Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

if that sonic showing up is for real then i'm watching the movie no questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Larryb posted:

So less Rescue Rangers and more Roger Rabbit 2 feat. Chip & Dale then, I suppose that could possibly work if done right

If we get a line anywhere as good as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADrojCw6amM

I'll be content.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Nice to see John Mulany play a starring role.

I guess there's gonna be a weird meta thing about animation in general, no idea how that's gonna go. This was the movie that kinda got in the way of some of the old Disney TV revival that was happening with the new Ducktales, maybe it'll sprout something more. Maybe we'll see some forgotten IPs from the companies that Disney absorbed, and maybe something will springboard off the movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also I’ll be fine with CD not having their traditional voices if they handwave it away by saying they always sounded like that but the studio just pitched them up for the cartoons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Off the subject, they’re apparently making another live action Looney Tunes movie (this time starring John Cena):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/john-cena-coyote-vs-acme-warner-bros-1235095035/

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, they’re apparently making another live action Looney Tunes movie (this time starring John Cena):

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/john-cena-coyote-vs-acme-warner-bros-1235095035/

That actually seems like an interesting concept, hope they don't screw it up

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

That actually seems like an interesting concept, hope they don't screw it up

Apparently it’s based on this New Yorker piece from over 30 years ago:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1990/02/26/coyote-v-acme

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

I guess there's gonna be a weird meta thing about animation in general, no idea how that's gonna go. This was the movie that kinda got in the way of some of the old Disney TV revival that was happening with the new Ducktales, maybe it'll sprout something more.

Was it this one? After all, they did end up having a small Rescue Rangers cameo in the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heS7kqe-VLc

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

REMEMBER, CHIP? WHEN I KILLED GADGET, I TALKED - JUST - LIKE - THIS *voice gradually evolves into the Jaleel White Sonic voice*

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

another live action Looney Tunes movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TMOMTtAMBI&t=12s

Funky Valentine posted:

REMEMBER, CHIP? WHEN I KILLED GADGET, I TALKED - JUST - LIKE - THIS *voice gradually evolves into the Jaleel White Sonic voice*

I am now disappointed that this won't happen as it is too perfect.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 17, 2022

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Disney saw the new Space Jam and thought "let's get in on that", and they already had the "let's get the gang back together but it turns out one of us is actually evil now so we won't appear in the trailer" scripts in the pile they could switch the names around for, sure.
Dale getting 'cg-surgery' is weird because they're all CG characters already in this, but I'm guessing that's gonna be the plot point for gadget. There's no way disney would spend money on getting that kind of detail right.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm excited for the possibility that this actually takes place in the Roger Rabbitverse, but that all depends on whether the Roger Rabbit in the trailer is Roger Rabbit, the toon who was famously framed for murder in the 40s, or Roger Rabbit, the star of the fictional 1988 movie, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Clearly this Roger Rabbit is both. He was framed in the 40's and in 1988 he decided to make an autobiographical movie about the incident.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bonkers feature when?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Bonkers feature when?

He did cameo in the new DuckTales, for the record.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He did cameo in the new DuckTales, for the record.

Even after how weird the finale got, this is the still the weirdest part of the reboot.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
God new Duck Tales was so good.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Electric Phantasm posted:

Even after how weird the finale got, this is the still the weirdest part of the reboot.

Even more than the humans?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The Ducktales showrunner's pitch for a Rescue Rangers reboot sounded so good; I wish he'd been able to get that one going instead of us getting this one.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

Neeksy posted:

Disney saw the new Space Jam and thought "let's get in on that", and they already had the "let's get the gang back together but it turns out one of us is actually evil now so we won't appear in the trailer" scripts in the pile they could switch the names around for, sure.
Dale getting 'cg-surgery' is weird because they're all CG characters already in this, but I'm guessing that's gonna be the plot point for gadget. There's no way disney would spend money on getting that kind of detail right.

At least the meta approach here looks less like an excuse to be dumb and low effort like it seemed to be with Space Jam 2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hang on Disney already had their Space Jam 2, Wreck-it Ralph 2.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Even more than the humans?

We don't talk about that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Cuphead show is

fine.

I think it removes a lot of charm from the game, though.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

J2DK posted:

At least the meta approach here looks less like an excuse to be dumb and low effort like it seemed to be with Space Jam 2.

it kinda looks like poo poo tho
they aren't fooling me with chip's model

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
another thread reminded me of the existence of the Russian cult that worships the lady mouse engineer.

lol at major furry icons from kids shows.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A little ironic since Rescue Rangers had an entire episode about an evil cult.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hang on Disney already had their Space Jam 2, Wreck-it Ralph 2.

We don't talk about that.

Disney owns so much IP they have room for several more horrible orgies. Hell, they even outsource them with Kingdom Hearts. And then that Simpsons episode.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, outside of the beginning there was a distinct lack of Gadget in that trailer so I wonder what that’s about

Also they better bust out the theme song at least once during this movie

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, outside of the beginning there was a distinct lack of Gadget in that trailer so I wonder what that’s about

Also they better bust out the theme song at least once during this movie

they are going to make her the secret girlboss villain, probably given a disguise through that CG-surgery or whatever plot point, and she probably looks like a regular person until the reveal or whatever the gently caress

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neeksy posted:

they are going to make her the secret girlboss villain, probably given a disguise through that CG-surgery or whatever plot point, and she probably looks like a regular person until the reveal or whatever the gently caress

Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Everyone is remaking Food Fight and we're just going to have to live with that.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Neeksy posted:

That only worked in (recent movie based off of a popular cartoon from a few years ago, it's just a spectacular moment so spoilering it)Detective Pikachu because Ditto is by nature wonderfully creepy and made for an amazing reveal.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BioEnchanted posted:

That only worked in (recent movie based off of a popular cartoon from a few years ago, it's just a spectacular moment so spoilering it)Detective Pikachu because Ditto is by nature wonderfully creepy and made for an amazing reveal.

Oh god yeah that was fun.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hey is Arthur really over?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Arthur became a schlubby 30 year old and DW is a traffic cop.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arc Hammer posted:

Arthur became a schlubby 30 year old and DW is a traffic cop.

Sounds about right

But also lol

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
DW is definitely the type to join the force. By that I mean a self-important, entitled baby who likes ruining other people's lives.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There was no realistic fate for DW besides becoming a cop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
She could have had a promising career as the Phantom of the Supermarket.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
DW can't read you your Miranda Rights.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man, wild to see it end. Arthur was always one of those shows that I figured would go on forever, like Sesame Street... or The Simpsons :v:.

Funky Valentine posted:

There was no realistic fate for DW besides becoming a cop.

My memory of Arthur is hazy at best but iirc it's pretty unrealistic for her to be a traffic cop, she'd definitely be either Internal Affairs or an undercover cop, more opportunities for snitching there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
The animation in Big Nate fascinates me. It does a LOT of things right that most TV tier CGI projects fail at like understanding squash/stretch concepts, mixing 2D and 3D animation effectively and actually giving things proper textures to avoid that plastic look CGI assets tend to get. At the same time though I'm constantly distracted by the lighting which always feels either under lit or over lit but at a weird side angle. It's particularly bad in indoor scenes where every shot looks like all the lights are off and the only light is coming from a nearby window. I think the show is trying to play into how grimy this town is supposed to be (and credit where it's due they did a drat good job making this place look like it's falling apart) but I really don't like the effect.

Other than that the show is basically your average kid's show about life in middle school that you've seen dozens of times before. The only things really remarkable about it are that A) The main character is kind of a narcissistic little dipshit (probably the main reason I can't really get into it) and B) The show is gross as hell. Seriously there is a LOT more projectile vomiting than I was expecting. Which makes it unpleasant for me now but I'm sure 8 year old me would have loved it. Also I hear one of the main side characters is openly gay later on which is pretty cool I guess? So yeah, OK show for kid's but adults might find it grating. It's kind of worth watching at least an episode or two for the animation alone though.