Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

This is not the fault of the tarp, it is a classic case of tarp hubris. They tarped too greedily and too big

The tarp did not fail. We failed the tarp. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tarpe Diem

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the perfect sTARP

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/GoodRobinHood/status/1494006988602331139

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pro-click

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

awfully green for mid february

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the bins!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wouldn’t want to be a dustbin in shaftesburry tonight

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

SirPablo posted:

Tarpe Diem

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Nenonen posted:

Whoa, the front fell off! Is this typical?

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Lap full of window and water, then you have to get the mop and bucket out. And the tarp, known by the nautical term of "collision mat".

Fortunately it's not common, but there's nothing like the pants-making GBS threads moment you're looking out at a wall of green, feeling like you're in an aquarium, and praying the builders got it right when they put the windows in.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Tarpogenesis

Like bombogenesis, but tarps

A tarp cyclone

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

awfully green for mid february

Nobody has put a new storm video onto the internet since about 2009.

We're going to see that same video posted every major storm for the rest of our natural lives.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

what about a tarpcano

a large enough tarpcanic explosion could loft a plume of tarps all the way into the mesosphere, where they would protect the lower atmospheric layers from, like, cosmic rays or something

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

SirPablo posted:

Tarpe Diem

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
How many tarop threads are there now anyway?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SirPablo posted:

Tarpe Diem

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

endlessmonotony posted:

How many tarop threads are there now anyway?

until all know the glory of the tarp

the tarp shall not be silenced

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

SirPablo posted:

Tarpe Diem

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

my cat is norris posted:

until all know the glory of the tarp

the tarp shall not be silenced

Everywhere you look it's all tarmp, over several massive platforms. The tparm is not being silenced.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tarpinater 22: judgement day

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tarpical Cyclone

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

If tarp can lift man, it can certainly lift snow

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Koirhor posted:

Wouldn’t want to be a dustbin in shaftesburry tonight
No one knows what its like/to be a dustbin/in shaftsbury

Hopefully there are no hooligans about.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Tarposphere

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

stealie72 posted:

No one knows what its like/to be a dustbin/in shaftsbury

No one knows what it's like
To be a dustbin
To be a wastebin
In Shaftsbury

No one knows what it's like
To be lifted
To move swiftly
In Daventry

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tarphoon

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

piss tarp is real

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Must be from the BAE's Skunk Works division

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://www.inquirer.com/news/snow-squall-winter-warning-philadelphia-weather-20220219.html

I don't remember ever hearing the phrase "snow squall" before

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the warnings are only 4 years old and you’d only see them frequently if you lived somewhere with lake effect snow.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

It was weird as hell went from nice day to extremely windy can't see more than a quarter mile snowing sideways in about 5 minutes, and half an hour later it was back to nice but cold and windy.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
So it seems like we are on an interesting pattern of snow rain snow this winter

Probably normal.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tarp?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Yeah its tarp weather for real

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Philadelphia right now is currently in the 20's with absolutely insane wind gusts. Just arctic breezes that are trying to steal your soul

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The wind is howling. The wind wants bad things to happen to me

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Philadelphia right now is currently in the 20's with absolutely insane wind gusts. Just arctic breezes that are trying to steal your soul

It's been mid-20's default before gusts are even considered here for like the last 3 days in the midwest, just further proof that coastal degenerates are fundamentally incapable of dealing with adversity without whining like they've just been shot or pretending like they are some uniquely singled out demographic

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

hobbesmaster posted:

the warnings are only 4 years old and you’d only see them frequently if you lived somewhere with lake effect snow.

yeah I saw one of these for the first time todayin the Hudson Valley, and it was right!

went from calm to blustery whiteout in about 45 seconds, lasted 15 minutes, and went right back to sunny

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

It's been mid-20's default before gusts are even considered here for like the last 3 days in the midwest, just further proof that coastal degenerates are fundamentally incapable of dealing with adversity without whining like they've just been shot or pretending like they are some uniquely singled out demographic

Are you trying to say we're soft in the Delaware Valley?? Because we literally have 100 degree temperature swings in a normal calendar year these days, also blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes for some reason, the occasional earthquake for some reason, and massive floods. The only thing we don't have is wildfires and that's just because we've got more water than the wet dream of a California politician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Most places in the world don't have this kind've swing temperature wise. This is not normal