Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wish I could play Wardancer but not use the big gauntlets. Just let me use my tiny little fists like Soulfist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Any opinions on Scrapper versus Wardancer? I had my sights on Scrapper because I love the look and the utility of stagger will eventually play dividends, but I'm in training now messing around and Wardancer feels great, the mobility is a real breath of fresh air after leveling Bard.

Wardancer has a crit buff groups love, I see her mentioned as semi-support with Gunlancer. Everyone has a group support buff or debuff but those two got special mention in every class vid I watched.

I haven't seen much on Scrapper aside from people here and in discord saying how much fun the class is.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Any opinions on Scrapper versus Wardancer? I had my sights on Scrapper because I love the look and the utility of stagger will eventually play dividends, but I'm in training now messing around and Wardancer feels great, the mobility is a real breath of fresh air after leveling Bard.

idk what the wardancer does well, but the Scrapper is really good at staggering and doing a lot of damage consistently while being able to do big gently caress off hits.

There are some slight animation locks on certain skills and some attacks have short range. Also you don't have any self shields or heals, but you do get a great dash that can be used twice in a row if needed. Doing so doubles the cooldown to 10s.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Scrapper can either get more or less mobility than average by going Taijutsu and Shock respectively. If you go Taijutsu (yellow skills) you have tons of movement available.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Thanks all, Scrapper it is for now

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

bagrada posted:

Wardancer has a crit buff groups love, I see her mentioned as semi-support with Gunlancer. Everyone has a group support buff or debuff but those two got special mention in every class vid I watched.

I haven't seen much on Scrapper aside from people here and in discord saying how much fun the class is.

My wardancer finally hit 600 ilvl yesterday after really awful luck honing gear but overall I'm liking the class. My AOE build for questing and chaos dungeons does feel a bit weaker than some other classes but my boss build is solid. I do find myself running low on mana in guardian raids if I don't have to dodge many mechanics for a while.

As far as the -18% crit resist debuff on bosses and the group +movespeed/atk speed buff, they honestly don't feel like they contribute much in a typical guardian raid matchmaking group. I can see how they would be very impactful if you're in an organized party and people are in voice chat together though. The buff and debuff only have 6 second durations and ~24 second cooldowns so you really need your party to coordinate their big skills at the right time to gain any benefit. But apparently in t3 the wardancer can pump out top tier dps on their own while also buffing the party dps considerably which makes them pretty sought after.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Just got my power pass after mainlining the MSQ on my Soul Fist and I wanna boost up something that plays very differently (ideally one that won't be hamstrung when I fail to land my ult over and over); thoughts?

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Russian Remoulade posted:

Just got my power pass after mainlining the MSQ on my Soul Fist and I wanna boost up something that plays very differently (ideally one that won't be hamstrung when I fail to land my ult over and over); thoughts?

Gunlancer. It’s what I want to boost once I get my Scrapper to 50.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Suprfli6 posted:

My wardancer finally hit 600 ilvl yesterday after really awful luck honing gear but overall I'm liking the class. My AOE build for questing and chaos dungeons does feel a bit weaker than some other classes but my boss build is solid. I do find myself running low on mana in guardian raids if I don't have to dodge many mechanics for a while.

As far as the -18% crit resist debuff on bosses and the group +movespeed/atk speed buff, they honestly don't feel like they contribute much in a typical guardian raid matchmaking group. I can see how they would be very impactful if you're in an organized party and people are in voice chat together though. The buff and debuff only have 6 second durations and ~24 second cooldowns so you really need your party to coordinate their big skills at the right time to gain any benefit. But apparently in t3 the wardancer can pump out top tier dps on their own while also buffing the party dps considerably which makes them pretty sought after.

Did you go esoteric or first intention?

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Suprfli6 posted:

I heard they start to really shine in t3 and are one of the most tankiest and mobile dps classes.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
What am I meant to do with all these engraving boxes I get?

There are like two for Bard but once you have those two it seems you're meant to get it for the other classes? Why? They'll just sit in my inventory.
And the weird thing is just how many boxes I get. I have 40 to open right now and it seems absolutely pointless to do as I only play Bard.

I then got some blue ones and when I right click it I am told I can't use this because a higher level one is currently being collected? What is being collected? Where?

This is so frustrating.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

truther posted:

There are like two for Bard but once you have those two it seems you're meant to get it for the other classes? Why? They'll just sit in my inventory.
And the weird thing is just how many boxes I get. I have 40 to open right now and it seems absolutely pointless to do as I only play Bard.

I then got some blue ones and when I right click it I am told I can't use this because a higher level one is currently being collected? What is being collected? Where?

This is so frustrating.

You get selection boxes and random boxes. Selection you select what you want, random is luck of the draw. You need 20 of each book to unlock the engraving.

You can only use one tier of book at a time (Green, Blue, etc.) When you get all the green books you start using blue books. When you dont have all 20 green books, blue of the same one is useless and can be sold.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
^^^ Don't sell all your blue books just because you can't use them yet, wtf
Save the books for engravings you will actually use in the future. You will eventually get plenty of green books.

truther posted:

This is so frustrating.

Bard only has two class engravings but there are like a million univerrsal engravings that are shared between all classes, including stuff like Adrenaine, Hit Master, Grudge, and of course Drops of Ether which everyone gets for free (and seems pretty useless)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 19, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Re: Alts

Once you get level 52 on your main you unlock a stronghold training room that will passively level an alt to -2 levels of your main (58 if 60). This takes about 2 weeks but afaik the cost is minimal so it’s a good third way to level an alt if you don’t want to spend the 600 gold.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Good Citizen posted:

At least that higher end raid doesn’t seem to be as color specific? That ‘is the aura red’ mechanic in the earlier abyss really hosed me up with my broke rear end eyes. But yeah I’m fine with absolute final end game raids being a bit bullshit even knowing I’ll probably never clear them

Is this what modern endgame raids are like in other games these days? I’ll admit I haven’t bothered to get to that point in an MMO in like a decade at this point

It's the reason I quit WoW. There were so many "stand here, hand off this item to someone else, spread out, stack" mechanics my old rear end brain couldn't really handle it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Man, after the first few Abyss dungeons I was like 'this is gonna suck to play with pubs huh'. Then I started actually using the party finder and now I've cleared up through Alaric's Sanctuary in the Gate of Paradise and there's actually some really good fights there! Most people are pretty understanding if you don't know poo poo about the boss outside of what you saw on a youtube video too.

Now I have a full set of T2 Abyss gear and I'm lookin fine

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Engravings wise I found getting Awakening up to level 3 (with an ability stone) pretty worthwhile as Bard. I did happen to have enough green and blue books from somewhere, though.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
if anyone has a level 50 Assassin class and a minute to spare, could you go to a market board and search Maze of the Edge Chestpiece Skin and take a picture of the preview?

i can't find ANY info on what the Assassin version looks like, and i don't have one with access to a market board. for :iiam: REASONS, you can only preview this gear from a market board.

this is Mage's

tia

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
Just spent 25 mins fighting a world boss with about 15 other people only to have it despawn because we took too long. Not really something I see myself doing daily.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HungryHungryHobo posted:

Just spent 25 mins fighting a world boss with about 15 other people only to have it despawn because we took too long. Not really something I see myself doing daily.

Which one was that? I did one earlier and with 15 people it took about 10 min and was well before the enrage timer.

10 of those 15 could have been under geared and doing no damage as well. If you aren’t the right ilevel you do 0 damage but you’ll still get some rewards.

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

Which one was that? I did one earlier and with 15 people it took about 10 min and was well before the enrage timer.

10 of those 15 could have been under geared and doing no damage as well. If you aren’t the right ilevel you do 0 damage but you’ll still get some rewards.

Proxima. I'll try the other 540 one next time and hopefully it goes better.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HungryHungryHobo posted:

Proxima. I'll try the other 540 one next time and hopefully it goes better.

Yeah maybe just have a look around and see what peoples gear looks like. It’s probably gonna be rough for the first month or so.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Streaming more Lost Ark tonight! https://twitch.tv/omgitsbees Working on end game grinding, need to get to ilevel 600.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
I might have to actually use the party finder for the Rohendel abyssal dungeon. Well, still have until the reset to do it, I guess. And I certainly have a lot of other content to get through!

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

So I got a weird purple map...

I have since finished the questline it opens up, and all of my wildest dreams came true.

No other questline will top this one.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 19, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Did some abyssal dungeons tonight with a friend and had a drat blast. I was expecting awful confusing raid mechanics but these are more my speed for sure. Everything is kinda coming together now at this stage in the game and as I gradually figure out what these mechanics are like honing and seeing my gear score skyrocket I just want to keep playing.. I have to work on my support Bard though, it's hard juggling buffs and debuffs in the midst of an already stressful boss fight.

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
So I went back to that world boss since I was still in the area and it was was close to dead with some time left so I joined in. After it died a "loot auction" popped up which was surprising since I hadn't seen this before and I didn't know what anything was worth so I just dipped and 5 mins later I still see people arguing about how much gold people are bidding.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I saw the loot auction in the one chaos rift I've ran so far.
It's kind of a cool concept: instead of just disappearing or whatever, the money spent by the winner of the auction is split between everyone who helped kill the boss.
So even if you completely ignore it you'll get a pile of free gold in your mailbox soon enough.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I saw the loot auction in the one chaos rift I've ran so far.
It's kind of a cool concept: instead of just disappearing or whatever, the money spent by the winner of the auction is split between everyone who helped kill the boss.
So even if you completely ignore it you'll get a pile of free gold in your mailbox soon enough.

B&S did similar things with its dungeon loot and yeah it wasn't a bad idea.

I hit 50 in the middle of Midgar island, where do I..go from here?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Spent a little time just making characters to try out jobs in the little trial bits they give you right at the start.

Ended up liking Artillerist, Berserker, Scrapper, and Shadowhunter.

So what I've learned is that I like mechanically simple Unga Bunga characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Made it to item level 526 tonight and learned a few new things about Lost Ark and being more efficient. :toot:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Can someone explain when you should use the gear transfer feature? I've upgraded a bunch of blue items and when new stuff drops it's always worse because of the lack of upgrades. Is it only for going from blue to purple gear etc or is there some part of same rarity gear I should look out for?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Chalks posted:

Can someone explain when you should use the gear transfer feature? I've upgraded a bunch of blue items and when new stuff drops it's always worse because of the lack of upgrades. Is it only for going from blue to purple gear etc or is there some part of same rarity gear I should look out for?

Blue gear is identical in terms of primary stats, if you transfer to another set of blue gear it'll end up with exactly the same stats. What is different is the secondary stats - if you find a piece of blue gear that has a better secondary stat for your build, or has the same stat but is higher quality (so gives more of it), maybe you'd transfer to take advantage of that.

But mostly it's there for if you're transitioning into purple or orange gear, you transfer instead of levelling up the new gear separately. Not a huge deal at T1 though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Unhappy Meal posted:

So I got a weird purple map...

I have since finished the questline it opens up, and all of my wildest dreams came true.

No other questline will top this one.

I have that map too but I have no idea where/how to use it.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

HungryHungryHobo posted:

Always try to be in channel 1 if possible. If thats full go to channel 2 and so on. You will generally find people swarming those bosses in these channels.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Hit 50 the other night early in steampunk island but still working my way through the main quest until all the endgame stuff unlocks. Feels like they could have aligned this better. Was really hoping to stop mashing G by this point.

That mech suit dungeon was fun though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chalks posted:

Someone mentioned it already but last night I crafted my first piece of upgradeable purple gear. Having already upgraded my blue chestpiece to +7 I don't want to do all that again so I was able to transfer the +7 from the blue gear to the new purple gear without any dice rolls or anything like that and immediately level up that new piece of gear to the same level. It's really helpful but like most confounding things in this game it doesn't become super clear what it does until you can actually use it.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Kaysette posted:

Hit 50 the other night early in steampunk island but still working my way through the main quest until all the endgame stuff unlocks. Feels like they could have aligned this better. Was really hoping to stop mashing G by this point.

That mech suit dungeon was fun though.

Post level 50 still has plenty of G mashing. A lot of your time will be spent doing island quests, and when you hit specific gear score points you will unlock new continents which also have multi hour G mashing questlines.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

I have that map too but I have no idea where/how to use it.

in Port Krona, the tooki statue statue on the bottom left of the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Kaddish posted:

Did you go esoteric or first intention?

I went First Intention since it seemed like a simpler rotation/playstyle but for stuff like guardian raids Esoteric is probably better at this point. First Intention + Preemptive Strike really makes questing and chaos dungeons smooth though.