Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

that's the part i've never understood. even if everything they were saying was true and correct, what exactly is it supposed to do? it's clear that everything and everyone is following the "fake" laws, it's also clear that the state doesn't want to follow the "real" laws since it made up this whole charade to obscure them, so what then? do they think the judge is going to look at one of their big books and realize "oh my god, you're absolutely right!" and everything will go back to how things are supposed to be? or will it cause all fake judges to literally turn into ashes? or they'll somehow spark a revolution when everyone realizes they were wrong?

it's a species of esoteric belief. being a qanoner or that sort of conspiracy theorist is like being part of a mystery cult. emotionally, it probably feels very rewarding - you feel like you have some secret knowledge that the rest of the world doesn't have, because they haven't been initiated into the mysteries like you have. now, with the internet, you can play mystery cult all day long without leaving your house, to the point that the mystery world seems more real than the meat world in which the rest of us buy our groceries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

This is how all American media operates. It's all heavy propoganda and click bait to promote the capitalist ruling class.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

These people think kettling is when police stand only in front of you and you can leave in any other direction you wish to.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

that's the part i've never understood. even if everything they were saying was true and correct, what exactly is it supposed to do? it's clear that everything and everyone is following the "fake" laws, it's also clear that the state doesn't want to follow the "real" laws since it made up this whole charade to obscure them, so what then? do they think the judge is going to look at one of their big books and realize "oh my god, you're absolutely right!" and everything will go back to how things are supposed to be? or will it cause all fake judges to literally turn into ashes? or they'll somehow spark a revolution when everyone realizes they were wrong?

It's part of the feeling of control and assuring you're the good guy in the situation. Q-nuts and sovcits run this mentality of 'we're losing but also on the verge of winning' (which fittingly is a trait of fascist propaganda) because it covers all bases with however you feel of the situation. Bad thing happened? Well of course because of the deep state! Good thing happened! The deep state is on the ropes!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

MasterSitsu posted:

its not pointed out enough how a big difference between this and BLM is these people show their faces all the time, film their own crime sprees, almost as if they were aware it was not going to bite them in the rear end/and shocked and appalled if it did

yesterday a bunch of them were having a huddle loudly planning to move the trucks to frustrate the police operation - just openly conspiring to obstruct police on stream with faces uncovered

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Lol watching cbc on tv and there's a ton of guys livestreaming their faces as they get herded back by police. One of them's going to gently caress up walking backward like that and fall on their rear end straight into the cops.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The nYT removed the "at gunpoint" from the headline but left "sometimes at gunpoint" in the first paragraph.

Sarah Maslin Nir covers breaking news for the Metro section. She was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for her series “Unvarnished,” an investigation into New York City’s nail salon industry that documented the exploitative labor practices and health issues manicurists face. @SarahMaslinNir

From standing the exploited working class to lying for astroturfed chuds, what a turn.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://twitter.com/chorkins/status/1495089918846115846

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

eXXon posted:

The nYT removed the "at gunpoint" from the headline but left "sometimes at gunpoint" in the first paragraph.

Sarah Maslin Nir covers breaking news for the Metro section. She was a Pulitzer Prize finalist for her series “Unvarnished,” an investigation into New York City’s nail salon industry that documented the exploitative labor practices and health issues manicurists face. @SarahMaslinNir

From standing the exploited working class to lying for astroturfed chuds, what a turn.

To her credit she has posted a video and a picture of two separate moments in the clearing where guns were drawn.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Someone get a screen grab of the woman in the rainbow coat with the pigeon on her head

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Karach posted:

it's a species of esoteric belief. being a qanoner or that sort of conspiracy theorist is like being part of a mystery cult. emotionally, it probably feels very rewarding - you feel like you have some secret knowledge that the rest of the world doesn't have, because they haven't been initiated into the mysteries like you have. now, with the internet, you can play mystery cult all day long without leaving your house, to the point that the mystery world seems more real than the meat world in which the rest of us buy our groceries.

i know it's probably this, but i still have trouble believing that they could be so detached from reality while still having the capacity to physically get to and into a courthouse

though from videos i've seen it appears that tasers are extremely effective at reconnecting them with reality very quickly

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

eXXon posted:

We already got a bunch of dumbass journalists thinking this is the same as BLM. If people drove up to Canada to protest a cop murder, these idiots would call it an invasion and how cops have the right to defend the country with military warfare.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol they've got backhoes dragging the trucks off the street.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Le Saboteur posted:

Lol they've got backhoes dragging the trucks off the street.

video?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Bilirubin posted:

Someone get a screen grab of the woman in the rainbow coat with the pigeon on her head

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1495086709612195840?s=20&t=R8v20xkIg1p51lzsDToQMA

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

It's best to understand it as a cargo cult. It's what happens when a person who's ignorant of the law tries to use jargon and cheat codes unlock their desired result. Don't worry about the logic of it, because they certainly don't.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

All I see with this tweet is that we're just years away from cops going 'You get what you deserve' to just anyone that isn't rich and white. Even brownshirts get the club.

Man this is going to be so hosed.
"years away"? they do this all the time already lmao what the gently caress are you talking about

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Yeah, wouldn't they usually be held until they can be fit into the schedule? Judges rarely if ever work weekends. Especially long weekends.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It was on the CBC coverage thats live on YouTube on one of the video windows.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the only thing that is remarkable about the police response to the situation in Ottawa this weekend is how restrained the SQ skullcrackers have been even when effecting arrests

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Pigeon came along to instigate a coo d'etat.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

wit posted:

lol

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Oh drat it's as windy there as it is in Hamilton right now. So it's freezing and incredibly windy, just absolutely shittt weather to be standing around in.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cracked under sustained pepper spraying. Wimps.

Also that poor birb is probably cold.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
peacefully honking at 4am

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Juul-Whip posted:

"years away"? they do this all the time already lmao what the gently caress are you talking about

I should have phrased it better. Brownshirts are going to get it next years down the road. Any protestor is going to get hosed once cops realize that anyone is free game. The poor, left and minorities have already been hosed. It's just a gradual climb on the cops' pecking order of who they could gently caress up and get away with.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I want to know if that one Sikh flag in the crowd is actually being held by a Sikh person.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

RBC posted:

Yeah, wouldn't they usually be held until they can be fit into the schedule? Judges rarely if ever work weekends. Especially long weekends.

Yeah, I work in law and it is absolutely bananas that these guys are getting hearings on a Saturday during a long weekend on such short notice. Judges are mostly very conservative so I assume this is their way of tacitly supporting the chuds

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

I want to know if that one Sikh flag in the crowd is actually being held by a Sikh person.

sikhs are capable of being poo poo brains too

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

Yeah, I work in law and it is absolutely bananas that these guys are getting hearings on a Saturday during a long weekend on such short notice. Judges are mostly very conservative so I assume this is their way of tacitly supporting the chuds

It seems like mainly the leaders of the protest are being afforded these early hearings. Possibly for optics reasons so it doesn't look like they're being TOO hard on them. But I suspect the other arrestees aren't getting the same treatment.

Le Saboteur has issued a correction as of 19:41 on Feb 19, 2022

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

wit posted:

is nice... high five

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

RBC posted:

one would expect they will not be very favorably disposed

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

It seems like mainly the leaders of the protest are being afforded these early hearings. Possibly for optics reasons so it doesn't look like they're being TOO hard on them. But I suspect the other arrestees are getting the same treatment.

This is going to be another January 6 kind of ruckus where they'll get bail and probably 3 months in jail and act like they're in Gitmo.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

peacefully honking at 4am

peacefully trying to burn down an apartment building

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

vyelkin posted:

peacefully trying to burn down an apartment building

Freedom fires

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
does Ottawa even have the capacity to jail a few hundred protesters? I'm guessing the judges were told ahead of time to be ready, we're doing arrests this weekend.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

thanks! Sad its the drab coat and not the coat of many colors

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

RealityWarCriminal posted:

does Ottawa even have the capacity to jail a few hundred protesters? I'm guessing the judges were told ahead of time to be ready, we're doing arrests this weekend.

According to my partner who was part of a mass arrest (215 or so) protest at DND HQ on the canal, yes but it was not very comfortable. Reports from yesterday was they were quickly processing most and then releasing them on conditions

e. they were 6 per cell. Mind this was late 80s so who knows if those facilities still exist

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Again, it's just amazing how childish these people are. "They did it the wrong way" "We were peaceful" You dumb gently caress, what did you think would happen when you challenged state power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Again, it's just amazing how childish these people are. "They did it the wrong way" "We were peaceful" You dumb gently caress, what did you think would happen when you challenged state power?

they expected the cops to turn around and help them storm parliament