Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lawlicaust posted:

At this point the thread title should be “Lost Ark - you didn’t gently caress anything up.”
The only way you can mess up at this point is:

• Delete your character
  • Disenchant your actual gear. This will set you back big time because the island & welcome challenge rewards are once per roster.
  • Upgrade a second piece for the same slot in the same tier on the same character. You can transfer upgrades at 100% success for free, it destroys the original item in the process. It's at the honing npc.

Some softer mistakes that you will 100% recover from but shouldn't really be doing
  • Spend gold on green/blue engraving books. Admittedly, if you spend a small amount it's not even a big deal but spending more than 5g-8g for a blue book is kinda wasteful given you get a bunch by just doing stuff & no one needs them yet. Part of the problem is gold is scarce in T1/T2 & you can't control your accessory engravings given how briefly you'll be in those tiers (~1 week max in T1, ~2 weeks max in T2 with zero swiping. If you play casually and are there longer it's even less of a grind and there's even less reason to do this.)
  • Spend gold on gear in T1/T2 from the market/auction house -- some streamers/youtubers are trying to scam people by saying you should. Everyone who has said this has multiple alts in the tier and is mass listing gear to sell to suckers.
  • Buying most consumable stuff from the cash shop. It's your money, but rapport items and most stuff you burn through just isn't worth it. Battle items will likely eventually be an exception due to being cheap crystal wise and costing gold to make which directly eats away at progression speed in T3.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was wanting to change the thread title to Lost Ark - lol but not lmao. but only mods can change it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I will use every card and also spend my random free crystals to increase my card storage and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me. I'm still mad that I've gotten a grand total of three legendary packs so far and I got Thirain from two of them. I feel like if I could get an Armin card it would complete like 12 sets...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

I think the only way you can ‘gently caress up’ with cards is if you spend a lot of card XP enhancing cards that you aren’t going to use long term since card XP is relatively slow to collect. So just don’t touch the enhancement page of your card catalogue until you understand what makes sense to enhance

Someone else can correct me if I’m wrong but that’s how I’ve been operating so far

It’s this. Card xp comes really really slow.

Learn or save every card (if you don’t expand the card storage you can put them on an alt).

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Can cards not end up taking up regular inventory space or something?

Oh, also: does Adventure Tome completion happen gradually or in tiers? Sometimes I do some progression and I don't see anything budging, but I don't know the exact breakdown of what matters the most for progressing Adventure Tomes.

kliras fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Feb 20, 2022

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Well, that celebration gift just dropped.

I made level 50 earlier today and have been just wandering around catching all the purple quests that unlock everything as I'm just getting started in vern right now. Now that I'm on my second ship and know more are coming, is there a point to each ship? I know the vern's ship is important so I'm left wondering if the other previous ships are junk once you get it. And likewise, did I accidently waste ship material bits (not blueprints thankfully) on the white wind boosting it to level 3. Or for that matter, outside of crew slots and apparently speed, is there much reason to even upgrade your ship.

Also still trying to find a way to get pirate coins. The stronghold missions completely changed and now I have quests that reward way more tokens so I assume pirate coins. But also take more coins and I'm sitting on best adaptation of 44% which doesn't bode well to me getting the coins back that I put in initially.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

I made level 50 earlier today and have been just wandering around catching all the purple quests that unlock everything as I'm just getting started in vern right now. Now that I'm on my second ship and know more are coming, is there a point to each ship? I know the vern's ship is important so I'm left wondering if the other previous ships are junk once you get it. And likewise, did I accidently waste ship material bits (not blueprints thankfully) on the white wind boosting it to level 3. Or for that matter, outside of crew slots and apparently speed, is there much reason to even upgrade your ship.

Also still trying to find a way to get pirate coins. The stronghold missions completely changed and now I have quests that reward way more tokens so I assume pirate coins. But also take more coins and I'm sitting on best adaptation of 44% which doesn't bode well to me getting the coins back that I put in initially.

The recommendation is to just use the estoque and upgrade it to 5. Much later you can do something else. You have to take the other ship to shushire for story reason but mechanically a level 5 estoque is fine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The big piece of advice I'd give is when you get the pets from the twitch drops, it's a good idea to select one with either fire or wind as their element since the earliest stronghold dispatches have ice, fire and wind as their elements and the bunny everyone gets in Prideholme is ice.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

JuffoWup posted:

Also still trying to find a way to get pirate coins.
Island quests shower you in thousands of them.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 20, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Sindai posted:

Island quests shower you in thousands of them.
Yeah, island quests are an easy 100k+ pirate coins. Blackfang alone is pretty quick and will net you 20k or so.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is 2:00 am and I have to sleep, but is awesome to be queue to a dungeon and it to launch with other players.
Living in Kadan is like playing a different game.

Did a serie of chaos dungeons with random people, and while is a useless thing, was kinda hilarious to nuke large groups of creatures with ulties. Love my sorcer so far, except against hard content where it dies too quick.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

JuffoWup posted:

Here's a list of all the one-shot island quests and which ones give pirate coins.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Spare some knowledge on a few unrelated questions that have been kind of cropping up in the playthrough.

Does Attack Speed impact only the basic attacks having no effect on abilities?

I've kept my reward books unopened in their chests still to be selected from, is there a tier list of engravings worth pursuing in the long run?

Is there a minimum about of points to be dumped into Endurance for endgame as not appear too squishy?

Has anyone claimed the Prime loot yet - how many amethyst shards?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I just hit 50 on my first class. This guide someone posted earlier looks good, but I'm unsure about something. I hit level 50 in Athetine, the techno place, but as far as I can tell chaos dungeons and stuff get unlocked in Vern? Am I better off swapping over to Vern to unlock that, or do I have to both ark quests to unlock this stuff?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Spare some knowledge on a few unrelated questions that have been kind of cropping up in the playthrough.

Does Attack Speed impact only the basic attacks having no effect on abilities?

I've kept my reward books unopened in their chests still to be selected from, is there a tier list of engravings worth pursuing in the long run?

Is there a minimum about of points to be dumped into Endurance for endgame as not appear too squishy?

Has anyone claimed the Prime loot yet - how many amethyst shards?

1. Attack Speed applies to everything.

2. This is a quick-and-dirty list by class.

3. No. Everyone pretty much just specs all-in on DPS and dodges mechanics. If you need durability for specific mecahnics you time Gunlancer/Bard/Paladin mitigation for those effects.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cicadalek posted:

I just hit 50 on my first class. This guide someone posted earlier looks good, but I'm unsure about something. I hit level 50 in Athetine, the techno place, but as far as I can tell chaos dungeons and stuff get unlocked in Vern? Am I better off swapping over to Vern to unlock that, or do I have to both ark quests to unlock this stuff?

It's quest progression bound so keep doing techland, Vern is next

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kliras posted:

Can cards not end up taking up regular inventory space or something?

They will take up regular space if you haven’t expanded the card section with gems. So if you can’t do that yet it’s best to store them on an alt or your bank till you can expand things.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
The welcome pack instrument skins have virtues on them. Yellow has charisma if you're trying to min-max your rapports.

Here's a few screenshots

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

If anyone cares, the Terpion of the Shadow horse is way cooler than the white one imo. The white horse just has normal wings not cool translucent wings with purple effects when you hit spacebar.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Destruction bomb (Lvl 3 Weak Point) vs Scorpion tail - no more tip...

https://i.imgur.com/hWwffsD.mp4

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

Destruction bomb (Lvl 3 Weak Point) vs Scorpion tail - no more tip...

https://i.imgur.com/hWwffsD.mp4

this game is so fuckin cool

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hefty posted:

this game is so fuckin cool

My one big gripe is that the cosmetic system is extremely lacking. I have a set of normal leveling equipment that just plain looks dang cool but without a transmog system I feel extremely held back.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

After leveling a Shadowhunter to 50 then boosting a Bard and a Gunslinger, the latter finally clicked with me - I can be Caitlyn+Miss Fortune+Graves and be able to chew through island questlines and other content quickly and while having a lot of fun. She'll be my main for questing and doing stuff after dailies are done.

I still make fun of this game's garbage poo poo story and and pretty boring quests from 1-50 but man it is a hell of a good time after that. :hellyeah:

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
Started my first alt and I'm already excited to start a second. Probably going to be painful once the powerpasses dry up though.

I was worried it wouldn't be as smooth but basically everything I want is shared between roster/account/server whatever. Really liking this game.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What are the rewards for PvP? 3v3 is fun and if there's small PvE rewards for doing it even better.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

HungryHungryHobo posted:

Started my first alt and I'm already excited to start a second. Probably going to be painful once the powerpasses dry up though.

I was worried it wouldn't be as smooth but basically everything I want is shared between roster/account/server whatever. Really liking this game.

After power passes you have Knowledge Transfer, which costs gold, and then stronghold training, which unlocks at 52 and goes to level-2. So there's a lot of systems for boosting alts.

Hyper Inferno posted:

What are the rewards for PvP? 3v3 is fun and if there's small PvE rewards for doing it even better.

Currently I think the only reward is the weekly Una's Task for playing rounds, but presumably at some point they'll turn on ranked PvP and the associated reward system. This is what it looks like in the non-US version, but we don't know how AGS/SG will translate that for us.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
After playing through tier 1 on my sorceress I can't wait to get all my stuff to +15 so I can unlock the tier 1 catchup and switch mains to my gunlancer. Gluing myself to the boss and relentlessly bashing it while no-selling its attacks is really fun after playing the squishiest class for a while.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Sadly the ranked pvp is only 3v3.
I've had much more fun doing the team 1v1 mode with a party of friends.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Why aren't there any more pvp modes besides throwing players in the pit and letting the stunlocks decide the outcome? Why do I keep snagging onto all things underfoot like they're reusing invisible cacti for collision meshes? What is the great mystery behind how the emote list is ordered? Find out 300 patches from now!

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What is the average gold income from doing say, a week of daily activities? Is the 600 gold knowledge transfer a big chunk or is 600 not that much by end game farming?

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If anyone cares, the Terpion of the Shadow horse is way cooler than the white one imo. The white horse just has normal wings not cool translucent wings with purple effects when you hit spacebar.

How'd you get these?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I think everyone gets them just by logging in but it's not active yet.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-gb/news/articles/launch-week-player-grants

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TeaJay posted:

I got mine tonight!

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Hyper Inferno posted:

What is the average gold income from doing say, a week of daily activities? Is the 600 gold knowledge transfer a big chunk or is 600 not that much by end game farming?

Yeah I think it’s pretty irrelevant. Even at 50 you get ~500 from Una’s task tokens every two weeks. You can get 200+ daily from adventure islands. Abyssal Dungeons award some amount of gold 6x/week.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

TeaJay posted:

Mine showed up today.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Locator posted:

Mine showed up today.

Yeah, it started 8 AM UTC (so 3 hours ago) so should be available for everyone now. Thanks for the horse & charisma horn tips! I'm really bummed that I'm apparently too dumb and too dull to even talk to Sasha. (my charisma is lacking seriously behind at 70 now and you need 90, yikes)

HungryHungryHobo
Jan 4, 2020
Landing counters feels so good and the fact that the game broadcasts my accomplishment makes it feel even better.

Landed 3 of them on the Scorpion boss. Makes me feel useful because my raid build for gunlancer seems pretty lacking in the DPS to me at least so far. Also why is everyone else bad? I don't think I've seen anyone use a flare or potion or battle item. They run around like headless chickens looking for a boss.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I haven't used any of the grenade/bomb battle items on my guardian raids. drat the extra DPS, that poo poo takes gold to craft! (Not to mention the lifeskill mat grinding.) I'll just save em for abyss raids and lategame stuff.

The one exception is pheromone bombs which make life 10x easier. You use them when the guardian goes invulnerable and starts burrowing/teleporting away and bam he comes right back to where he was.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TeaJay posted:

So basically the situation on EU servers is that matchmaking simply doesn't work (or works like 10% of the time), even with set parties. So no endgame stuff, dungeons, anything. So far I haven't heard any official word on the devs on the situation, but the longer this keeps up, the more players quit frustrated and will not return.

I've been having fun leveling up (hit 50 in Midgar recently) but what do I have to look forward to if there's no group content? Just grind drops solo? It's been like this for almost a week now, and opening a new region doesn't really help unless they're gonna offer server transfers (which I understand they have said are impossible as of now).

There are some vague "we're looking into it" type responses on this from the devs:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/eu-matchmaking-needs-a-fix/155644/56

Hopefully they fix it soon - it even happens when there's no queue on the server so the EUW launch probably won't fix it.

It's pretty bad that amazon are having so many server capacity issues when they're meant to be running this stuff on AWS. If nothing else, scaling out servers should be the one thing they can do easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010

HungryHungryHobo posted:

Landing counters feels so good and the fact that the game broadcasts my accomplishment makes it feel even better.

Landed 3 of them on the Scorpion boss. Makes me feel useful because my raid build for gunlancer seems pretty lacking in the DPS to me at least so far. Also why is everyone else bad? I don't think I've seen anyone use a flare or potion or battle item. They run around like headless chickens looking for a boss.

I'm maining Gunlancer and at least in T1 group content going blue gunlancer seems a lot more useful. Lots of support and CC and with Bash and Dash Upper Fire you have 2 great counters so most of the time you can counter just by spamming skills.

I guess once you have more engravings is when red gunlancer gets competitive against the more dps focused classes while still offfering a bit of support with the cc.