Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Imagining the drama if one couple had identical twins and the other didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I (28F) moved to another country for him (30M) but he doesn't even want me. Am I crazy?

quote:

I felt in love with my friend, I get really obsessed with him. I doubt it is normal. He lives in another country. We once had sex and I though he would be interested in me, if not the distance. I managed to find a job there and to move there (I told him it was pure coincidence me moving there). As soon as I met him I confessed my feelings to him, I told him that I feel something for him, I still remember our night together and I would like to date him now that we live so close to each other. He rejected me saying he didn't like me that way. I said it was fine, I am still friends with him because I feel lonely now in a new place. Do you think I am crazy? I am not sure what should I do now?

Tldr: I felt in love with my friend, I moved to another country just for him and he rejected me.

:yikes:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Captain Hygiene posted:

I (28F) moved to another country for him (30M) but he doesn't even want me. Am I crazy?

Oh yeah, I think I've heard this before from that show, "Normal Ex-Girlfriend.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DeeplyConcerned posted:

What the everloving christ? What does the whiteness of the neighborhood have to do with the likelihood of getting your baby stolen and your car stolen?

I don't intend to put words in that poster's mouth, but I am fairly certain they are aware of all this, and the post in question was a jab at the OP's wife's inherent biases, rather than an affirmation of the biases in themselves.

Like whenever there's a post about someone maintaining they do not deserve to get in trouble just because they got caught stealing or sexually harassed someone, it's not hard to infer what OP looks like or how they got the idea that consequences are for Others. Conversely, when someone is frustrated that their family refuses to accept their partner or children as part of the family for no apparent reason, there is one obvious guess (family is racist), and it turns out to always be the case.

The post is suggesting that the wife doesn't believe nobody would ever steal a baby anywhere, but that she believes nobody in her neighborhood would do that; that only happens in other, bad, neighborhoods, and a person who believes that tends to have some unsympathetic views on what makes a neighborhood bad. Did that get communicated? Not well enough, evidently, but I tend to give goons the benefit of the doubt, since the ones that do post bigoted poo poo do not leave room for anyone to mistakenly think they might mean well.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Saw this in another thread:

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Now are we sure this isn't actually like.... someone moving to Belgium from the Netherlands? Where also it barely matters because of EU law and makes it barely different from moving to Oregon from Washington?

Not that this isn't unhealthy/creepy as heck attitude wise but...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Dudes rock.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Grape posted:

Now are we sure this isn't actually like.... someone moving to Belgium from the Netherlands? Where also it barely matters because of EU law and makes it barely different from moving to Oregon from Washington?

I don't think the OP has clarified that, but I wouldn't be too surprised. I don't think it really changes anything, I remember relationships posts about someone moving to a different city in the US because they thought someone liked them, and they gave me the same level of creeper vibes.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Grape posted:

In that scenario, you ask the person out on like a weekend trip date or something. Far from unheard of, even over moderate distances.

Moving first and then asking them out is insane on any level. Same as if you moved from Oregon to Washington or Jersey to New York solely to be closer to a person you haven't even been on a single date with.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Nice. I've always thought some tasteful taxidermy would be the way to go, something like this:

If nothing else, my descendants could use me as a coat rack or hat stand.

Failing that, I've probably got enough leather on me for a jacket and matching cowboy boots, though I've (ahem) heard human leather is difficult to work with.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've always been partial to the one where your ashes are mixed into potting soil with a sapling. I'd like to be made into a walnut tree, or perhaps a sugar maple.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

In that scenario, you ask the person out on like a weekend trip date or something. Far from unheard of, even over moderate distances.

Moving first and then asking them out is insane on any level. Same as if you moved from Oregon to Washington or Jersey to New York solely to be closer to a person you haven't even been on a single date with.

Oh of course. I just think lots of us instantly imagined something truly deranged like moving from New Zealand to Ireland.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

My(24F) husband (26M) won't wash his hands after he poops.

quote:

This has been an ongoing thing for quite some time. No matter how often I ask him to, he just insists that his hands are clean and that he didn't touch his poop. This absolutely bothers me, I find it extremely un-hygienic considering we have two young children. Speaking of the children, he also freely wipes their snotty noses with his BARE HANDS. I'm admittedly an extremely clean person, and he is clearly, not. He makes me feel like I'm over reacting, but I don't think it's normal for a 26yo to not wash their hands after taking a poo poo? Or to wipe snot with bare hands, especially when there's always a pack of wipes/tissues nearby. He refuses to admit it's gross and frequently dismisses me asking him to stop. Any advice to help me get this man to wash his hands and stop grabbing snot would be greatly appreciated.

Aw poo poo :murder:

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That's a bit over the top. They're kids who go to school together, and were close for at least a couple of years. She is asking for emotional support in a difficult situation even after the intimate relationship is over which isn't unreasonable. The son shouldn't be obligated and the dad stepped over the line there, but there is a conversation to be had with a child in this situation about maturity and understanding that someone else can be in pain even if you are also. Again, definitely disagree with forcing the kid, just that the sentiment of "Yes, it sucks that the intimate relationship is over, but consider whether you want to maintain any relationship with this person. If it's yes, you need to have some serious introspection about your empathy in this situation." is something that a child may not have the maturity to get to without help from their parents.

We also have no idea how the girlfriend "broke his heart". If she cheated or whatever, sure, she can go gently caress herself. But if her feelings just changed, well, that happens, especially with a high school relationship. You're right that there's no obligation to provide emotional support an ex, but there's also no obligation to :sever:.

What the hell? If the dude doesn't want to go to the funeral, that is all that matters. What is his ex gonna do, break up with him again?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Captain Hygiene posted:

Username/post combo

"Hm, my boyfriend has literal poo poo on his hands and refuses to wash it off. Better marry and breed with him!"

WIBTAH for backing out of a boat sale because someone else offered me more money?

quote:

So I am in the middle of selling my boat which is listed at $18k and in the past couple days I’ve had a ton of people contact me about it but only a few super serious but one guy has offered me full asking (cash) plus $200 (whether he buys it or not) to tow it to him and meet him half way, which is about 3 hours from where I am. It’s not ideal but where he wants to meet is where my brother lives so I can just spend the weekend with my brother. He sent me the $200 via Venmo (which hasn’t been deposited to my bank or anything) to have me hold it which I can then keep whether he buys it or not like I mentioned.

Well today a guy contacted me and when I told him it’s pending a sale. He asked if it was full price and cash which is what he was offering, when I told it was he said he would pay $1500 over asking and would come pick it up in a few days once banks are open again.

So Reddit, I ask if I would be the rear end in a top hat for backing out of a deal that I accepted a deposit for since someone is offering more money and I won’t have to drive 3 hours each way?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Beachcomber posted:

Jake needs a pitchfork to the torso. What if OP had a boyfriend? Is she not allowed? Will Jake be claiming her as well as the apartment?

:barf:

This was my first thought too. It can get even stupider because what happens if either one of their fathers or, if they have any, brothers show up? What about some random repairman? Is this guy now the only man allowed in their house like some weird Sharia law rule? Its just so stupid and I will always be surprised how insecure some men are.

moonmazed posted:

that's actually a dog

Since he might feel a need ro mark his territory she should get very suspicious if he buys them a humidifier. Gotta be efficient.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 20, 2022

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Invisible Clergy posted:

WIBTAH for backing out of a boat sale because someone else offered me more money?

It all depends on how much reputation matters.
If cancelling a deal doesn't effect your standing in the community, it doesn't matter. Money is all that matters.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Absolute king poo poo

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I once made a joke like ten years ago on social media that upon my death, I wanted my skeleton stripped of my flesh and gilded, and set up in a family member's house to always creep at them. My niece 'claimed' me and it became an in-joke with that arm of the family that's gone on a little too long for my liking - to the point I am terrified they may actually try to do it.

Anyway I guess don't joke about what you want done if you don't want to risk it actually happening.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I want my skeleton made into an animatronic, personally. Or maybe a really big marionette.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

quote:

Dear Prudence,

My wife of 15 years has always been more right-leaning than me. But that has become much more pronounced since the 2016 election, and it just got worse during the pandemic. I now hide who I’m voting for and avoid certain topics to avoid setting her off. She wouldn’t have gotten vaccinated except that our daughter forbade her from seeing our newborn grandsons until she was vaccinated. On many embarrassing occasions she has refused or made a scene about putting on a mask.

Recently, things came to a head when her targeting of a mixed couple in our condo complex caused her to be publicly accused of racism and kicked off the HOA board. She left the virtual meeting in tears. She threw a tantrum about how unfairly she’d been treated. I pointed out that she had indeed been targeting them—digging up archaic rules to make them change their curtains or remove their barbecue, harassing them about having family stay over, attempting to write a rule against signs in windows (they have a Black Lives Matter sign). She lashed out at me for failing to support her as a husband should. I said her behavior was mean-spirited and yes, could be seen as racist. She stayed at her sister’s for a weekend. She returned, but we haven’t talked about it.

I miss not walking on eggshells around her. Our daughter has gotten wind of this and suggested counseling, but I don’t know if my wife would listen. I can’t get through to her. I barely recognize the woman I married. But at the same time, I can’t imagine trying to start over at 57. What should I do?

— Feeling Blue

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm not sure if it would be better or worse if this guy wiped his rear end incredibly thoroughly.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I want this also

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

coronatae posted:

My wife of 15 years has always been more right-leaning than me.

This is why politics do matter in a relationship.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013
"What should I do?"

Grow a spine and get a divorce unless you want to live with a racist right-winger for the rest of your life.
57 isn't that old, my 84-year-old father has no problems finding company.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Just say OK and then throw him in the trash?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DeeplyConcerned posted:

What the everloving christ? What does the whiteness of the neighborhood have to do with the likelihood of getting your baby stolen and your car stolen? there are no racial differences in the propensity to commit crimes. At worst, this post could be read to imply that there are, which is an obviously false and, on its face, racist belief. At best, it could be insulting to black people who are more aware than white people of the role of systemic raciam in fostering crime in black communities. I have no idea who you are or what you meant, but your statement could be construed as coming from a place of ignoranxe and privilege.

in America neighborhoods with a lot of crime are the neighborhoods Black people were locked into through red lining and denial of economic opportunity and racism at every level of society. over time poverty leads to higher residential turnover and low home ownership rates, weakening the ability of the residents to form strong social ties, in turn weakening the collective ability of the neighborhood to control social behavior. America's brutally racist criminal justice system compounds the problem with overly punitive sentences and overpolicing targeting these communities and weaken those bonds further. As the environment becomes more unstable anyone growing up there is pushed into crime just to protect themselves.

None of that has anything to do with racial differences in the propensity to commit crime. But growing up in these neighborhoods sucks, they are not safe, and its not because they are not white enough. implying that only white neighborhoods are safe is insulting to the existence of Black people forced to live in these communities over generations. its insensitive to knowingly or unknowingly perpetuate the false stereotype of black criminality while failing to note that black communities suffer from crime because through both action and inaction white people have prioritizef their own privileged and exclusive status over creating an equal and fair environment for all races to create safe communities.

I won't indict you for the sins of racism but please be considerate of other races when making broad statements like these. show some compassion for the pain Black people must experience when dealing with constant micro-aggressions and implications that they are criminals or come from a culture of poverty and other bullshit.

"white" neighborhoods are basically a derogatory joke at this point about super rich and bougie places filled with Karens and narcs where there's community patrol driving around writing tickets for parking too far from the curb. It's not even someplace you would consider desirable unless you wanted to running a HOA for the thrill of the power it gives you.

I'm sure it's used by some people to imply it's a racially pure living zone, but everyone else is using it as an insult to the culture and community of the space.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Dude is metal as gently caress, I'll take his skull if no one else will.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

loving boomerbrained piece of trash. Your obligations to someone cease when you terminate the relationship with them. Funerals are boring and unpleasant and you should only consider going to them to appease people you like, not someone you've broken up with. What's particularly annoying about this is the OP doesn't even gain anything from it. It's just that Calvin's dad brainworms of "oh what's this? something horrible? better force my son to do it even though it doesn't acquire me money or resources." I hope we get a followup post in 5 or fewer years once the college money is no longer a knife OP can hold to his son's throat and he goes no contact. I have no doubt it will come as an utter surprise to OP, if not his complicit wife.

I'm sorry your dad made you pick up sticks from the lawn so he could mow, that's pretty awful.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Mx. posted:

AITA for leaving my friend “stranded” after she insulted my brother?

strand Jessica in.....

the acid bath

Wouldn't that be death stranding? I heard that wasn't good.

PoultryHammock
Oct 23, 2011

quantumwell posted:

"What should I do?"

Grow a spine and get a divorce unless you want to live with a racist right-winger for the rest of your life.
57 isn't that old, my 84-year-old father has no problems finding company.

Lol, I've seen this happen a few times now. Lotta white folks are finding out that differing politics are not just engaging dinner talk, and actually have real world repercussions. Especially since one side has gone full mask off, lost their mind, and is now drawing lines in the sand at every opportunity to start fights.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Today's theme is animals.

AITA for refusing to wash my clothes without soap because my housemate has an allergy?

quote:

I (24F) moved into a house a few months ago. There are 2 units in the house, with their own separate living spaces, but the garage, laundry room and garage fridge are shared. I did not know the other tenants when I signed the lease, but when I moved in they introduced themselves. They are sisters and I mostly interact with the older sister "Jess". Jess told me she has some allergies and asked that I do not store any food made with nuts or strawberries in the garage fridge and that I don't use fabric softener the shared washing machine, as the second hand exposure gives her an allergic reaction. I agreed, as I don't use fabric softener anyway and was trying to be a good housemate.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, Jess came up to me and asked that I don't use dryer sheets in the dryer, as they to have been giving her a rash by second hand exposure. I asked if there was a specific ingredient I could avoid in dryer sheets, and she said no, it's just dryer sheets in general. She gave me a few wool "dryer balls" that I could use instead. Here's the problem. The dryer balls don't work. They remove lint ok, but I have 2 cats and I work in a vet clinic, so every article of clothing I wear gets covered in pet hair, and the dryer balls don't poo poo against the hair.

Then yesterday, Jess approached me again and said she was still getting rashes from my laundry soap to. She asked that I stop using my laundry soap, and put out a communal jug of homemade laundry detergent. I asked her what was in it, and it was a few natural ingredients, some baking soda, washing soda and essential oils. So no soap. I asked her if it could be something else, like the pet hair, and she told me it has to be the soap. I gave her "soap" a try and it's poo poo. I frequently get pretty dirty at my vet clinic job, but my regular soap does a pretty good job at getting stuff clean. I hand wash any major stains in the sink and then throw everything in the machine. Jess's "soap" left my clothes still covered in stains and a bit crunchy. It also washed the dye out of some dark jeans I had.

So today I told Jess I'm sorry she's getting a rash, but I have to have clean clothes, and I was going to continue to wash my clothes with real soap because frankly its a sanitation issue. I told her if she could give me a specific ingredient to avoid in detergents I would try to do that, but until then, she was just going to have to hand wash and air-dry her own clothes, or use another machine

So, AITA?

AITA for taking my stolen dog for 2 years from a family which loved her?

quote:

I adopted my dog from a shelter August 15, 2014. It was a small sized mutt which looked a little like a collie, so we named her Collie. Collie is the 3rd member of our childless household of family pets, we had 1 more dog and a cat.

We had Collie let loose to run around the neighbourhood every evening, and she would come back in about 30 minutes. It wasn't that we won't walk her, she just doesn't do well with a leash and prefers to run around all by herself. Our other dog prefers to be leashed and me or my wife would walk her every other day.

One day Collie didn't return, it was 11 May 2018(yes I record down the dates). We were devastated and looked for her for weeks. Posters with reward, social media and shelters, we did everything we could. Eventually we gave up and accepted that we may never see Collie again.

Last month, I was visiting a client's house and on the way happened to saw Collie entertaining herself in somebody's yard. I wasn't sure at first, but the similarities were definitely there, so I called out her name and she actually raised her head and responded, that confirmed it. I went knocking on the door and 2 children answered, the adults weren't home.

It turns out that the younger child of the family took Collie from the streets, thinking that she was abandoned. The family took Collie in and never bothered to find her owners(Collie had been microchipped and my contact number was on her collar).

I told the 2 children that I will be taking Collie and left them my number, telling them to let their parents contact me for the expenses for 2 years, I will pay them. They tried to stop me but I warned them that they have stolen my dog and that stopped them.

I had been in contact with their parents and they've begged me to return Collie to them. They said that they could even pay me for her. I said no, Collie is part of my family and they should have thought of that when they decided to keep a stolen dog.

I had been running through pictures of the family's Facebook Page and from the videos and pictures it seems that they really did loved her and treated her very well. It doesn't excuse them from stealing her though.

The parents of the family are guilt tripping me, saying how devastated their children were and such. I won't budge, neither would my wife, but it does makes me a little sad that they have to be separated like that. AITA?

AITA for refusing to pay the vet bills for a dog's injuries I caused?
content warning animal abuse

quote:

Last weekend I was on my back patio watching my 2yo play in the yard. I'm pretty sure I was actually browsing this sub at the time. Anyway, I hear a noise and look up to see my neighbor's chihuahua that had apparently gotten into our yard through a gate I hadn't closed properly, moving aggressively towards my kid. I yelled at it, but it was apparently absolutely set on doing something to my 2yo.

So, I dropped my phone, ran up, and managed to kick the dog just a foot or two before it reached my kid. I apparently punted the little animal with enough force to send it several feet away and a fair bit up into the air. At this point, my toddler was upset so I brought them inside. By the time I went back out to see if the dog was still there, it was gone.

Turns out it had manage to hobble out to the front yard where my neighbors found it, because shortly after there was a loud angry knocking at my door demanding to know what I had done "to their poor little baby." This was the point where I told them about what happened. At this point, I honestly don't know why I expected them to be reasonable and apologize for letting their dog into my yard, but instead of that, they were furious at me for injury their rat-goblin pet. They told me that they were taking it to the vet and would be giving me the bill. I told them that I would not be paying the bill under any circumstances. Some more heated words were exchanged and I wound up slamming the door in their face before they eventually left.

I still haven't heard back from them, but I absolutely don't intend on paying the bill. IMO they're lucking I don't try to have the animal put down, but I i suppose I wouldn't have a great case since I managed to intervene before my kid got hurt.

Anyway, I was commiserating about this with a coworker today, and they felt like I shouldn't have kicked the dog in the first place, and the least I could have done was to offer to pay the vet bill. I disagree, and probably won't change my mind, but I promised to show this thread to my coworker so that we can at least settle if most people would consider me TA here.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Given the way the OP describes the dog I'm really doubting it was anything remotely aggressive and they just took the chance to football kick a small dog with what they thought was a valid excuse.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Last summer I was walking along the beach when a dog ran up and bit my son on the leg. Sometimes dogs are just jerks.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

value-brand cereal posted:

AITA for taking my stolen dog for 2 years from a family which loved her?

What kind of rear end in a top hat just steals a dog, that’s so terrible. How did it even happen, maybe he has crazy neighbors who went into his backyard or something - wait a second, “We had Collie let loose to run around the neighbourhood every evening, and she would come back in about 30 minutes. It wasn't that we won't walk her, she just doesn't do well with a leash and prefers to run around all by herself.”

Ok, never mind. Hopefully the dog stays gone the next time and this idiot doesn’t find her again.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PoultryHammock posted:

Lol, I've seen this happen a few times now. Lotta white folks are finding out that differing politics are not just engaging dinner talk, and actually have real world repercussions. Especially since one side has gone full mask off, lost their mind, and is now drawing lines in the sand at every opportunity to start fights.

LOL, one of my chud co-workers went through a divorce last year because his wife saw the writing on the wall (Maybe literally, I'm sure he put a Trump sign up) and smacked the 'EJECT' button.

Political landscape and pandemic aside, maybe most relationships should have an enforced isolation of like a month - no going out, no get-togethers, just you and your partner in your home or maybe a nice cabin - because a lot of relationships seem to be build around "well, it's someone to do stuff with" and NOTHING else.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Even if the collar somehow got lost a minimum duty of care to any found animal that you're "adopting" is checking for a microchip.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sullat posted:

Last summer I was walking along the beach when a dog ran up and bit my son on the leg. Sometimes dogs are just jerks.

While it is possible that the dog was a ferocious pirahna beast intent on blood, the far far more likely thing is that it spotted a new friend and wanted to demand pats.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

DeeplyConcerned posted:

What the everloving christ? What does the whiteness of the neighborhood have to do with the likelihood of getting your baby stolen and your car stolen? there are no racial differences in the propensity to commit crimes. At worst, this post could be read to imply that there are, which is an obviously false and, on its face, racist belief. At best, it could be insulting to black people who are more aware than white people of the role of systemic raciam in fostering crime in black communities. I have no idea who you are or what you meant, but your statement could be construed as coming from a place of ignoranxe and privilege.

in America neighborhoods with a lot of crime are the neighborhoods Black people were locked into through red lining and denial of economic opportunity and racism at every level of society. over time poverty leads to higher residential turnover and low home ownership rates, weakening the ability of the residents to form strong social ties, in turn weakening the collective ability of the neighborhood to control social behavior. America's brutally racist criminal justice system compounds the problem with overly punitive sentences and overpolicing targeting these communities and weaken those bonds further. As the environment becomes more unstable anyone growing up there is pushed into crime just to protect themselves.

None of that has anything to do with racial differences in the propensity to commit crime. But growing up in these neighborhoods sucks, they are not safe, and its not because they are not white enough. implying that only white neighborhoods are safe is insulting to the existence of Black people forced to live in these communities over generations. its insensitive to knowingly or unknowingly perpetuate the false stereotype of black criminality while failing to note that black communities suffer from crime because through both action and inaction white people have prioritizef their own privileged and exclusive status over creating an equal and fair environment for all races to create safe communities.

I won't indict you for the sins of racism but please be considerate of other races when making broad statements like these. show some compassion for the pain Black people must experience when dealing with constant micro-aggressions and implications that they are criminals or come from a culture of poverty and other bullshit.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

edgeman83 posted:

What the hell? If the dude doesn't want to go to the funeral, that is all that matters. What is his ex gonna do, break up with him again?

If I were the dad is encourage him to look beyond his hurt and go help a grieving classmate in the most low-effort way possible (going to the funeral). The difference is wouldn't force him to, would completely understand not wanting to, and laugh at holding money over his head