Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Gleep Gloop isn't a place, theye're creatures from the Herculoids cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Red and Jim meet with Pearl, or Blueberry finds Trevor, or Blueberry makes a new friend!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The bright yellow firetruck is one thing, what with emergency vehicles adopting that neon yellow/green, but the slopped on gradient is wild.

Also somebody please tell Batiuk that "Pink Entertainment" invokes a very specific kind of movie distributor.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: you thought yesterday was horrifying? Think again (November 28 - December 4, 2005)

Modern Kevin & Kell

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin & Kell in: you thought yesterday was horrifying? Think again (November 28 - December 4, 2005)
Modern Kevin & Kell

Ok, so this kid’s going to be addicted to their phone, then?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Also somebody please tell Batiuk that "Pink Entertainment" invokes a very specific kind of movie distributor.

No wait, maybe they turned Lisa's Story into a tragic lesbian romance and didn't tell Les.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "43 - Jucika's Unfaithful Knight"

"44 - Jucika is Dancing"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Today's guest writer: Tatsuya Ishida.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/18/02

Stephen Collins

Brenda Starr 3/14/48

Smokey Stover 4/14/46

Everyday Movies 11/9/34

"Last year I rented Jack's raccoon coat for the football games, and his tux for a couple of club dances, and then he went and took my girl to the prom on my money!"

Raccoon-fur coats were the thing for hep college guys and gals to wear to football games back in the day.

Also, that's a pretty good rendering of Palmer Stadium, the Princeton Tigers' old home ground, in the back.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 19, 2022

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Selachian posted:

Today's guest writer: Tatsuya Ishida.

Benefit of the doubt here cause there's some legitimacy to people overreacting to things especially when you consider the type of people that would complain about Jarla's strips.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (September 19-20, 1938)

One of my favourite things about the overall design of this strip is that there are all of these "kingdoms" and places that it visits but invariably it looks as if these "kings" or whatever are just some weirdos dicking around in their back yards.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mikl posted:

Oh, come on! One of the best ED ad campaigns ever!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBtc3Xfge6c

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

riderchop posted:

forgot about the alien tbh

Alien was much inferior to Sloth.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Vater und Sohn: Lion on the loose (08/1937)

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Nov. 13, 1949)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm imagining Batiuk writing this and thinking that he's very clever for pacing himself by "only" making Lisa's Story number two in Oscar contentions.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Storm P

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mercury Hat posted:

No wait, maybe they turned Lisa's Story into a tragic lesbian romance and didn't tell Les.

"Les, for reasons of uh legality, we had to change your character's last name to 'Bean'."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hanged like a horse thief!

Or

Hung like a horse, thief

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (April 8, 2010)

Arlo and Janis Classic (April 8, 2000)

Garfield Classic (April 8, 1990)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

EasyEW posted:

Still not cooperating with you?

Huh. Thanks. The direct link still just shows me monday's strip, but the calendar / archives can pull the new ones up.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Even if Puddles were actually out there lost in the wilderness city suburbs and not safe at home, why go out of your way to upset and worry the child?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Zits

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Strontium posted:

Huh. Thanks. The direct link still just shows me monday's strip, but the calendar / archives can pull the new ones up.

Well, the *.net page, our most popular Plan B around here, looks like it stopped updating everything on its landing pages at the beginning of the week, but if you enter the date manually into an archive URL (like a caveman), it'll get you where you need to go.

https://v7.comicskingdom.net/comics/daddy-daze/yyyy-mm-dd/

And just in case:
https://comicskingdom.com/daddy-daze/yyyy-mm-dd/

(These keep showing up as clickable links. They are not. Do not click.)

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
This is why man invented the code block.

code:
https://v7.comicskingdom.net/comics/daddy-daze/yyyy-mm-dd/

And just in case:
https://comicskingdom.com/daddy-daze/yyyy-mm-dd/

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Haifisch posted:

Mary was living in New York before this(I think?), so for there to be any time zone difference at all she must be in a very small strip of Florida.

Santa Royale is in California:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Kennel posted:

Into Ilves

Fool. You can't stop a man from his Koskenkorva by locking him up.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
You shouldn't stop posting daddy daze because it's hard to get from the source website. You should stop posting it because it sucks poo poo and not in an amusing way like Mary Worth or Holbrook's ouevre

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass is on break.

Old School Peanuts (May 17, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (Sep 28-29, 1990)

Blind Alley

Support Adam's Patreon here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Even if Puddles were actually out there lost in the wilderness city suburbs and not safe at home, why go out of your way to upset and worry the child?
No no it's better if the kid thinks the dog is dead or in pain and it's her fault.

F minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Yowch!

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

If anyone wants to hunt down the Sunday strip for 8/8/76 it might be a good one. Probably not, but it might be.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I hope to be this guy one day.

Strips like this one are interesting to me if you believe that Hobbes isn't real. Like, what's the explanation for this one? Does Calvin subconsciously know that three dimes is more than 25 cents? Is he purposely suppressing that knowledge for some reason?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mikl posted:

giving your tree dick pills

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

readingatwork posted:

Blind Alley

Support Adam's Patreon here.

These two appear to be going supercritical. I do enjoy that Blind Alley allows for all these kinda at-odds characters and doesn’t bother going into too much detail explaining their whole deal and why they are the way they are. They’re the nature girls. They are all about that nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Uramachi Sakaba

"Gu-phoon" is a play on typhoon, which here in Japan are not named but numbered, and those projected path tracking maps are ubiquitous in the news coverage.

ChaCha Chako

Night Visitors