Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Evil Willow posted:

Piss vape you say? How about piss humidifier?

AITA for demanding my friend pay to clean my house?

*eagerly offers butt of pistol to teen witch*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wow looks like the piss vape is real guys

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Ahhhh ffs. Sorry! I did read the last page but obviously blanked on this one :'(

kimbo305 posted:

*eagerly offers butt of pistol to teen witch*

Yep, I deserve that!

Evil Willow fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 19, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

oh evil willow you scallywag

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Mx. posted:

I'm pretty sure this is how you keep covid at bay.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

acid bath is so much funnier then guillotine. Unironically.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA FOR SAYING I AM A REAL DOCTOR

quote:

Throwaway for privacy reasons.

So my brother 29M and I 28F do not get along very well. He has a habit of acting like Gods gift to man and our entire family enables it. So onto the issue, I am a psychiatrist and work in a high risk psychiatric facility. My brother can never decide what he wants to do and is constantly changing professions. Personally it could really not concern me less what he chooses to do. Currently he wants to own a construction company and flip houses before this it was a lawyer and before that a chef.

Now my brother constantly tells me I am not a doctor. If I am ever asked about work he feels the need to interrupt and say "well your not a real doctor so..." and invalidates whatever I was saying. One of the last times he did this we were out with a group of mutual friends. A close friend of mine had brought their new partner and she had asked if it was hard being a psychiatrist. I told her I loved my job and that like any other medical specialty it has its pros and cons but overall it was worth it to me. She says she can't imagine going into psychiatry and that was that. While I am discussing this with her my brother interrupts and says you know she isn't a real doctor she just talks to people all day. Which isn't true by the way. She kind of just looks at him and the atmosphere gets kind of awkward.

At this point I am mad but don't think it is worth ruining the night over so I ask my brother to stop telling people that and walk away. He is constantly doing this. A few nights later my parents wanted to host a family get together and invited my brother, a few close relatives, and I. I had just gotten off a particularly hard shift. Two patients had went into crisis and to end the night another had choked me and slammed my head into the wall. So I was done with this night already but didn't want to cancel. When I get to my parents I was late because of the examination and extra paperwork from the incident. As soon as I walk in the door my brother loudly says that I have no right to hold up the dinner because I'm not special. He draws everyones attention and loudly exclaims that nothing should make me late. I explain what happened at work and how sometimes days are just like this.

My brother then tells me that this is not an excuse because only real doctors get sympathy points. I snapped, I looked him right in the eye and exclaimed that I am a real doctor and I went to medical school just like every other doctor and he is just bitter because he couldn't be a grown up and stick to a job and our parents paid for all his failed career paths. I then turned around and left. Its been a few hours and my family has been saying that it was an rear end in a top hat move and I shouldn't have been that cruel to my brother so am I the rear end in a top hat?

EDIT: After writing this I called one of my brothers friends who had sent me 63 messages after my brother told them what happened. Turns out my brother has been telling people that he is a doctor after taking pictures of my degrees that are framed in my apartment office and slightly editing them. So this goes beyond what I thought and will obviously need more intervention. He told them that I had an insecurity issue and pretended to feel validated because I couldn't let him be the superior sibling. He twisted the story and said I flipped out and left after he confronted me on the issue. Who knows how many people he has lied about this too.

Edit 2: Someone said I should add this, a day earlier he had messaged me asking to "invest" in his new construction company. When I told him no he said I had no reason to disagree because I have doctor money. I thought this was him finally accepting I was a real doctor. Apparently I am only worthy of the doctor title when it benefits him.

Would yall want an update after I confront him and my parents? It will probably take a few days as I am going to speak to a lawyer first to make sure the degree thing has no legal implications on myself.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh boy howdy do I

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mx. posted:

AITA FOR SAYING I AM A REAL DOCTOR

Give me your medical degree! Never mind I’ll just take it.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for asking my kids to pray a rosary with my for my birthday?

quote:

I'm a father (55M) of three kids (15M, 20F, 10M) who I've tried to bring up in the Catholic faith, but as of recent they've become somewhat resistant to attending church on Sundays and praying rosaries. I get that it's hard to transition to everything being in person again, but I just want them to know that it's for their benefit and doing so entitles then to special blessings that will benefit them later on.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I asked my kids and wife for a very simple request as a birthday present, for them to pray a long rosary with me after dinner, due to all that's going on in the world.

They immediately objected and moaned and complained about it, saying that they had "better things to do" and that rosaries are "boring, stale, and annoying." I was immediately disheartened and offended that such a simple request for my birthday was being met with contempt, I didn't say anything and just went upstairs to process things, it really did make me sad.

About a half hour later, my 15 year old son came in and apologised to me and invited me down to pray that rosary, and we did so without any further pushback. I thanked my kids and it really made my evening.

But now I'm thinking that I essentially guilt tripped them into such and feel quite bad about it. At the same time I think that it was a reasonable request with the only cost being their time, I didn't ask for anything further. I don't know.

get off that cross, honey. somebody needs the wood

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mx. posted:

why do you need blue water to humidfy your home?

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

I think I'd go crazy if someone stole my pet, but she is chipped so maybe it'd be easier to get her back?

I would move straight to murder if someone stole one of my pet. Just.. right to barehanded bloody fists.

Dont
gently caress
With
Pets

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Evil Willow posted:

How would you not notice this immediately? Like if someone does this all the time, how would you not notice it? More importantly, how does someone make it to 11 and not understand how a humidifier works?

I’m not saying this is STDH.txt but holy poo poo

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

r/relationships: there is piss mist all over the room

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Mx. posted:

We're it me, I would simply pm Madjackal.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

AceClown posted:

r/relationships: there is piss mist all over the room

pist

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Reading about that kid who not only uses his own humidifier as a toilet but goes to other people's homes and does the same there is the closest I've ever come to emphasising with r/childfree.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Edit:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Betty Wight posted:

How would you not notice this immediately? Like if someone does this all the time, how would you not notice it? More importantly, how does someone make it to 11 and not understand how a humidifier works?

I’m not saying this is STDH.txt but holy poo poo

Think about the kind of "person" who pisses in humidifiers. What do you think his room smells like? I can see it getting lost in the shuffle.

AITA for saying it would be cool if sex robots could do chores and stuff

quote:

Had a conversation with my friends and one of us said what do you guys think of sex robots. In response, I said I look forward to that time bc then there should be robots that can do chores and stuff. One of my female friends misheard me and said that it was a misogynistic idea and it was rude to want to have a robot that could have sex with you and do chores. At first I explained that I meant that at the time where sex robots exist, I would expect robots that do my chores to exist as well. But then I thought about it and told her that I didn’t agree that it was misogynistic if I wanted a robot that I could have sex with and have it do my chores. She got pissed and said that it was and I wouldn’t understand as a male. But the bottom line is that it’s a robot that you can have sex with and can do chores, I didn’t even mention gender. It could be male, female, whatever, for whoever wants said robot, just a robot that does work and you can have sex with. It would be like an attractive roomba or washing machine. Was that so wrong? AITA?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7gi57NJDds

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Invisible Clergy posted:

Think about the kind of "person" who pisses in humidifiers. What do you think his room smells like? I can see it getting lost in the shuffle.

AITA for saying it would be cool if sex robots could do chores and stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7gi57NJDds

I saw that link going to frank talking about his bang maid but yours was good too

I guess I kind of agree with the guy in that he wants a souped up fleshlight that does his dishes and laundry, and there isn't anything intrinsically misogynistic about that... but she has a point too when since forever women have been shunted into the sex chores robot role and that the guy likely only values women for their ability to fulfill that role

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
P sure women would also be down for a hunky sex robot that also does the dishes and cleaning

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

P sure women would also be down for a hunky sex robot that also does the dishes and cleaning

And you don't even have to worry if they wash their own rear end.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not letting MIL meet her first grandchild?

I (27f) have 4 daughters from a previous relationship. […]
Could have bolded this first line too. Or maybe I’m just (not) old fashioned.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

I had my tonsils out when I was 39 and it’s nothing like getting it done when you are 8. It’s probably one of the most painful things someone can go through because hey you can’t eat or fuckin drink.

You literally have to be doped up to tolerate that pain.

I couldn’t eat real solid food for like 2 weeks and even 3+ weeks later there was still pain.

On the flip side I dunno why they are keeping her there for 36 hours mine was out patient and so was my turbinate reduction :shrug:

You definitely need someone there to take you home after that poo poo.

It suuuuucccckkksssss

Yeah I had tonsils at 28 and it's no joke. Also when I discovered that certain pain killers make me extremely nauseated. Vomiting over your tonsillectomy scars = not good.

Word of advice to anyone else though, don't touch your turbinates or anything in that area unless it's actual cancer or something. There are some horrifying literal fate-worse-than-death possible outcomes. I had a turbinate coblation that went fine (though didn't actually help) and holy poo poo, if I had done a little more googling on that one no loving way would I have let the doc touch them.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I (27F) don't know if his (33M) messy-ness is a red flag or if I am being picky?!

quote:

I am dating someone new. I was in his car today and his car is soooo dirty.. food crumbs everywhere, blankets and things everywhere. I also went to his house and his house is messy... clothing all over bed and bedroom floor, food and crumbs on the kitchen floor.

Lastly, his nails are very long and his beard sometimes really needs trimming.

Am I being picky/naggy and judging him based on my own hygiene standards?

Tl;dr: new man I am dating quite messy, does not cut his nails. Am I being too picky?

No, no, he sounds like a real keeper

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Captain Hygiene posted:

I (27F) don't know if his (33M) messy-ness is a red flag or if I am being picky?!

Tifu when I found out my "boyfriend" was an overly large and old raccoon

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
We all know a literal raccoon would be better than half these men

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Very obviously, he's made a seven year pact with the Devil and can't wash or trim his nails. Wait it out and you'll have a handsome and rich boyfriend.

https://www.worldoftales.com/fairy_tales/Brothers_Grimm/Margaret_Hunt/Bearskin.html#gsc.tab=0

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Evil Willow posted:

You dumbass!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

TheWeedNumber posted:

You dumbass!

one to talk since this was already brought up and op unnecessarily apologized

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

We all know a literal raccoon would be better than half these men

I get a little sad at the expression "men are dogs". If men were half as good-hearted as dogs this planet would be a paradise.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for posting the same story on the same page someone else posted even after Teen Witch asked us to pay the minimum amount of attention to this poo poo?

quote:

Now I know this sounds bad but...

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mx. posted:

But now I'm thinking that I essentially guilt tripped them into such 

From what I know about Catholicism isn't this essentially teaching them what being a Catholic is all about?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Uncle Enzo posted:

I get a little sad at the expression "men are dogs". If men were half as good-hearted as dogs this planet would be a paradise.

Dogs clean their asses. They're kind of known for it.

Saw this article today and was reminded of crab cake American Girl Store guy.

(IL) I was removed from the American Girl Cafe for my gender. Do I have legal recourse?

quote:

I’m a 31 year old man. I am not a pedophile. A few years ago I was forced to go to the American Girl Doll cafe in Chicago for my nieces birthday and I tried the crab cakes which turned out to be amazing. Since then I’ve had a hankering for them so recently I returned on my own. I indulged in 4 glasses of sparkling brut with the crab cakes but I was not drunk. The staff asked me to leave because I did not have a child with me. I understand it’s a bit weird to be a man in a AGD store but rest assured I was only there for the food. Is this illegal?
r/relationships: I am not a pedophile.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 19, 2022

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

limp_cheese posted:

From what I know about Catholicism isn't this essentially teaching them what being a Catholic is all about?

Mind numbing repetition and observance of form over spirituality? Sounds like the catholicism I grew up with alright.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

Mind numbing repetition and observance of form over spirituality? Sounds like the catholicism I grew up with alright.

I think they meant the guilt part, which, yeah, that's a key part of Catholicism, in addition to what you said.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mx. posted:

get off that cross, honey. somebody needs the wood

for the non-catholics, a long rosary would be 50 hail marys, 6 Our Fathers, 12 Glory Be's, and takes around 25-30 minutes. So he wanted to tie down 3 wavering catholics and force them to do the most boring thing in the entire religion

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

limp_cheese posted:

That's religion for you.

AITA for splitting my children’s inheritance unevenly?

quote:

I am in my 60s and have three children in their 30s - Anna, Bella and Clara.

I was a single parent since my kids were young and my only asset is my house. It was cheap when I bought it but is quite valuable now, more for the land than the modest house. I live off a pension and a little casual work.

Anna has two degrees, full time work, a child and a partner. They are comfortable but they rent and have asked me a couple of times if I would help them buy a house. I feel it’s a risk to take a mortgage out on my own home given I have very little income so said no. This has caused some tension.

Bella is single and also has two degrees and full time work. She bought a small apartment about 10 years ago and has a small mortgage. She is very good with money, I can only think of one time she asked me to borrow money and she paid me back in a matter of weeks.

Clara still lives with me in the family home. She didn’t finish high school due to some learning difficulties and mental health issues. She has started a few courses without success and has tried living with friends before but it hasn’t worked out. She works part time but doesn’t earn much and isn’t great with money. To be honest I really like her living here, especially as I get older. She does the gardening and is good company.

Anna and Clara don’t get along. Anna thinks I baby Clara and Clara thinks Anna has a superiority complex. Bella gets along with everyone.

I recently wrote my will and asked Bella to come with me to the lawyer. I told her I want her to be sole executor so that Anna and Clara don’t fight. At the lawyer’s office I explained that I want my estate to be split in thirds with one part to Anna and two parts to Bella. I told Bella she would be responsible for looking after Clara with what would be Clara’s third (I know this is not legally enforceable but I trust her to do this). I also put a caveat that so long as Clara wishes to live in the house it can’t be sold. This delays any inheritance to the other two, but I just don’t want Clara to end up homeless. As soon as she wants to leave it gets sold and the proceeds split. I trust Bella to be able to help Clara use her portion towards an apartment if she wanted to.

I ran this by Bella and she just said “it’s your will, I’m not going to tell you what to do”. The lawyer however said I was going to make life difficult for Bella with this setup. I asked Bella again if it was ok but she refused to give an opinion, she just made a joke about how if she’s lucky she’ll die before me.

I thought it was a good solution to make sure Clara is ok when I’m gone but I don’t know if I’m being unfair to Bella. I know Anna will think the situation is unfair, but I don’t want her forcing the sale of the house as soon as I die.

After consideration I stuck to my original plan, but this might make me an AH. If I am, I’m not sure what to do that will ensure Clara is ok without me.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

WoodrowSkillson posted:

for the non-catholics, a long rosary would be 50 hail marys, 6 Our Fathers, 12 Glory Be's, and takes around 25-30 minutes. So he wanted to tie down 3 wavering catholics and force them to do the most boring thing in the entire religion

Someone forgot about performing the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pookah posted:

Someone forgot about performing the Stations of the Cross on Good Friday!

It's at least different prayers and some loser is probably carrying around a cross made of 2x4s and looks silly