Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dan is too good of a person to get into it but I am intensely curious about the brawl Alex had with his second wife on Xmas eve. What was that about?

The funniest things about Alex is stuff Dan is too decent to get into. Like the transcripts that came out of Alex flipping out and taking his shirt off when in marital counseling with his first wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I love all of the Lionel episodes. Dude hates backpacks.

His whole shtick was angry youtube rants, he's what you'd get if Doug Walker started trying to get the alt right audience.

Shageletic posted:

Dan is too good of a person to get into it but I am intensely curious about the brawl Alex had with his second wife on Xmas eve. What was that about?

The funniest things about Alex is stuff Dan is too decent to get into. Like the transcripts that came out of Alex flipping out and taking his shirt off when in marital counseling with his first wife

I think his second wife might have hit his daughter. Dan doesn't want to get into it when it's a family thing and doubly so if it involves a minor.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Goddamn Dr. Marble out THERE

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

Testekill posted:

I think his second wife might have hit his daughter. Dan doesn't want to get into it when it's a family thing and doubly so if it involves a minor.

I was literally wondering about this earlier today. I started with the Pt4 depo and have been listening randomly through the backlog, but haven't looked at the Oct-Jan episodes at all.

I'm also curious, but they're right to give it space. My main question was how it might have affected his other reporting and worldviews.

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Feb 16, 2022

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

teen witch posted:

Goddamn Dr. Marble out THERE

Yeah wow. Pretty rare to hear Alex speechless.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

ILL Machina posted:

Yeah wow. Pretty rare to hear Alex speechless.

He was probably just eating

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Megabound posted:

He was probably just eating

Either that or drinking.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Little Debbie??

She's too small!!!

(Jordan's delivery really got me, I don't know why.)

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've been going through older episodes after finally binging The Obama Deception and I'm at Alex beefing with Ben Shapiro circa late 2018 and poo poo is wild

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Deep dive on Leo Zagami is episode 318. Holy poo poo.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Oh drat, Dan is also a high school dropout? :hfive:

Weirdly, California does its own thing for between the ages of 16-18, when you can get a Certificate of Proficiency instead of a GED. You can also get it earlier than 16 if you're in your second semester of your sophomore year. No idea if anyone has tried to speedrun high school by skipping enough grades to glitch through the floor of public school.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
No joke, I've been listening for a month, and until today I thought they were really into the Mexican artist Selena, not Selene Dan's cat. Makes slightly more sense, I suppose.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Oh, in case y’all were wondering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vt0d9YlTC4

Though that sample could be from another thing, but it’s where I recognized it from

E: the plot thickens

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/1wcvu3/whats_the_violin_sample_used_at_the_beginning_of/

quote:

There are a lot of layers as to why this 7 year old post was brought to my attention, so I won't try to explain... But, in case you're somehow still searching, it's "Orchestra Strings 21" from an early Apple Jam Pack (an expansion for GarageBand, Logic and other DAWs.) Based on what I remember from back then, I suspect that the entire string section in that Jam Pack may have come from a bespoke library (or maybe just a less widely distributed library) previous to Apple purchasing the rights to it.

teen witch fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 18, 2022

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

teen witch posted:

Oh, in case y’all were wondering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vt0d9YlTC4

Though that sample could be from another thing, but it’s where I recognized it from

E: the plot thickens

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/1wcvu3/whats_the_violin_sample_used_at_the_beginning_of/

RED ALERT RED ALERT RED ALERT, nothing's right I'm torn

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Does anyone recall the episode that originated the “Dalek sticks a gun out at the unvaxxed” meme?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

0konner posted:

Does anyone recall the episode that originated the “Dalek sticks a gun out at the unvaxxed” meme?

504: November 16-17, 2020

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

You can take my bear when you pry him from my cold dead hands! :mad:

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Tree Dude posted:

504: November 16-17, 2020

Thanks

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

No joke, I've been listening for a month, and until today I thought they were really into the Mexican artist Selena, not Selene Dan's cat. Makes slightly more sense, I suppose.

Started listening slightly earlier and assumed they were making some Moon based podcast inside-joke/reference until they actually mentioned the cat a few weeks in.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I was thinking for years that it must have been some Alex Jones satanism meme before they brought up the cat. Im guessing the cat just hangs around on Dan's desk a lot and thereby turns it into an altar?

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

It was Dan was interviewed I think it was Harrison Smith said they worship his cat or something. Does anyone know the episode?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Was it Jones who once ranted about the government secretly creating dog-man-pig hybrids or something like that?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MrMojok posted:

Was it Jones who once ranted about the government secretly creating dog-man-pig hybrids or something like that?

Probably. Chimeras are a big part of end times iconography. Remember when Bush made a point about banning human-animal hybrids in a SOTU?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

MrMojok posted:

He's done it more than a few times. The most iconic one for me is when he would wax poetic about seeing "human-fish hybrids in tanks, with sad human eyes."

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Firstscion posted:

It was Dan was interviewed I think it was Harrison Smith said they worship his cat or something. Does anyone know the episode?

It was just after this NY Times article, so one of the episodes after April 18. I think they mention Selene in the article, but I'm not giving The new York slimes any money to get past the pay wall to find out.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Sad human eyes is an important part. Top sources are admitting it. You can look it up in the WikiLeaks.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Cat Puke posted:

Sad human eyes is an important part. Top sources are admitting it. You can look it up in the WikiLeaks.

How much of Alex Jones' content over the years could plausibly be explained by him thinking the SCP Project website is actually Wikileaks?

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Someone else would have to have read it to him since the headlines are just numbers.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Cat Puke posted:

Someone else would have to have read it to him since the headlines are just numbers.

Makes for a nice reserve of stackies though

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Oh dang Dan said he was gonna take a breakie on Wednesday. I hope the MTG appearance makes him change his mind.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Wednesday Episodes are always a sneaky snake extra to me anyway.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I blissfully have no awareness of Jones beyond listening to KF so didn't know she was on again. Between that and Russia pulling the trigger I am sorry Dan's not getting a liiiiiittle breakie for him.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Firstscion posted:

Wednesday Episodes are always a sneaky snake extra to me anyway.

Really? I feel like they do Wed eps pretty much on the regular.

Grand Fromage posted:

I blissfully have no awareness of Jones beyond listening to KF so didn't know she was on again. Between that and Russia pulling the trigger I am sorry Dan's not getting a liiiiiittle breakie for him.

Yeah, caught a tweet cross posted in the RWM thread or I wouldn't have known either.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

They stopped doing Wednesdays de rigueur for Dan's work life balance. The podcast used to be Monday, Wednesday, Friday and in the 1.5 to 3 hour range. I used to get disappointed at an episode that was only one hour long but now I'm happy that Dan gets his time off.

If you go and listen to the back catalogue (which is a great time) and hear where they've come from it's amazing, Dan talking about selling blood plasma just to get by and the like.

The arc they follow getting to know Alex is amazing too, Jordan started from complete ignorance of the man and Dan treated him more like a buffoon. It's a great narrative.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm doing a first time listen of the early episodes right now. They're great any time they're doing normal fact checking of Alex's nonsense and it's fun being introduced to all the crazy characters along with Dan & Jordan.

It gets a little frustrating when they dip into Trump stuff. They're so optimistic early on that surely such-and-such crazy thing he did this week is going to bring him down. Actually now that I mention it they're kinda like that with Alex too. Surely Google Ads pulling the plug or this Chobani lawsuit is going to ruin Alex...

I think they've learned a lot about how hard it is to kill a cockroach over the last 5 years.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ILL Machina posted:

Really? I feel like they do Wed eps pretty much on the regular.

In the early days they'd do 3-4 episodes a week, they decided to go to 2 a week a couple of years ago for the sake of their brains, with occasional Wacky Wednesdays for Sweary Kerry and other non-Jones content. They've started doing Wednesday Jones episodes more regularly over the last few months but they're all officially bonus/"sneaky snake" releases if something particularly big has happened.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Megabound posted:

They stopped doing Wednesdays de rigueur for Dan's work life balance. The podcast used to be Monday, Wednesday, Friday and in the 1.5 to 3 hour range. I used to get disappointed at an episode that was only one hour long but now I'm happy that Dan gets his time off.

If you go and listen to the back catalogue (which is a great time) and hear where they've come from it's amazing, Dan talking about selling blood plasma just to get by and the like.

The arc they follow getting to know Alex is amazing too, Jordan started from complete ignorance of the man and Dan treated him more like a buffoon. It's a great narrative.

Yeah I assume Dan has to take 8+ hours to do the research for each episode plus the same again for the recording and editing so 3 episodes a week has to feel like a *lot*, especially last year when Jones was getting very samey and depressing.

Speaking of editing - does anyone remember the episode where there's some kind of cockup and they ended up releasing an episode with half an hour or so of off-mic conversation between the two of them?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, I caught that version of the episode and it was interesting to hear their off air discussion. If I remember if was Dan calling out Jordan for something he said that Dan took as an attack on him and they just had a healthy discussion about it and got on.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
CNN’s doing an hour special on Jones this Sunday hope his rebuttal is good content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

0konner posted:

CNN’s doing an hour special on Jones this Sunday hope his rebuttal is good content.

Apparently it's a repeat from a couple of months ago? I was trying to look it up to confirm, but CNN's site sucks for checking their TV schedule