Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

every time I think of Caveman Science Fiction it makes me sad how that idiot became so much of a hack afterwards

It's very important we all know his strong female cyborg science waifu is shaved, okay?

Edit: the proudest snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that's like saying you're a component of an AI because you work for a corporation

do organizations make decisions that are emergent and possibly different from the individuals that make them up?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Bar Ran Dun posted:

do organizations make decisions that are emergent and possibly different from the individuals that make them up?

you lose 1d6 SAN points

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
language is a tool and is baked into the human brain deep down in the lobes. ergo all humans are cyborgs. i will answer no questions and accept the nobel for this take

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I just became a toilet

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I just became a toilet

congratulations, the happiest toilet

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

language is a tool and is baked into the human brain deep down in the lobes. ergo all humans are cyborgs. i will answer no questions and accept the nobel for this take

ask not what's baked in your lobes, but what your lobes are baking in.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I just became a toilet

no horny

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

I just became a toilet

:chast2b:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

tokin opposition posted:

Nintendo, I regret to inform us, is the Apple of videogames. Ever looked into how utterly weird and wonky their hardware is, how pointlessly restrictive their software is. Gonna have to cancel some of our faves cspam.

The proletarian video game console is PCs and emulators.

If you have kids, these drawbacks turn into features. Nintendo won't even let my kids into the eShop to browse or look at things without passing a login check first. That rocks so hard.

Apple, Amazon, and Google not only let them in the store, they let your kids get all the way to checkout before prompting for a password, and by that point you might already have a meltdown brewing over whatever insanely shiny thing they are being tricked into wanting.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Given how human beings have specialized brain regions for different kinds of thought and coherency of will is an illusion, are we any different from corporations?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you lose 1d6 SAN points

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

endlessmonotony posted:

Given how human beings have specialized brain regions for different kinds of thought and coherency of will is an illusion, are we any different from corporations?

actually your ego and individual consciousness is the illusion. no individual brain or brain region is thinking anything, it's all just a delusional cosmic consciousness pretending it isn't god

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
illusions all the way down

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

until the turtles start, at least

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

until the turtles start, at least

Turtle? What's a turtle op?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the turtles are illusions, but illusions are real.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

tokin opposition posted:

Turtle? What's a turtle op?

ever heard of a tortoise?

same thing

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

your brain is where thoguhts physically exist

when you eat pig brain you are eating a pigs memory, its reason, its love and hate and fear (many cultures eat brain)

when you imbibe alcohol it is not a veil put over your conciousness, not a disconnect between the physical and the spiritual. you have altered your essence in that moment, the drunken you is what you are reduced to

english is not defined as words and grammar, not a dictionary. English is correctly defined as a chemistry, an exact sequence of synapses in the brain, their 3 dimensional alignments. Engliush exists in the tissue of its speakers, not in books or recordings

To say someone's ideas are good is to say the fat inside the bone of their skull is sloshing around in the appropriate cocktail of brain juice with correct electrical timings

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nothing is real. Everything is a tortoise. -Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Assassins Creed

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
*me, eatin le epic bacon*
"nom nom so good"
*ghastly spectral pig's head appears before me*
"SUFFER AS I HAVE SUFFERED. NONE SHALL ESCAPE.
"so THAT just happened..."

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

According to postmodernism, you are a spooky ghost.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tokin opposition posted:

According to postmemerism, you are a spoopy ghost

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
according to other people in the cod lobby you are gay

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

in a postmodernism framework, marx, or communism broadly, is actually the spooky ghost, or more specifically, a specter, but one who is not yet quite dead

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Kitfox88 posted:

according to other people in the cod lobby you are gay

I read cod as the fish and it was still funny

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Antonymous posted:

your brain is where thoguhts physically exist

when you eat pig brain you are eating a pigs memory, its reason, its love and hate and fear (many cultures eat brain)

when you imbibe alcohol it is not a veil put over your conciousness, not a disconnect between the physical and the spiritual. you have altered your essence in that moment, the drunken you is what you are reduced to

english is not defined as words and grammar, not a dictionary. English is correctly defined as a chemistry, an exact sequence of synapses in the brain, their 3 dimensional alignments. Engliush exists in the tissue of its speakers, not in books or recordings

To say someone's ideas are good is to say the fat inside the bone of their skull is sloshing around in the appropriate cocktail of brain juice with correct electrical timings

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

ever heard of a tortoise?

same thing

I've never seen a tortoise... But I understand what you mean

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That image is Art.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

christmas boots posted:

I've never seen a tortoise... But I understand what you mean

it's like a turtle but with cannons on its back

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Antonymous posted:

intersections of material things are generally regarded as things. zizek gives the example of a shoreline, while virtual and dynamic it is a thing that can be pointed at.

ideas and the self and even the zeitgeist are similarly something we could see plainly and point at.

it’s weak dialectics to retreat into a position of the idea or self as not existing. the stronger positions are that both the material and idea are nothing or that both have existence or being (though this second option is always religious).

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

david mitchell voice:] hans, are we the reppies?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Qualia of Purple was a PUA peacocking manual

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/MikeBurgersburg/status/1495198842064670724?t=PRasEtfwkVv_e5LhisL7AA&s=19

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
In the time of NFTs I stole a monkey

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/shrecknet/status/1495430278894002187

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

@shrecknet is a good as all hell twitname

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my shoeshine boy just hanged himself. left a note, said "all my apes gone."

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

but can you even cash these things out. I guess you could spend the ethereum on pizza and tesla apps or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Okay i give up. how do these crypto currencies work as far as securing them and proving who owns which wallet? did users give opensea their wallet key/password for some convenience or other reason? Otherwise I can't understand why the site being hacked leads to people losing their money.