Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Jaws 4? I raise you... Alpacanado

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The alpaca 4 sounds like the name of a group Sir Ken would have insisted on giving the heaviest sentence as prosecutor.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Sir Ken and constabarbie A. Raynor may not be the crime fighting duo Britain wants... nor be the crime fighting duo Britain asked for, but together they stand... Tough On Crime.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Good news, we can be foie gras eating, fur wearing bourgeoisie again...

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1494963657821851650

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

how long before I can start making gin at home out of sawdust like the paups of olde

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

backsliding is fun! :shepicide:

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

kecske posted:

how long before I can start making gin at home out of sawdust like the paups of olde

No no, YOU can't do it. But you can import your sawdust gin from other countries.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pablo Bluth posted:

This was never banned in France, or several other European countries so we could have unbanned it whenever we wanted anyway.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Pablo Bluth posted:

quote:

The BBC has been told that Mr Rees Mogg believes the government should not be imposing restrictions on consumers.

I want lead paint :bahgawd:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Hadley Freeman becoming a parody of herself in todays interview

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1494967951673413635?s=21

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"all living creatures are either male or female".

Extremely basic biology.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Furiously yelling at the doctor to tell me whether the covid is male or female so I know whether I like or dislike masks.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Noxville posted:

*interviewing author of book where the bad guys are a turbo-misogynistic country that publicly executes people for Gender Treachery*

"Hey do you hate trans people as much as me???"

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Guavanaut posted:

"all living creatures are either male or female".
and the existence of demonstrable counterexamples does not disprove this

Hey look what tab I still had open
https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1493960848066453510

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Noxville posted:

A reply below is great:

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1494994311812980736?s=20&t=7lbFwlKMaErlKHn0yPEqjQ

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

OwlFancier posted:

Furiously yelling at the doctor to tell me whether the covid is male or female so I know whether I like or dislike masks.

Viruses aren't alive.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This was never banned in France, or several other European countries so we could have unbanned it whenever we wanted anyway.

That's because something something 'heritage product' though, I'm not sure the UK could argue that as easily.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I thought the whole idea was that the UK was going to ban the importation of fur and duck liver post brexit as a performative sign to prove that it was better than the savage euroman, and now is not because someone close to Mogg complained.

Or maybe it was one of the respondents to his Sun poll worried for their mink stoles.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Noxville posted:

Haha I came to post this. I was reading the interview without looking at the name attached. The initial questions on trans issues seemed tame enough and made sense as Atwood's opinions on the issue are hard to pin down but when she kept going at it I scrolled up to check and actually laughed out loud when I saw it was Freeman.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mega Comrade posted:

Haha I came to post this. I was reading the interview without looking at the name attached. The initial questions on trans issues seemed tame enough and made sense as Atwood's opinions on the issue are hard to pin down but when she kept going at it I scrolled up to check and actually laughed out loud when I saw it was Freeman.

Ugh. Of course it was. I remember when she used to write fairly harmless columns about fashion in the Graun like a decade ago but she really has gone full brainworms hasnt she?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

feedmegin posted:

Ugh. Of course it was. I remember when she used to write fairly harmless columns about fashion in the Graun like a decade ago but she really has gone full brainworms hasnt she?

As was the fashion at the time

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
do guardian people get their names from a sort of middleclass twat algorithm

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

endlessmonotony posted:

Viruses aren't alive.

There's still huge debate about this fyi. It could go either way.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Guavanaut posted:

I thought the whole idea was that the UK was going to ban the importation of fur and duck liver post brexit as a performative sign to prove that it was better than the savage euroman, and now is not because someone close to Mogg complained.

Or maybe it was one of the respondents to his Sun poll worried for their mink stoles.

Ah yeah apparently domestic production remains banned, still though.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Borrovan posted:

and the existence of demonstrable counterexamples does not disprove this

Hey look what tab I still had open
https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1493960848066453510

and in a sentence, "Susie Dent often works on a tv programme with two mumpsimuses."

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011

jiggerypokery posted:

Jaws 4? I raise you... Alpacanado

I have some great news for you.

(It's pretty terrible, but the amount of puns is kinda impressive)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Imagine just doing stuff without actually caring, or needing to care, how humiliatingly badly you do it

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Ohhai posted:

I have some great news for you.

(It's pretty terrible, but the amount of puns is kinda impressive)

This looks bad for starmer

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Proletarian_Fen/status/1494714148453863426

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Who are they actually?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
if the lord jaysis happened upon that scene he would snatch that cross off her and batter them both to a pulp with it

he really did have a filthy temper on him by all accounts

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

killerwhat posted:

Who are they actually?

The leader and deputy leader of the Labour party.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
More like Badley Freebad!!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

killerwhat posted:

Who are they actually?

Jayda Fransen & Paul Golding of Britain First or whatever variant they're on now.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

killerwhat posted:

Who are they actually?
Fascists.

e:

fuctifino posted:

The leader and deputy leader of the Labour party.
f, b

Real edit god dammit Jaeluni you ruined my joke :argh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

killerwhat posted:

Who are they actually?

Jayda Fransen & Paul Golding, of Britain First. Or possibly Fransen is formerly. Couple of absolute cunts.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I see. Well google said they were the same but I guess from what you say actually tater tots are just hash browns

Tater tots are, like, half an inch long. You can use a croquette, I have making tater tot casserole over here, but no they are not the same. Just like 'Canadian bacon' is not the same as proper British bacon despite what you would think stop saying that Americans.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

feedmegin posted:

Tater tots are, like, half an inch long. You can use a croquette, I have making tater tot casserole over here, but no they are not the same. Just like 'Canadian bacon' is not the same as proper British bacon despite what you would think stop saying that Americans.

americans know it just means ham in the us (versus actual back or even peameal bacon in canada).

anyway yeah a tater tot is shredded potatoes molded together and deep fried. there is no breading and they have actual texture. those croquettes are mashed potatoes breaded and fried, so they’re soft and gooey in the middle.

tater tot casserole is overrated, the best thing to do with tater tots is cover them with giardiniera, bacon, and cheese sauce like some kind of thoroughly perverted nacho

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

When I was in Italy I had the most gorgeous thin-sliced bacon I've ever tasted for the first few days. Then they got regular bacon on the 2nd week, so I asked the chatty English speaking waiter what happened to the nice bacon and he said they didn't have enough english guests to get 'english bacon' so they used lightly toasted prosciutto instead.

I have never gone back to regular bacon since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The new trade bill will legalize importing tater tots covered in giardia.