Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

what do people spend so many poetics on

also lmao at moofia von ballsack or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
6.1 is supposed to be all 2.0 story dungeons and 4-man trials (e.g. Ifrit Normal). This will include remakes of Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium to make them 4-man dungeons. Cape Westwind will be reworked to a solo instance and removed from the trial roulette. The Ultima Weapon fight at the end of The Praetorium will be reworked into a 4-man trial. The Lahabrea fight will also be reworked into a solo instance.

6.2 is supposed to be all 2.x story dungeons and 2-3 3.0 story dungeons.
6.3 is supposed to be the rest of the 3.0-3.x story dungeons.
6.4-6.5 will cover all of 4.0-4.x story dungeons.

They also plan to make all the 8-man story trials trust-able at some point in the future, but it's a sizeable undertaking, so they will not have those done by 7.0.
They haven't mentioned any trust plans for optional dungeons, trials, and raids, but I would imagine these are at the bottom of their priority even if they do eventually tackle them. Maybe Crystal Tower first since that's mandatory.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I know this is a reference to a Burger King commercial, but this image is still cursed and I spread it to break its power over me.

Vitamean posted:

it's time to graduate to bozja like an adult

Speaking of Bozja, the Duels seem scary. I want to try them, but performing in front of an audience seems like it'd be nerve-wracking. Even with the cheese strats.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The duels are scary. Every time I've been in the pool I reject it lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hogama posted:

6.1 is supposed to be all 2.0 story dungeons and 4-man trials (e.g. Ifrit Normal). This will include remakes of Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium to make them 4-man dungeons. Cape Westwind will be reworked to a solo instance and removed from the trial roulette. The Ultima Weapon fight at the end of The Praetorium will be reworked into a 4-man trial. The Lahabrea fight will also be reworked into a solo instance.

6.2 is supposed to be all 2.x story dungeons and 2-3 3.0 story dungeons.
6.3 is supposed to be the rest of the 3.0-3.x story dungeons.
6.4-6.5 will cover all of 4.0-4.x story dungeons.

They also plan to make all the 8-man story trials trust-able at some point in the future, but it's a sizeable undertaking, so they will not have those done by 7.0.
They haven't mentioned any trust plans for optional dungeons, trials, and raids, but I would imagine these are at the bottom of their priority even if they do eventually tackle them. Maybe Crystal Tower first since that's mandatory.

They should give *some* kind of reward for New Game Plus+ quests :(

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Trash Ops posted:

level 50/60/70/80 gear for my jobs. trying to get them all to 90

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Trash Ops posted:

alchemy desynth skillups

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Guys I don't think Final Fantasy XIV is the greatest game of all time, who wants to line up to mock and deride me and my stupid willing face?

(USER WAS PROBATED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 20, 2022

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I've bought BLU gear for 70 like 3 times and I keep accidentally turning it into seals.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Consummate Professional posted:

I've bought BLU gear for 70 like 3 times and I keep accidentally turning it into seals.

How?! Do you not have the "exclude gear set" checked?

also, got my trusts to 89! so close I can taste it

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

theironjef posted:

Guys I don't think Final Fantasy XIV is the greatest game of all time, who wants to line up to mock and deride me and my stupid willing face?

:frogout:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

How?! Do you not have the "exclude gear set" checked?

also, got my trusts to 89! so close I can taste it

I was buying it early so it wasn't in a gear set!!!

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Speaking of Bozja, the Duels seem scary. I want to try them, but performing in front of an audience seems like it'd be nerve-wracking. Even with the cheese strats.
I didn't notice the people watching at all because i was so focused on getting the preparation and execution right. The Southern Front duels are good to start with because they're over in less than a minute with Flare Star cheese. There's not a whole lot of mechanics to learn due to the short length; you do have to use Dispel on Lyon so you have to be ready for that. The Zadnor duels are a good bit harder so you will want to do some research into those fights. Dabog and Lyon die pretty quickly but Menenius goes for like 3 minutes even with Flare Star.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

the only way to get better at them is to keep failing at them. anyone who's ever cleared them has plenty of failures under their belts, and generally most other viewers don't really care one way or another

but if you use the flare star speed kill strat i won't respect and if you fail using it i will laugh at you

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
If I manage to buy a house in Ishgard the only thing I plan to do with it is stare wisfully at the moon through a telescope I've placed on the front yard.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm sorry folks, I've got all the tournament TT cards but SE put an achievement behind win tallies so I guess I have to beat your stuffing in for a while. I'm powerless, really.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

3 Resistance weapons and all Bozja notes and I've yet to win a single duel. :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Trash Ops posted:

If you're not saving up Unidentified X items for old relics, you can turn them in to Aymark in Eulmore for Multifaceted Alchemics, which'll get you about 10k in gil for a full 2000. Not a great use of Poetics, but you'll eventually run out of reasonable uses for them if you aren't aiming for relics, especially given that topsoils are trivially farmable these days. You could also just buy Shadowbringers gear, turn it in for seals, and gamble on the minion boxes, but that takes too much work for me personally.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Poetics to unidentifiable shell to grade three shroud soil.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://twitter.com/dangerousneil/status/1196134434124259329?s=12

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Kazy posted:

3 Resistance weapons and all Bozja notes and I've yet to win a single duel. :v:
That's nine whole achievements and titles you're missing!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I've been buying Augmented Cryptlurker rings to turn in for GC seals, which are then spent on the minion/mount lootboxes. It's just going to get me minions I already have but I'll get those Eureka mounts or Night Pegasus someday

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I've just learned to ignore the error message telling me I can't gain any more poetics. :twisted:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

theironjef posted:

im gonna kick your friggin rear end

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Sunday Morning posted:

I've just learned to ignore the error message telling me I can't gain any more poetics. :twisted:

:mods:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Sunday Morning posted:

what the gently caress

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I did that for a very long time and then remembered I do actually want a bunch of anima weapons so now I just buy mats for those

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

iPodschun posted:

That's nine whole achievements and titles you're missing!

Achievements without physical rewards don't do anything for me and I'm <<Sky Pirate>> forever. :colbert:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Sunday Morning posted:

most hosed up thing in this thread

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there a transcription of the Q&A anywhere? I checked reddit but they're too busy posting lovely RTX memes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

CJ posted:

Is there a transcription of the Q&A anywhere? I checked reddit but they're too busy posting lovely RTX memes.

There's no transcription, but there's a post with a summary of announced game updates and patch inclusions.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I meant the bit where they answer dumb questions.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CJ posted:

The subreddit's discord server has a transcription of the Lore Q&A, but here's a pastebin copy of it.
It's full Endwalker spoilers, so anyone that's not caught up beware.
https://pastebin.com/Kd8HrMiU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gruckles posted:

The subreddit's discord server has a transcription of the Lore Q&A, but here's a pastebin copy of it.

man like almost all of these are about the ascians. shoutouts to the person who asked about the onions though.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

theironjef posted:

Me, but for completely unrelated reasons.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Gruckles posted:

Thanks. I guess my next question is why the hell is the reddit page hiding information on a discord server. Kind of defeats the point of the website.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Countblanc posted:

man like almost all of these are about the ascians. shoutouts to the person who asked about the onions though.

The fans love those guys.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean there was one legit lingering question of "Why the hell were the three unsundered guys unsundered?". And that got an answer so.....that's good.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mulva posted:

I mean there was one legit lingering question of "Why the hell were the three unsundered guys unsundered?". And that got an answer so.....that's good.

The sundering happened well before Accuracy was removed from the game. There were bound to be a few misses here or there. :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/shiznicle/status/1494943987567792129