Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm normal!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm the third most normal poster in this thread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe stairmaster has been well behaved

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Stairmaster made fun of me when my burger exploded at a culvers once, so he is in my sights

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Saagonsa posted:

I don't think being a weird potentially on the spectrum kid/teen is going to be a totally alien experience to people in this sub man

It is to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

Stairmaster made fun of me when my burger exploded at a culvers once, so he is in my sights

why did you blow up your burger

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

dogsicle posted:

why did you blow up your burger

I bit into it and everything just went flying out!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saagonsa posted:

was it good otherwise

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't read manga in public but that's due to reading on my computer most of the time. I'd read it on my laptop in college, I suppose. I can kinda get not being super public about liking anime, but that's more due to where I grew up and just didn't have anyone/where to talk about it. That said, I'm not going to pretend I don't if someone asks or if the topic comes up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

drat dude. I can't tell if you're serious or not but I think you are.. so I'll just say chill out. That was clearly a joke.. Also I read your post in John Wick's voice which made it sound epic.

Everyone likes anime now, even people who think they don't. They enjoy some facet of anime that their favorite show/movie has taken inspiration from, which is awesome. In kinda the same way I think a lot of ppl can relate to you, especially here

I do tech stuff at a highschool and it's cool seeing kids of all ages and social circles openly wearing anime merch or talking about how badass the latest episode of attack on titan or whatever was. Anime brings the jocks and nerds together...It's beautiful.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Saagonsa posted:

well don't do that next time, imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

one time i was waiting in line and playing arknights and some guy saw it and started talking to me about the seven deadly sins mobile game

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

was it good otherwise

Yeah culvers slaps

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I do tech stuff at a highschool and it's cool seeing kids of all ages and social circles openly wearing anime merch or talking about how badass the latest episode of attack on titan or whatever was. Anime brings the jocks and nerds together...It's beautiful.

My nephew is 12 and on the school football team and last week he asked me if i'd take him to Japan because it's where Goku and Tanjiro are from. I had to break the news to him gently about Kishida's border policy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

sounds like a skill issue

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I still remember that day with Sagoonsa because we canvassed for Bernie and later that afternoon he called off the canvassing cause of covid

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My lil' cousin was around last night and he spent most of the night reading translated webtoons on his phone god bless

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also i've never been shy about anime stuff, most jobs i had if i wanted to read manga/watch anime or play something on a handheld during break, i would. same for when i had a long bus commute.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I mostly spend my days babysitting college students so I have to hide my power level as a matter of principle. If they only knew....

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Stairmaster posted:

I'm normal!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpoDcf-omvU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So, anime is pretty good, yeah?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm a fan.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Saagonsa posted:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

one time i was waiting in line and playing arknights and some guy saw it and started talking to me about the seven deadly sins mobile game

I'm sorry you had to live through that, everything I have heard about the 7DS gacha is that it's trash.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Endorph posted:

goondolences

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm sorry you had to live through that, everything I have heard about 7DS is that it's trash.

ftfy

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

hey now, they announced a 7DS genshin ripoff. maybe that one won't be quite as bad. :v: (i have never looked at 7DS)

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
seven deadly sins is perhaps the battle shounen with the ugliest art in existence

Obama2
Oct 22, 2021
Watching Angel Beats (2010) and I think it is really bad rear end that they translated it to english. It's so considerate of them to make that adjustment for people like me who don't have the time to learn...you know :yikes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sorry for being stupid and being the straw that broke it’s back. I was just stupid and paid attention to FYAD the dumbest thing I could have done.

Patware posted:

mazed posted just as badly as you did

worse, perhaps. :cripes: that was my bad, gently caress me

On a more constructive note: I just read Teenage Renaissance David-kun and I'm extremely impressed at how far a completely formulaic story can be taken when you've got the right gimmick.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Obama2 posted:

Watching Angel Beats (2010) and I think it is really bad rear end that they translated it to english. It's so considerate of them to make that adjustment for people like me who don't have the time to learn...you know :yikes:

This is racist. Go away fail troll.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mix. posted:

hey now, they announced a 7DS genshin ripoff. maybe that one won't be quite as bad. :v: (i have never looked at 7DS)

7DS has it's upsides, and the whole Arthurian setting is decent. One of the big issues as the series goes towards end game however is that there is not a single battle in the series that is not utterly one sided generally in the heroes favor.

The final battle battle of the series is probably the worst of it, the big bad Demon King does not gain the advantage once in the whole fight, the main heroes while all ganging up on him are explicitly holding back and utterly sure they will win the whole time. One of them dies as a result of participating in the fight, but not because he took any damage, and the main hero after the fight reveals he could have effortlessly taken down the Demon King by himself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Now I'm angry because some rear end in a top hat changed my title and didn't retain my gangtags. I changed it back but I'm missing one because it was pretty rare.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Now I'm angry because some rear end in a top hat changed my title and didn't retain my gangtags. I changed it back but I'm missing one because it was pretty rare.

baal give them this one which im pretty sure only zep has

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm sorry to tell you this but I'm not gonna be here much longer so I can't do that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
What?! You're not going to stay the mod of ADTRW?! But... what will we do without you...!? We've spent so much time growing together...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when colonel is mod im sure they wont make a vtuber thread

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wont make any threads. i'll ban everyone, including myself

this isnt a joke i'd do that. i'd rather do that than be mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009