Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

a.p. dent posted:

about to start Bloodborne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZAQBG4Qbt8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

lucky

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
this game kicks rear end!!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a.p. dent posted:

hell fuckin yeah it does

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a.p. dent posted:

its the best one

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a.p. dent posted:

How did you fare against the first werewolf

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Heath posted:

How did you fare against the first werewolf

died pretty quick the first time, then came back and spent forever killing it with my fists because i had no idea how to equip weapons

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

scary ghost dog posted:

its the best one

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

a.p. dent posted:

died pretty quick the first time, then came back and spent forever killing it with my fists because i had no idea how to equip weapons

lol

scary ghost dog posted:

its the best one

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

a.p. dent posted:

Oh hell yeah

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a.p. dent posted:

:hai:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

its the best one

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

its the best one

correct. i wish i could mind wipe and play it again for the first time

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The only knock I have against BB is that it takes some work to get the coolest weapon without accidentally going into NG+

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The only knock I have against BB is that it takes some work to get the coolest weapon without accidentally going into NG+

I like the Boom Hammer and the Beasthunter Saif a lot. All the DLC weapons are a ton of fun except the bowblade which is a very stylish weapon but I never had much luck with it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

You just go to the dlc to get the coolest weapons

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Heath posted:

I like the Boom Hammer and the Beasthunter Saif a lot. All the DLC weapons are a ton of fun except the bowblade which is a very stylish weapon but I never had much luck with it

stack a poo poo ton of charge and thrust gems iirc

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

scary ghost dog posted:

its the best one

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

thats the whole point of ng+ …..

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

i love all the weapons in bloodborne so much. its crazy to me that they thought of so many insane movesets especially things like the hammer/sword transform attacks. bloodborne is the only from game ive felt like i had to replay just to try the twin daggers, the weird alien arm,.... all so good.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

tfw u wind up the alien arm spinny attack and hit a blood leech

https://makeagif.com/i/Nl8Q2n

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The transform attacks are so satisfying. My last run was mostly using the Reiterpallasch and getting parries on the sword-to-gun transform feels great

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

star eater posted:

stack a poo poo ton of charge and thrust gems iirc

Will try this

Does bloodtinge affect the arrows?

Edit: Church Pick is highly underrated too

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Heath posted:

Will try this

Does bloodtinge affect the arrows?

Edit: Church Pick is highly underrated too

Yes it does affect the arrows. You can cheese most bosses in the game with them since the game wasn't designed around having a ranged weapon like that. I killed Ebrietas entirely by pelting it to death with arrows and didn't even get hit once.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The transform attacks are so satisfying. My last run was mostly using the Reiterpallasch and getting parries on the sword-to-gun transform feels great

That sounds sick, been meaning to try a non-chikage bloodtinge build

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That sounds sick, been meaning to try a non-chikage bloodtinge build

reiterpallasch is primarily a skill weapon. youll want bloodletter or the bowblade for a btinge build, unless you want to combo the reiterpallasch with the evelyn/repeating pistol and bone marrow ash for mega parry damage setups, but bosses are really annoying with that setup

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

scary ghost dog posted:

reiterpallasch is primarily a skill weapon. youll want bloodletter or the bowblade for a btinge build, unless you want to combo the reiterpallasch with the evelyn/repeating pistol and bone marrow ash for mega parry damage setups, but bosses are really annoying with that setup

Yeah since bone marrow ash is for your left hand weapon/pistol it doesn't buff shots from the Reiterpallasch unfortunately. Still a really fun moveset and since skill improves your visceral damage you can get into a good flow with it. It's also really useful in chalice dungeons because you can keep a torch equipped without losing the ability to parry.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Iirc you can get a charged R2 arrow to do upto like 2-3k damage with the right gems

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
as usual for these games, i started thinking it’d be fun to focus on Skill but now i just want to swing the massive hammer

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

a.p. dent posted:

as usual for these games, i started thinking it’d be fun to focus on Skill but now i just want to swing the massive hammer

kirkhammer is so good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kirkhammer rules

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i'm also playing the bosses in a weird order cause i don't know what's going on. i went gascoigne, blood-starved beast, cleric beast, amelia

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
cleric beast is pretty much optional (unless you want the weapon/gear charm or whatever) so you are doing fine, its funny to do it late though and stomp its loving face in though

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

a.p. dent posted:

okay i started using the threaded cane and this thing is loving awesome now that i've fortified it a bit (esp. for hitting snakes from long range)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a.p. dent posted:

okay i started using the threaded cane and this thing is loving awesome now that i've fortified it a bit (esp. for hitting snakes from long range)

As far as I can tell there is almost no reason to use the straight modd over the extended

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Heath posted:

As far as I can tell there is almost no reason to use the straight modd over the extended

only reasons i can think of is not hitting walls + divine damage

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a.p. dent posted:

check out the backstep r1 and r2

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CaRSgVGuUqX/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The threaded cane is based.