Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

im sure the DNC crowd loved seeing their unproblematic faves like washington, andrew jackson, and reagan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

His Purple Majesty posted:

Remember the collective groan and eye roll everyone did when the CIA revealed isis k in a desperate bid to convince the American public to stay in Afghanistan, and the minute we left we never heard anything about them ever again?

lmfao, completely forgot about that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Remember the collective groan and eye roll everyone did when the CIA revealed isis k in a desperate bid to convince the American public to stay in Afghanistan, and the minute we left we never heard anything about them ever again?

What's the K, kabul? I have no knowledge of this or at least memory

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the K, kabul? I have no knowledge of this or at least memory

Khorasan, an old name for Afghanistan

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Now now we heard some reports about the brutal Taliban violating human rights for killing some ISIS types without a trial or some bullshit like that.

Which is extra hilarious if you remember all the trials the US held for suspected terrorists.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

"isisk" sounds like Popeye wrote up the intelligence briefing

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The US military bombed a Syrian airfield and accomplished nothing because we had a bunch of cruise missiles that were getting close to their expiration date.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

GWBBQ posted:

The US military bombed a Syrian airfield and accomplished nothing because we had a bunch of cruise missiles that were getting close to their expiration date.

A TV anchor saying the US was "guided by the beauty of our weapons" in the aftermath

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

There’ll never be anything funnier than Fight Song.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

A TV anchor saying the US was "guided by the beauty of our weapons" in the aftermath

It was Brian Williams and he specifically noted that he was quoting Leonard Cohen lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That was the day he truly became president

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I wonder what day it will be when Biden finally becomes president?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GWBBQ posted:

the MOAB

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

that was 1000% the air force talking Trump out of using a tactical nuke

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that was the most useful a moab will ever be.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Rand Paul is a lovely neighbor

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Lord of Pie posted:

"isisk" sounds like Popeye wrote up the intelligence briefing

lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

guidoanselmi posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Brrrmph posted:

Fetlife Kuli
Dec 8, 2021

The world moves on a marten's lips

guidoanselmi posted:

if you've forgotten you've taken the oath of office, are you still the president?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fetlife Kuli posted:

if you've forgotten you've taken the oath of office, are you still the president?

What are we, if not our memories? Arguably the Biden that swore that oath is a different Biden. Therefore that Biden is dead and Kamala is rightful queen.

I believe that's what it says in the Constitution

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

christmas boots posted:

What are we, if not our memories? Arguably the Biden that swore that oath is a different Biden. Therefore that Biden is dead and Kamala is rightful queen.

I believe that's what it says in the Constitution

Madame vice president, I didn't know you had stairs in your house

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Fetlife Kuli posted:

Reagan has precedent for this.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Brrrmph posted:

They wanted so bad for that to be politically motivated instead of suburbanites taking their lawn fetishes to the logical conclusion

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

They wanted so bad for that to be politically motivated instead of suburbanites taking their lawn fetishes to the logical conclusion

You wanted it to be politically motivated too, admit it.

The idea that a lib would take action that has blowback would be astounding hope inducing

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ikanreed posted:

You wanted it to be politically motivated too, admit it.

The idea that a lib would take action that has blowback would be astounding hope inducing

You’re not wrong, but at the same time imagine an affluent suburbanite caring more about anything in their life more than their lawn?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fetlife Kuli posted:

along them lines of funny thing we’ve forgotten, Obama taking the oath a second time because John Roberts didn’t say the magic words exactly right.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Proust Malone posted:

along them lines of funny thing we’ve forgotten, Obama taking the oath a second time because John Roberts didn’t say the magic words exactly right.

Did he take it twice? I don’t feel like looking it up but I thought he said the correct line after Roberts said the wrong line and people were saying that made it invalid. If he took it again over that then he’s a giant coward which he kind of is so idk but yeah

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Did he take it twice? I don’t feel like looking it up but I thought he said the correct line after Roberts said the wrong line and people were saying that made it invalid. If he took it again over that then he’s a giant coward which he kind of is so idk but yeah

He did, out of an "abundance of caution"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-obama-oath/obama-takes-oath-again-after-inauguration-mistake-idUSTRE50L09A20090122

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Brrrmph posted:

People in the CSPAM Afghanistan thread praising the Taliban and celebrating its return to power when the US left. The US shouldn’t have been there but lol

that's right guy with 3 gangtags

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Jesus what a loving coward

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Obama killing the NBA wildcat strike was the death of progressivism in the US forever

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

didn’t try it while also being white. doesn’t count.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

whether the Taliban is "good" should be completely irrelevant to any anti-imperialist

This is really hard for a lot of people to wrap their heads around esp. soft left dem soc types

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
over the course of the Afghan war, a cottage industry of bombing scavengers developed, guys who would go to places where the US had done a strike and collect all the debris and unexploded ordnance to resell, mostly to the Taliban

this became so lucrative that you'd have guys 'tipping off' the US about fake 'Taliban positions' in the middle of nowhere, entirely so the US would drop a bomb there for them to come steal the remnants of

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

This is really hard for a lot of people to wrap their heads around esp. soft left dem soc types

It's incredibly funny to see them flail if you ask them their opinion of US sanctions on various nations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

So the article about how Hillary was the goddess athena was actually implying she was a deity of war all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tankbuster posted:

So the article about how Hillary was the goddess athena was actually implying she was a deity of war all along.

The same Athena who turned a weaver into a spider for daring to do better than her