Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I am legitimately curious to hear why this is a "lukewarm expansion cycle"

Like, what does this person actually want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

FrostyPox posted:

I am legitimately curious to hear why this is a "lukewarm expansion cycle"

Like, what does this person actually want?

I did the cartoon shake head rub eyes thing at the thing where they were like we're very sorry but the patches are gonna come out every 4 months instead of 3.5 months, and it was worded as somehow a problem. YoshiP it's been almost a year since the last patch in WoW. Every 4 months for a new patch is absurd

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

They're just having a good time trolling and judging by people's responses they're doing a fine job of it.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I did the cartoon shake head rub eyes thing at the thing where they were like we're very sorry but the patches are gonna come out every 4 months instead of 3.5 months, and it was worded as somehow a problem. YoshiP it's been almost a year since the last patch in WoW. Every 4 months for a new patch is absurd

I've played an embarrassingly large number of MMOs and FFXIV gets the most frequent content updates, and they're often more substantial than other games', too

Runa posted:

They're just having a good time trolling and judging by people's responses they're doing a fine job of it.

That's what I figured because I simply don't know what else they could add. More PvP stuff? It's never really been a PvP focused game. More weird grindy/gated stuff a la WoW? lmao I'll eat broken glass instead, thanks

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Veotax posted:

Dunno why they hang around here, considering we're worse than 4chan and all.

fanboys and cultists

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Especially where they're using the extra time to allow their team more breathing room to recover while they're also retooling the early experience with the end goal of making the story more single-player friendly (future-proofing for allowing it to be remain a main title entry regardless of the "mmo" part as well as being nice now for group-shy players), adding another race option, upgrading a decade or so's worth of graphical assets, all on top of providing the usual expansion content and preparing for the entire next expansion. I don't doubt that time is being used, even if we don't get a new diadem iteration this expansion.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Electric Phantasm posted:

fanboys and cultists

gangtag

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
who are the supposed people who have been banned for calling ffxiv bad

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah the paywall take is kind of "interesting" too

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell there's pretty frank discussions about FFXIV in at least one thread of our wow subforum too

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
drat you tellin' me this dude likes the game discussion on an alt-right message board

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
No surprise Moofia likes the OF since they are riddled with literally the dumbest takes possible on any conceivable subject.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Failboattootoot posted:

No surprise Moofia likes the OF since they are riddled with literally the dumbest takes possible on any conceivable subject.

Several fascists really mad they we never tramed up with Garleans.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Veotax posted:

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Farg posted:

drat you tellin' me this dude likes the game discussion on an alt-right message board

It's telling that they're trying to warn people off from getting involved with the lefty board and instead funneling them to 4chan.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Runa posted:

It's telling that they're trying to warn people off from getting involved with the lefty board and instead funneling them to 4chan.

Less telling than thr explicit monarchism though imo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Veotax posted:

It's very funny because "the one guy" he's talking about is himself and he's posting under the same name.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
People can sometimes get a little defensive in this thread, but I have not been banned for my correct opinons on lalafels (they look stupid) so I I think this person is not being entirely honest.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I am a hardcore FFXIV cultist

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

so since they clearly don't wanna be here we can just ignore their posting going forward right

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Runa posted:

I don't really twitter but from what I've seen FFXIV twitter is Extremely Gay so it checks out why he'd think it's worse than here

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vitamean posted:

so since they clearly don't wanna be here we can just ignore their posting going forward right

a juicy-looking worm? at this depth? i'd be crazy not to take a bite

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cultlike? Preposterous! Now let's all watch this completely unrelated video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ule-uNxUTTg

But also:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

everything i heard in that letter from the producer is good and i like it.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Hellioning posted:

everything i heard in that letter from the producer is good and i like it.

Strong disagree, I will miss bullying Rhitahtyn sas Arvina.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is the older dungeons Trusts getting added next patch or is that just a future planning thing?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Barreft posted:

Is the older dungeons Trusts getting added next patch or is that just a future planning thing?

They're doing ARR story dungeons next patch and they'll add more with later patches.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Barreft posted:

I think they said all 2.0 dungeons (so not 2.x dungeons like Snowcloak or Keeper of the Lake) will have them in 6.1, and then they'll add more in .x patches and have all of HW and SB MSQ dungeons trust-compatible by 7.0. They mentioned they'd have at least a few HW dungeons trust-compatible by 6.2

I actually wonder how the new CM and Prae are gonna work since they're being retooled into 4-player dungeons; Are they gonna show up in 5-6-7-8 roulette now? :ohdear:

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
For someone that ranks the places that don't discuss story at the highest, buddy's sure got a lot of opinions about the story.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Barreft posted:

they're gonna roll it out over all of 6.x, the ARR dungeons will be in 6.1, HW is in .2, Stormblood is .3

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm gonna miss seeing people's dumb glams in Prae's cutscenes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HOW VERY GLIB

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

How am I going to get a poo poo ton of poetic tomestones for leveling alt jobs now? dont think id bother if they just zap msq and the only alternatives are what are in right now

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm gonna miss seeing people's dumb glams in Prae's cutscenes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You are drowning in poetics from just doing anything tbh. I won't really miss MSQDR even tho the xp was nice when I had some youtube vids to watch.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

they're gonna roll it out over all of 6.x, the ARR dungeons will be in 6.1, HW is in .2, Stormblood is .3

Nice. I've been wanting to New Game+ plus cause I can't remember poo poo, so I guess I'll wait for 6.1

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You are drowning in poetics from just doing anything tbh. I won't really miss MSQDR even tho the xp was nice when I had some youtube vids to watch.

It was pretty useful for doing animas if nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

bi crimes posted:

How am I going to get a poo poo ton of poetic tomestones for leveling alt jobs now? dont think id bother if they just zap msq and the only alternatives are what are in right now

it's time to graduate to bozja like an adult