Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Blotto_Otter posted:

e: y'all are taking the piss right, surely this licensed psychologist did not actually write that he wanted to take someone else's 5 year old child at the playground and "throw him thirty feet", right? Right?

lol according to him it was a two year old, which makes his sad made-up story even stupider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

holy poo poo this is as hilarious as it is jawdropping

these must be the same people who took dave rubin at his word that he's a liberal

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lol

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Jordan Peterson approaches the playground and begins to disrobe--kicking off his shoes, struggling with his shirt, frantically peeling off his pants--until nothing is left gangly arms and legs and an adult diaper in "baby boy" blue. He scans the monkey bars where a brute of a 6 year old lurks; he turns and spots a menacing 5 year old riding the swing--they are both denizens of the underworld. Lost causes, fruit irrevocably spoiled by a coddled world. Gritting his teeth, he stomps over and tries to strangle a toddler in the sandbox.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jordan would be beaten black and blue by a single toddler, much less two. That sandbox will be his grave

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Maybe seeing the police response to the truckers in Canada might just kick off that over-due stroke for him.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Samovar posted:

Maybe seeing the police response to the truckers in Canada might just kick off that over-due stroke for him.

Inshallah

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Far more realistically, Jorp would have the absolute poo poo kicked out of him by literally any/every parent.

Also, the one thing I've learned since becoming a dad is that when you care for one child, you definitely get extra empathy for OTHER children, at least compared to how you felt before. The fact that pop-up-book psychological ghoul Jordan Peterson is treating other kids, at least mentally, as "monsters" (especially since he's ONLY got playground behaviour to go by) is telling and yeah, no wonder Mikaela's hosed up.

Guy's got the personality of stale melba toast on a good day.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
With the "Albertan Lobster Man" tied up, the kids are finally able to reach up and yank of his mask--revealing Jordan Peterson. "You treacherous back-biters! You pie-eyed ideologues, short-sighted self-righteous weasels! I was the one who tried to bring back Hannah Bananaz--and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you if it wasn't for you post-modern cultists, you denizens of the underworld!"

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can actually agree with Jorpy boy on “other peoples kids suck rear end especially at the play ground”. But I never wanted to beat the kids up lol.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Samovar posted:

The right wing outrage over the tamest police response to a protest in modern history is pretty hilarious.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

beepo posted:

The right wing outrage over the tamest police response to a protest in modern history is pretty hilarious.

imagine what's gonna happen if the house prices ever go down and they have something to actually moan about

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheBizzness posted:

I can actually agree with Jorpy boy on “other peoples kids suck rear end especially at the play ground”. But I never wanted to beat the kids up lol.

That's the thing about Jorp, even when he has something close to a reasonable point he wraps up in so much other poo poo that he invalidates it.

Like he's not wrong that social justice writing tends to include a lot of ponderous jargon (and I mean above and beyond what's strictly necessary to talk about a subject that does require lots of jargon to discuss intelligently) to the point it sometimes sounds like the writers just used a template, but he said that in the context of being verbally abusive to someone worried about people getting murdered, so gently caress him sideways with a rake anyway.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Who What Now posted:

Jordan would be beaten black and blue by a single toddler, much less two. That sandbox will be his grave

He got his butt kicked by a glass of apple cider, a toddler would probably disembowel him in less than ten seconds

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's the thing about Jorp, even when he has something close to a reasonable point he wraps up in so much other poo poo that he invalidates it.

Like he's not wrong that social justice writing tends to include a lot of ponderous jargon (and I mean above and beyond what's strictly necessary to talk about a subject that does require lots of jargon to discuss intelligently) to the point it sometimes sounds like the writers just used a template, but he said that in the context of being verbally abusive to someone worried about people getting murdered, so gently caress him sideways with a rake anyway.

None of the words in that tweet were anywhere near "ponderous jargon," and it expressed a clearly readable and consistent point of view.

Even in a scenario where that observation could reasonably be made, Jorp would still be a bigger offender of those very crimes than anyone he could ever point his finger at.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

None of the words in that tweet were anywhere near "ponderous jargon," and it expressed a clearly readable and consistent point of view.

Even in a scenario where that observation could reasonably be made, Jorp would still be a bigger offender of those very crimes than anyone he could ever point his finger at.

Yeah it literally looked like he replied to the wrong tweet or something, unless he thinks words like "killed" or "asian" are jargon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I was speaking generally, not about that individual tweet.

quote:

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make. It was a very longwinded way of saying essentially "you do not, in fact, have to hand it to him".

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 20, 2022

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
If his psychological licence is revoked, I wonder will he end up on the same conspiracy-theorist cruise grift circuit as Andrew Wakefield. Two disgraced former doctors, mumbling their way through a speech about how you can cure eczema with antifreeze until it's time for bingo.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Toddlers go scorched earth for the smallest things, like if they don't get enough honey on their Cheerios. They would make short order of Jorp. Probably with a tetherball just because it would be funny.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'd like to see a toddler beat up Jorp.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1po9pNs8RU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I know there are no rules in music, but he still broke a lot of them.

Also, no rules = only suggestions.

I suggest that he stop.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I prefer this musical take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx0MLwhvWtY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm not big on music anymore... sequential media is so passe

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the lyrics are structured so simply and the meanings so basic that I feel the album should be titled Prog Rock for Preschoolers

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

the lyrics are structured so simply and the meanings so basic that I feel the album should be titled Prog Rock for Preschoolers

Jordan Peterson is Back: In Prog Form!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

precision posted:

i'm not big on music anymore... sequential media is so passe

sounds like you need to permanently take LSD and blast the gently caress off my friend you're going to love it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
what is jorp's aol instant messenger icon there? it kinda looks the maryland flag

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's a totally rad drawing he did in the 80s that he calls "the meaning of music" https://www.jordanbpeterson.com/meaning-of-music/

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

ugh

i thought after his benzos adventure, enough time had passed by that people got tired of him, but that nimrod is still getting million+ views on his lovely videos

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

it's a totally rad drawing he did in the 80s that he calls "the meaning of music" https://www.jordanbpeterson.com/meaning-of-music/
I've always felt like this is ripping off styles and themes from contemporary indigenous art, which he famously has a house full of

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Ghostlight posted:

that's begging for a goatse-ing

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Oh that's not all he said about the subject

It's really not a surprise that his daughter turned out to be a massive freak too

What a banal little psychopath

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

ugh

i thought after his benzos adventure, enough time had passed by that people got tired of him, but that nimrod is still getting million+ views on his lovely videos

If it makes you feel better, you have no idea how many of those views are from other groups like us hatewatching/gawking at the trainwreck.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Alien Vs Peterson

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Alien but a creature bursts from JBP's chest and it's his daughter in a sexy lobster costume

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

apologies if this was asked, but i had a question about jorp's weird rear end definition of "God"

when pretty much anyone asks if you believe in God, they're thinking of a, possibly a big white guy with a beard wearing a toga, but not necessarily, that is an omnipotent, omniscient force who you're supposed to pray to and get your moral foundations from.

however, jorp's definition of "God" is....different. according to jorp, "God" is "what you act out". this is how he argues that sam harris (and atheists) isn't REALLY an atheist cause he doesn't go around murdering people, so him acting on self-restraint is him believing in "God", which defined here would be "don't murder people".

like most things jorp says, this sounds INCREDIBLY loving stupid, but i have to ask, is there any philosopher/theologian/whatever that has EVER defined "God" in such a way?

Puppy Time posted:

If it makes you feel better, you have no idea how many of those views are from other groups like us hatewatching/gawking at the trainwreck.

i would hope that's the case :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

If this wasn't on his official channel I would have thought it was another Nick Lutsko parody