Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao, the chat is spamming "SUCH DEV VACATION"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

if you reply to moofia you're pranking yourself

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

6.x is gonna own

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

"Please let us have a little more time so we don't die!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It bothers me so much that they have to loving beg to not kill themselves over a video game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

going to a 4 month cycle is understandable. it does suck a little, but i'm happy to wait a bit more if it means an increase in quality and a decrease in burnout

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

WrightOfWay posted:

Another ARR Unreal is disappointing.

Thordan will kill everyone soon enough.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

they haven't talked about the cat musclewomen yet :reject:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arist posted:

lmao, the chat is spamming "SUCH DEV VACATION"

SUCH RELAXATION WAS MY INTENT!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I was bracing for a 6 month gap between patches, but they're only adding 2 weeks? Heck, that's nothing. Let the devs have more time off!!

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

I'd look forward to the patches if we got new questing zones in the patches. Maybe see other imperial provinces, like Nagxia. Would also be nice if places that were hyped up during the ShB patches but then we didn't wind up going to, such as the capital of Werlyt. Would also be quite nice if Matsuno's storyline got the conclusion it deserved with a final assault on the city of Lea Monde and the onscreen liberation of Dalmasca. A new job like Beastmaster would have made the patches more exciting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moofia Boss Val posted:

I'd look forward to the patches if we got new questing zones in the patches. Maybe see other imperial provinces, like Nagxia. Would also be nice if places that were hyped up during the ShB patches but then we didn't wind up going to, such as the capital of Werlyt. Would also be quite nice if Matsuno's storyline got the conclusion it deserved with a final assault on the city of Lea Monde and the onscreen liberation of Dalmasca. A new job like Beastmaster would have made the patches more exciting.

you understand there's going to be story right

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vitamean posted:

if you reply to moofia you're pranking yourself

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

sexpig by night posted:

you understand there's going to be story right

I don't play games to watch movies. If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd watch a movie.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ninkaze/status/1494871931056652292?s=20&t=11m6URLWjTpCKHeIh86f_w

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mazed posted:

they haven't talked about the cat musclewomen yet :reject:

This is the only thing that's bugging me about the live letter. Everything else is incredible, and I'm honestly incredulous that they're only asking for two additional weeks on the patch schedule, but also, this is conspicuous

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

King of Solomon posted:

This is the only thing that's bugging me about the live letter. Everything else is incredible, and I'm honestly incredulous that they're only asking for two additional weeks on the patch schedule, but also, this is conspicuous

I mean we got male viera with EW, I can't imagine we'll see frothgar before at the very earliest the end of 6.x

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

King of Solomon posted:

it's probably ultra low on the priority list right now, down with blue mage updates

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Moofia Boss Val posted:

two extra weeks between patches

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Moofia Boss Val posted:

What are you even talking about what were Bozja and Eureka if not new questing zones.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

On the one hand an extra two weeks per patch cycle is barely anything and they really shouldn't have to justify it to this level.

On the other, it's actually pretty interesting to hear them explain things like... how game dev works to the audience, and why it's not as simple as "just increase the budget" or "just hire more people," so this is still kind of a cool discussion.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/AeroViro/status/1494884900637331462

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Harrow posted:

On the one hand an extra two weeks per patch cycle is barely anything and they really shouldn't have to justify it to this level.

On the other, it's actually pretty interesting to hear them explain things like... how game dev works to the audience, and why it's not as simple as "just increase the budget" or "just hire more people," so this is still kind of a cool discussion.

yea it's silly they feel they have to sound so 'apologetic' about it but I do rather enjoy the explanation on a technical level to illustrate why it's more complex than 'just put more money in the box marked FF14!!!'

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Vermain posted:

going to a 4 month cycle is understandable. it does suck a little, but i'm happy to wait a bit more if it means an increase in quality and a decrease in burnout
They're doing so much back-end work in addition to plenty of new content, I'm surprised it's only this little amount of cycle extension.

Harrow posted:

It's been a real chill and informative stream so far.

Moofia Boss Val
May 14, 2021

Dr Pepper posted:

What are you even talking about what were Bozja and Eureka if not new questing zones.

Those were grind zones aka Timeless Isle clones, not questing zones like an actual questing zone. You didn't get to go into any towns or talk to townspeople or do quests there. Just kill mobs for 500 hours until you got all of your glowing Halo weapons. I liked the design of the critical engagements, though. Should be standard for FATEs going forward.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hogama posted:

They're doing so much back-end work in addition to plenty of new content, I'm surprised it's only this little amount of cycle extension.

It's been a real chill and informative stream so far.

yea I dig this vibe for LLs, nothing huge revealed in super detail (lots of cool broadstrokes stuff) but just lots of nice information from relaxed sounding devs getting us hype for what's coming.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moofia Boss Val posted:

Those were grind zones aka Timeless Isle clones, not questing zones like an actual questing zone. You didn't get to go into any towns or talk to townspeople or do quests there. Just kill mobs for 500 hours until you got all of your glowing Halo weapons. I liked the design of the critical engagements, though. Should be standard for FATEs going forward.

do you play FF blindfolded and earplugged?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Moofia Boss Val posted:

Seems like this will be a pretty lukewarm expansion cycle.

lol good post

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Moofia Boss Val posted:

I have news for you about the quest design of Final Fantasy XIV

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

OST baybee

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moofia Boss Val posted:

They... literally had all of those things.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Please if you value your time at all don't read moofia posts

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/ohgoditsranor/status/1494889093393747971?s=20&t=YyBGT3ssuo9LxGEkaLQRGw

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Very exciting updates on the way. 10/10 will continue to play every day.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

sexpig by night posted:

SUCH RELAXATION WAS MY INTENT!

TIME OFF IS MINE BY RIGHT!

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Moofia Boss Val posted:

Bozja has like 30 hours of story quests but ok lol.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Moofia Boss Val posted:

this gimmick sucks rear end

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Low level trust system is still the biggest thing for me, I'm really excited to see what kind of npc allies we get for those dungeons.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

Please if you value your time at all don't read moofia posts

Should go in the OP OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Can 6.x get Endwalker to GOTY a second year in a row