Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Uhh... stuttering :( gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I have not known a single example of a day 1 patch improving anything especially regarding performance

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Oenis posted:

They're called The Lands Between, but between what exactly?

edit: for those who care about spoilers, do absolutely not watch the new extended trailer. but you already knew that.

edit2: holy ferret I finally found some fabled flail footage:

https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousJazzyHornetDansGame-W6Pfjv_UYi5q_rZl

I want it. I need it. It speaks to me.

definitely solidifying a dex/faith build for me, inquisition style

got a chuckle outta me his reaction to finding the flail then immediately exclaiming "DEX!" in pained exasperation

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
I thought flails were Quality?

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
This one has bleed status effect, so that may have leaned it toward higher dex scaling and reqs

It's so hard not to keep searching for more weapon stats, I wanna find some cool rear end pole arms and spears too

E although I don't remember the stat requirement and status effects from previous spiky things in the series very well

knobgobblin fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 19, 2022

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Oops dbl post

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I have not known a single example of a day 1 patch improving anything especially regarding performance

Someone didn't play Arkham Origins

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
is this frame stuttering stuff happening on pc or console or both?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noIyN5r3Zm8

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Literally yesterday a friend asked what the heck kind of game Elden Ring is anyway and I tried, probably rather poorly, to explain and now they put out an official trailer doing just that!

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Oenis posted:

They're called The Lands Between, but between what exactly?

I think this is covered in the intro when the narrator tells of the mad taint.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Jesus Christ I am so hype right now.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
new vaati video going over loooooooooooooore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvuWn6KsGik

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I will not

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I will not consume your spoilers Vaati. I will be strong. Ohhhhhhh…

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

punished milkman posted:

is this frame stuttering stuff happening on pc or console or both?

My understanding is that the heavy stuttering is just a PC thing, but people with leaked copies have noticed some choppy frame rates on the PS5 (I'm unsure if that means sub-30 or 30 with bad frame pacing, from has always been bad at frame pacing though)

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

hatty posted:

I will not

totally understand, but i think it's just going over the foundation of the lore

ill probably check it out later because im a big dum dum and still to this day don't "get" what dark souls was about and I really wanna try to wrap my peabrain around this one

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
stutter ring :(

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

vandalism posted:

stutter ring :(
not watching any streams but does it seem like a graphics/performance chug or is it more the random timing/vsync type poo poo?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

g-c posted:

new vaati video going over loooooooooooooore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvuWn6KsGik

Wanna take bets he already had access to the full story and that all speculation should be taken as a fact?

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
I haven’t watched any new footage, but it’s gonna be a drat shame if the game they spent years making after DS3 and Sekiro, which had flawless 60fps on PS5, has bad frame drop issues. That being said I guess it’s time to go dark now, see y’all on the other side

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

The Joe Man posted:

not watching any streams but does it seem like a graphics/performance chug or is it more the random timing/vsync type poo poo?

No idea. I would imagine that streamers have the best pc's money can buy. I have heard it is an issue specific to pc and happening for people with 3080s. I have also heard that it is not an issue at all on ps4 or ps5. No idea. I also heard it isn't happening for people with 1060's. Lol.

I heard that it could be a shader issue. Anyways. I am praying it isn't bad.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

lmao if it turns out my 1660ti will play the game better than people who dropped 500+ on a gpu

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003
Praying for my noble 970. ONE MORE GAME BABY. You can do it.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Bloodborne got a month 1 patch that did improve its stuttering a little bit, but that was overshadowed by the cutting of loading times down to below the 90-second mark.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Smellem Sexbad posted:

We ride together, friend. Once more unto the breach with the ol' faithful.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

knobgobblin posted:

Bolt paper and a long reach weapon that can do vertical hits on his head (hunters axe is killer in this fight). Always be running and pull some hit and run moves on his head after his attack animations

drat is tonitrus too short range? I got a high level hunter axe but I wonder if tonitrus is better even with bolt paper.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
seeing weird complaints about how there's fast travel in the game in various places online lol, this game looks like it's massive. seems like a necessity.

that being said though, given the nature of these games, i think a good way to implement the fast travel would've been to have it be treated like your estus flask. some kind of in game item with limited uses until you rest at a site of grace or something

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
From that video.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
I'm curious if there are any clear examples of stuttering on YouTube or something.

Hopefully, I am too dumb to even notice it while playing :ohdear: (Because I'm playing it on PC)

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

g-c posted:

seeing weird complaints about how there's fast travel in the game in various places online lol, this game looks like it's massive. seems like a necessity.

that being said though, given the nature of these games, i think a good way to implement the fast travel would've been to have it be treated like your estus flask. some kind of in game item with limited uses until you rest at a site of grace or something
A Souls game with fast travel? Why I never

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I'm fully aware there will be issues with the PC version, but that is the price you pay for being able to mod the horse into a motorcycle, or perhaps a crab.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

huh posted:

From that video.

Rock hard

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Smellem Sexbad posted:

Infinity Gaia posted:

We ride together, friend. Once more unto the breach with the ol' faithful.

Together we ride, with our guiding moonlight. It will show us the way.

Based on specs, it should be fine. It's essentially the equivalent of a 1060 in all ways, and better in a few. :v:

Charliegrs posted:

I never understood game release schedules. Like if a game company says a game will be released on 2/25 but the game is ready to go before then, why not release it early?

Physical distribution. Feb. 25th is when they can be certain all retail outlets who want it will have it, based on the date they shipped discs. Especially for a front-loaded "event" item like a video game, saying "eh you know what, gently caress it, release a few days early!" is an amazing way to infuriate retailers who had been anticipating retail being X day and weren't able to stock in time, thus missing out on sales due to customers going elsewhere that did have the game at retail.

It's getting a bit archaic due to the nature of modern digital distribution and the accelerating death of modern brick-and-mortar stores broadly for anything that's not Literally Food, but there are reasons for retail street dates beyond "need to prepare day one patches".

hatty posted:

Some good natured From employee should hit the big red “release” button on Miyazaki’s desk

I mean, if the day 1 patch build is finalized and uploaded, there's an option on Steam that is basically exactly this. :ssh:

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

i must compose posted:

drat is tonitrus too short range? I got a high level hunter axe but I wonder if tonitrus is better even with bolt paper.
If we're talking about amygdala you won't be able to reach his head consistently with tonitrus. The leaping attack, running r1 as well as the r1 2nd hit for the hunters axe will definitely lay some pain on him super fast, bolt paper is just icing in the cake

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress yes, adequate rewards

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oohhhh, poo poo I think I saw a reskin of either the Dragon Bone Smasher or Raime's Greatsword in that trailer.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I'm completely ignoring most of the elden ring talk because i dont wanna be spoiled on map layouts or lore or anything, but I did look a little bit into how stats work

apparently, we have DS1 endurance. stamina and carry weight are once again linked :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

SpaceDrake posted:

I mean, if the day 1 patch build is finalized and uploaded, there's an option on Steam that is basically exactly this. :ssh:

What do u mean?