Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just played a round of bowling. The online bowling game they have up is not chill. I hope there is an online mode where you can play a turn based bowling with longer time limits. I kind of miss the weight of the wiimote for bowling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Yeah the 16 person battle royale style bowling was kind of weird

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tennis and the sword fighting game both own.

Edit: anyone reading these reactions, keep in mind I love Wii Sports and still play it a few times a year. If you didn’t like Wii sports this probably won’t change your mind.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 19, 2022

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Tennis felt a bit better than what I remember with Wii sports.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Tennis and swords is cool. Bowling Battle Royale blows.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Bowling was more fun when I came in 2nd. They should let you keep playing rather than spectate though.

Got in three rounds of sword fighting with each type of sword, two tennis matches, and two bowling matches.

It was pretty fun… hope they just have casual bowling through.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bowling Royale owns actually

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
bowling royale is so good. i may be slightly biased because i won my first game but it rules imo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The tie breaker in sword fighting is great. The arena gets really tiny.

I really hope in the full game they have a more chill bowling alley with the old Wii Sports bowling music. They'd better let me take a Mii online in the full version instead of a Splatoon reject.

Battle Royale bowling is a good mode but what I want most out of this game is to be able to do chill online bowling matches with a group of friends that doesn't have a short time limit.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 19, 2022

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

When are the other test periods?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bowling seems really basic and stripped down (and the lanes feel narrower?). Hope that's just for the eliminator. I feel like I had a lot more control over the ball/spin with the Wiimote.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Feels like they just lifted the bowling out of Clubhouse Games

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Spacebump posted:

The tie breaker in sword fighting is great. The arena gets really tiny.

It was a pleasant surprise to see it happen after my matchup went 1-1 after three rounds. I believe that's how it worked in the original swordplay duel in Wii Sports Resort, too.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

When are the other test periods?

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
How many swings before the sword breaks in wii/switch sports

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

How many swings before the sword breaks in wii/switch sports

Depends how close you are to the TV and if you wear the wrist strap on your joycon.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

interpunct posted:

It was a pleasant surprise to see it happen after my matchup went 1-1 after three rounds. I believe that's how it worked in the original swordplay duel in Wii Sports Resort, too.

Wwow all the people illegally talking about the test itt are gonna get shot by nintendos cops

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah we're good it says to not talk about it on social media but this isn't social media. It's antisocial media

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Let's make a deal, Nintendo. Release Mother 3 on the Switch and in exchange I will ban everyone who talks about the Switch Sports Online Play Test.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Let's make a deal, Nintendo. Release Mother 3 Golden Sun 3 on the Switch and in exchange I will ban everyone who talks about the Switch Sports Online Play Test.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Golden Sun 3 was real bad

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006

hatty posted:

Golden Sun 3 was real bad

What you mean? Dark Dawn wasn't real.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Or doesn’t matter if a game was good or bad. It was a game that they played at some point in their life, so now they want to and should be able to keep buying it forever and ever

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm fine with paying again for a game if I wanna play it ten years after it came out, just give me the dang option Nintendo. :mad:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I want golden sun 4

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want the two rocket slime games we never got here

Put them in a three pack, I'll buy two copies

Charge a hundred bucks extra and include that slime controller you make for every console I'll buy it just please

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I want a new Dragon Quest Monsters games.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Depends how close you are to the TV and if you wear the wrist strap on your joycon.

You said "strap on"

Huh huh uh h uh huh huh
Ha ha ha ha ha

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Zurtilik posted:

I want a new Dragon Quest Monsters games.

Would also like some new info on all the Dragon Quest games announced this year.

Treasures might be Monsters-esque game, but they’ve shown so little of it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

hatty posted:

Golden Sun was real bad

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Palmtree Panic posted:

Would also like some new info on all the Dragon Quest games announced this year.

Treasures might be Monsters-esque game, but they’ve shown so little of it.

Now that the bad music man is dead they are reworking the title into a Sylvando focused spin-off complete with big band music numbers.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apparently in the licensing fine print for Switch Sports there was mention about the title using AMD Fidelity Super Resolution. Would be neat if Nintendo updated previous titles and continued to use this for future titles. Could breathe a little bit more graphical prowess in the 2nd half of the console’s life.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I wonder how that's going to gel with Nintendo's tendency to not anti-alias their games at all

FSR is really designed to run after AA

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

LuckyCat posted:

Apparently in the licensing fine print for Switch Sports there was mention about the title using AMD Fidelity Super Resolution. Would be neat if Nintendo updated previous titles and continued to use this for future titles. Could breathe a little bit more graphical prowess in the 2nd half of the console’s life.
That's the switch pro sauce everyone has been talking about. Supposedly it gonna show up more in future stuff.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1495108673634549763?t=yMPzDCQ8HZu0Va6EaZpK2w&s=19

All good games. King of Dragons is especially fun.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

mandatory lesbian posted:

I want golden sun 4

Golden Sun is much, much better in my memories than in real life. It should stay dead for its own good.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I actually still have fun playing gs1 and 2 tbh, and yeah sure its nostalgia but idc

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
*tears welling up in my eyes thinking about the shipping wars of 2005*

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Nintendo should remake Golden Sun 1 & 2. They were good games back in the day, according to my nostalgia.

The DS one was underwhelming and ended on a cliffhanger that’ll never get resolved.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

That's the switch pro sauce everyone has been talking about. Supposedly it gonna show up more in future stuff.

I hope there’s a pro sauce to make games hit 30fps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
The day I became an adult was the day I realized Golden Sun wasn't good, it's just that my only experience with jRPGs up to that point was Pokemon.

I remember vouching for Isaac in SSB Brawl. I was a fool.