg's Volca series.......which I also don't have but looked at pretty hard and have heard good things about.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Can't stop buying cameras. Got this Mamiya C220 for a sixth of what is worth. It was dirty and the lenses needed a good clean but after a days servicing and detailing work it's ready to have some film put through it again.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Eurorack

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Got a new job so I'm moving and going to rent for at least a year. Don't want to post photo as I don't want to doxx myself but it's a penthouse with an amazing view, and only 40% more than my current mortgage for 1/3 the space!

Now I need to buy a bunch of new furniture and whatnot while making sure it all fits.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bit of dinner

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Bit of dinner

that new AV is fitting

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I bought one of these

It is very good

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Phthisis posted:

I bought one of these

It is very good

That is amazing and now I want one too.

I think this is the desk I'm going to get when I move: https://zaor.us/collections/desks/products/miza-z?variant=41905380360431

Not sure yet if I want to put an 88 key on it or a smaller one and have a mixer or something next to it

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Rolo posted:

Eurorack

That's uh........not the way to save money. That's the gateway to emptying your wallet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

OniPanda posted:

That's uh........not the way to save money. That's the gateway to emptying your wallet

Which leads to spending less on other things!