Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
The fallout from this will be fascinating. A whole big group of alt right chuds have now tasted the excitement of taking to the streets, and have gained some experience organizing. I can't imagine things will stop here. Are we seeing future PPC candidates/campaigners, social media influencers, etc.?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Frosted Flake posted:

The SQ wear Olive instead of Police (navy) Blue because Quebec is literally doing it’s own thing. They also make up the front line of riot cops tonight. It’s also a unique term iirc and maybe even unique in the Francophone world.

Sûreté du Québec (French: [syʁte dy kebɛk], lit. 'Quebec Security'), abbreviated SQ, is the provincial police service for the Canadian province of Quebec. No official English name exists (lol)

interesting side note on Quebec: unlike the rest of Canada, which is on British Common Law, they use a Civil Code. It leads to all sorts of wackiness.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

STILL SALTY OVER MEECH LAKE

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

It is weird as all those truckers are easily old enough to have watched Tiananmen live on CNN that night.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Crow Buddy posted:

It is weird as all those truckers are easily old enough to have watched Tiananmen live on CNN that night.

Its like Tiannanmen Square except its their own children in front of their own trucks.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crow Buddy posted:

CNN wasn't really a thing at that point. Everyone watched it on one of the big three.

Yes, I'm (barely) that old.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
mayor mccheese is showing charts of pump and dump crypto scam coins made by trucker convoy grifters

cbc probably has someone droning about "oh this is so historic blah bla blah"

sticking w/ stream

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/theserfstv/status/1494839957143244801?t=bMwn_qLi6Q9Fnpa7FE4ayw&s=19

Get rekt nerds

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

wit posted:

Its like Tiannanmen Square except its their own children in front of their own trucks.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Cold on a Cob posted:

mayor mccheese is showing charts of pump and dump crypto scam coins made by trucker convoy grifters

cbc probably has someone droning about "oh this is so historic blah bla blah"

sticking w/ stream

Mostly retired cops going on about how measured the response has been. Very disciplined.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
these loving dumbass chuds on zello are so credulous i can't even tell if they're being trolled or self-trolling through idiocy

someone on zello: 'that old lady that got trampled died, it was confirmed, you can google it'
everyone: 'oh my god' 'those animals' 'etc'
one with half a brain: 'uh i'm not finding it'
someone: 'it's on baytoday check there'
half a brain: 'oh no i can't find it still'
someone: 'oh yeah it's in the comments at the bottom of the article'
everyone: 'confirmed!' 'no way they'll talk about this on the news it'll be censored' 'media blackout'

lmao

e: she may very well be dead but it sure as gently caress isn't reported anywhere credible yet and i'm not loling at that part if it is. hope the kids are all out of the crowd by now too.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Acab, but on the other hand, these guys soon i dunno. It's just a real poo poo pile.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Coastal GasLink pipeline to go ‘significantly’ over budget: TC Energy

quote:

But head of corporate development Bevin Wirzba acknowledged in a conference call with analysts that TC Energy remains at odds with LNG Canada over projected cost increases and schedule delays. The company has previously blamed permit delays and the impacts of COVID-19 for the issues.

Wirzba declined to put a dollar value on the project’s cost overruns, though he said TC Energy is engaged in a “constructive dialogue” with LNG Canada right now to resolve the dispute. He said no suspension of construction is expected while talks take place.

Wow, how convenient that barely two days later they are violently attacked by mysterious Antifa supersoldiers!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Alright I'm imagining it

Old Story
Jun 2, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Cold on a Cob posted:

someone on zello: 'that old lady that got trampled died, it was confirmed, you can google it'
everyone: 'oh my god' 'those animals' 'etc'
one with half a brain: 'uh i'm not finding it'
someone: 'it's on baytoday check there'

W... Why has anyone outside of North Bay heard of Baytoday? Is it, like... Notorious?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
https://twitter.com/AnnieClaireBO/status/1494801392782950405

lol the dude talking over the end of this

Old Story posted:

W... Why has anyone outside of North Bay heard of Baytoday? Is it, like... Notorious?

vOv

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Maxine bernier is calling the police scum on Twitter. let’s bug him to put a #defundthepolice hashtag on the tweets

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
https://twitter.com/bigcmurr/status/1494804642705952777

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Maxine bernier is calling the police scum on Twitter. let’s bug him to put a #defundthepolice hashtag on the tweets

https://twitter.com/ChalicothereX/status/1494764217328562177?s=20&t=j3WGpRCjQ8KsgX8Xno5tNw

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

There was a CBC reporter on earlier, and a guy came up yelling about how the police had deployed microwave weapons and they were all being fried. The reporter was struggling to keep a straight face.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
the protesters all have havana syndrome now

not havana a good time

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

God everything's so dumb

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I briefly saw on the livestream today two women who had decided to sit down in front of the police, crying, preparing to be arrested. The police wall just moved past them and completely ignored them.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Been thinking about this canada video for no real reason

https://youtu.be/uXwRgnZ990I

A+ click, wish I saw this video while I was living in Waterloo.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Lead out in cuffs posted:

There was a CBC reporter on earlier, and a guy came up yelling about how the police had deployed microwave weapons and they were all being fried. The reporter was struggling to keep a straight face.

Does Stringray count? They’re definitely using that.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

quote:

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said Friday that Trans Mountain Corporation — the Crown corporation that owns the massive oil pipeline — will need to secure third-party funding to complete the project, either through banks or public debt markets.

HOLY gently caress. :stare:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Rime posted:

lmao hot drat

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ChalicothereX/status/1494761174855929856

if the government brought in quebec cops then i would probably move in the opposite direction :toughguy: :quebec:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

mediaphage posted:

lmao hot drat

This will be good for bitcoin.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
wait i was told by some twitter crank that we must support the protesters against the police state :thunk:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rime posted:

The UCP were gearing up to announce a budget surplus on the back of $100 a barrel oil.

Now he’s going to announce he bought another pipeline to save his leadership review.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

they would have been curb stomped three weeks ago before anyone so much as got a tent set up

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
ah “satire”

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

lmao like gently caress he was

edit: oh

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

mediaphage posted:

lmao poo poo the gently caress up you dumb sad sack son of a bitch

https://twitter.com/talk2oleary/status/1494860566338281474?s=21

oh my god did he seriously just say that

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

The UCP were gearing up to announce a budget surplus on the back of $100 a barrel oil.

Now he’s going to announce he bought another pipeline to save his leadership review.

wave goodbye to the Alberta teacher's pension funds.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

infernal machines posted:

they would have been curb stomped three weeks ago before anyone so much as got a tent set up

You didn't go to occupy, did you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gravid Topiary posted:

wave goodbye to the Alberta teacher's pension funds.

Those were already lost to “accounting errors”.