Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Is there any reputable sources on this? I have been googling and can't find poo poo

Not a single loving one but facts don’t matter anymore. Just scream the wrong thing as much as you can and people will forget about it once you start screaming the next wrong thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Powershift posted:

Not a single loving one but facts don’t matter anymore. Just scream the wrong thing as much as you can and people will forget about it once you start screaming the next wrong thing.

I heard zello chatter that they saw a family member of the woman post a comment on fb, that she did not in fact die. place as much weight on that 3rd hand account as you feel comfortable.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

thunderspanks posted:

I heard zello chatter that they saw the family of the woman post on fb that she did not in fact die. place as much weight on that 3rd hand account as you feel comfortable.

Not endorsing this internet hearsay:

https://twitter.com/artcgreen/status/1494874771317686274?s=20&t=1bLaXThBbC7b3vSYVeUokw

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Entorwellian posted:

He'll go right back to loving them in a few weeks.
the ezl, a rebel, in a two-piece, no longer loving police... for two weeks!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Powershift posted:

I mean, claiming an old lady died is a bit harder when you know, she's right there alive and well

What are the chuds going to say the woman is a clone planted by E V I L?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

I hope they're actually tagging her truck though, that would be funny.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Now people are posting “Her name was Roberta Paulson”.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
:rip: Roberta, thought of horses and died

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

I mean, claiming an old lady died is a bit harder when you know, she's right there alive and well

What are the chuds going to say the woman is a clone planted by E V I L?

She’s a robot drone wearing the old lady’s skin to infiltrate the convoy and do a false flag attack to give the police justification to reduce the convoyers weekend dance party privileges.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Sara Carter gets her dead-by-trampling scoop tossed and just comes up with another one

https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1494877913065402368?s=20&t=0CV3nUIAafl_0YElxPuY2w

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

"We're not dead yet!" - sources on the ground (trampled by horses)

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Too bad the lady at Fox News didn’t hear about the Fox News crew that got harassed and needed a cop to make an arrest.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Piquai Souban posted:

Too bad the lady at Fox News didn’t hear about the Fox News crew that got harassed and needed a cop to make an arrest.

Fox News isn’t even a trusted source for Fox News.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
The horse tactic is horrible and they described it on CBC. They rush in with horses to clear space so the cops can come in behind them. It seems like an obviously dangerous thing to do for everyone involved when they can just keep baby-stepping the line forward as they have everywhere else today. Seems like an easy way to kill a protester or maim a horse.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

They're running full throttle with the horse thing and basically saying Trudeau rode it himself.

Will co-sign that the horse tactics are not good. And cops probably lied about the "bike being thrown".

Will at the same time state that the facts of the matter is one dude got stepped on by the hind leg of a horse, and the other person was just knocked to the ground when the horse tripped over the front of the scooter. Sucks to feel like you're defending police by "well actuallying" about the details

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Why don't you just marry a horse if you love them so much?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress'em

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

infernal machines posted:

Why don't you just marry a horse if you love them so much?

I have too much love to give. I can't be tied down.

Is it too optimistic to hope that today shows that crowd control can be done relatively peacefully and safely and this will carry forward to future (and left wing?) protests? Probably.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I heard on good authority that none of those protesters were angels.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

gently caress'em

Easy, Mr. Hands!

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Meanwhile in BC...

quote:

RCMP investigate alleged attack on Coastal GasLink pipeline worksite in B.C.
Company claims 20 people attacked security, workers; no suspects identified and no arrests yet, police say

RCMP said they're investigating a "violent confrontation" at a pipeline construction site involving an unidentified group of about 20 people who allegedly threatened Coastal GasLink (CGL) employees and attending officers.

Police said they were called to the Marten Forest Service Road about 60 kilometres south of Houston, B.C., shortly after midnight on Feb. 17. They said CGL security reported violence at the site, where workers are helping build part of a 670-kilometre natural gas pipeline.

RCMP said around 20 people had allegedly attacked security guards and employees.

"So these individuals, the 20 or so masked individuals, took these employees by surprise in a very aggressive and calculated method," Chief Supt. Warren Brown told CBC News on Friday morning.

"They confronted the employees, threatened them with axes and flares and other incendiary-type devices."

Heavy equipment on-site was commandeered by the attackers and used to damage other equipment, according to CGL.

It remains unclear how many employees were on site at the time of the attack.

In an update provided Feb. 18, the company said nine employees, including security guards and contract workers, were present at the site. Two different RCMP officers, who both said they'd spoken with CGL, provided different numbers: one said 12 employees were on site, and the other said 11. Both agreed four of those people were security guards.

Police also said officers were targeted when they went to investigate.

RCMP said the road was blocked with downed trees, tar-covered stumps, wire and boards with spikes. They said as they made their way along the road, people threw smoke bombs and fire-lit sticks.

Brown said one officer was injured after he walked over a board with spikes in it, which police said was left by the attackers.

CGL said lighting and video surveillance were disabled as part of the attack, and any video and photo evidence they have, have been handed over to investigators.

RCMP media relations Cpl. Madonna Saunderson said, so far, no suspects have been identified, and no one is in custody.

Further down the road, police said there was extensive damage to heavy machinery and buildings. CGL said there were "millions of dollars in damage" but it is estimating the final cost.

Brown said the attackers used machinery at the site to damage buildings and the drill pad at the site. When officers arrived to investigate that damage, the attackers had already left, he said.

Police are appealing to the public for any information they may have about the incident. Brown said police plan to speak with employees who were attacked but that many of them "are very scared and shaken up over this."

So far, neither the police nor CGL have explicitly said whether they believe the alleged attack is tied to opposition to the pipeline.

CGL said there have been several incidents over the past "several weeks" where unknown people have used forest trails to get to that particular site and confront and intimidate workers. The company said those incidents were reported to police.

Brown said those behind the attack are not protesters and described the incident as "devious" and "evil."

"This has nothing to do with protest activity, whether it be legal or illegal," he said, "This strictly has to do with a very, very serious and significant criminal investigation."

Brown told CBC News that past protests law enforcement has observed at the site have involved people who were hostile and acting illegally, as well as those acting peacefully.

He said police would ensure that nearby residents and peaceful protesters were safe.

Coincidentally, amidst a public debate around the government using emergency measures to limit protest, a bunch of mysterious radicals appear and do an incredible amount of damage to the pipeline construction project, only to vanish back into the woods without a trace, a severe and incredible escalation from the mundane road blockade protest tactics to date.

They were so professional that they were trained in using construction equipment, able to disable video surveillance and able to vanish without giving police any leads.

Come on did this really loving happen?

Femtosecond fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 19, 2022

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

DrBox posted:

Is it too optimistic to hope that today shows that crowd control can be done relatively peacefully and safely and this will carry forward to future (and left wing?) protests?

lol. lmao,

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Femtosecond posted:

Meanwhile in BC...

Coincidentally, amidst a public debate around the government using emergency measures to limit protest, a bunch of mysterious radicals appear and do an incredible amount of damage to the pipeline construction project, only to vanish back into the woods without a severe and incredible escalation from the mundane road blockade protest tactics to date.

They were so professional that they were trained in using construction equipment, able to disable video surveillance and able to vanish without giving police any leads.

It would appear to have been far too well executed to have been the usual (mounted) suspects. Perhaps it was real?

Xaranthius
Nov 27, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Femtosecond posted:

Meanwhile in BC...

Coincidentally, amidst a public debate around the government using emergency measures to limit protest, a bunch of mysterious radicals appear and do an incredible amount of damage to the pipeline construction project, only to vanish back into the woods without a trace, a severe and incredible escalation from the mundane road blockade protest tactics to date.

:tinfoil: It was Gazprom agents protecting against foreign competitors. Putin playing some 5D chess :tinfoil:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Horsegate ©

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

today owns so much lmao

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Femtosecond posted:

Meanwhile in BC...

So somebody managed to inflict millions of dollars in damages to resource company property, and the only injury was someone who stepped on a board with a nail in it? Seems like a pretty good outcome whoever did it.

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Ahem, Shawinigan Horsekick

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Femtosecond posted:

Meanwhile in BC...

https://twitter.com/jeffadoctor/status/1494524206486364161

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://mobile.twitter.com/OttawaPolice/status/1495041862259912712
Sounds like a warning

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

They are charging on the cbc stream. It's almost over.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/_jennamoon/status/1495047532489187332

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

They're smashing vehicle windows and placing spike belts so tires get blown out if driven away

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I can't get the CBC livestream to load off their page. Anyone have an alternate link to it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

POLICE BRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY

https://i.imgur.com/4czmKGU.mp4

They didn't even brush him off, the monsters.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Let's just take a moment to think of the poor conservative who has to deal with always supporting the cops and loves to see the police take a heavy hand to unlawful protesters and at the same time scream about police brutality because they are nearly doing their job now against a bunch of alt right idiots.
Police of now become schroedinger's police force, both high and mighty and beyond reproach, and low and evil and total meanies.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
What the typical conservative hasn’t realized yet is that even though the cops are on their side, the cops don’t view the rank and file as their equals.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Deteriorata posted:

I can't get the CBC livestream to load off their page. Anyone have an alternate link to it?

same, couldn’t get it to work but CTV news has a live stream.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Nazis calling pollice Nazis :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1495076205145608194
:lol: