Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Sinteres posted:

The idea that Ukraine decided right now is the time to make a final push to conquer the separatist regions while Russia has them encircled with 150,000+ troops is pretty dumb.

that's true, if the idea is to actually win and conquer the regions. If the intent is to escalate to the point where an insufficiently hardline domestic enemy like zelensky gets humiliated, and you get to keep gas transit fees that comprise a significant part of your government's revenue for a little bit, it'd be pretty good.

or maybe like ardennes said, brinksmanship. keeping a strategy of tension going, playing chicken with russia with the idea that nordstream 2 stays their hand while people in the affected regions get fed up and putin loses support.

it certainly isn't good for the current government of ukraine that's for sure. which is why zelensky's in such a bind and constantly sending mixed signals that contradict the line DC's trying to push.

mila kunis has issued a correction as of 17:45 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Open (the bomb bay doors) Biden

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Wasn't this the plot of Fallout 1

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

michael mcfail

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/div701/status/1494993439070507008?s=20&t=ene3yXBQX4glPzWrYiTT5Q

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1495434033815293955?t=zru59TWwGkE763J__uz59g&s=19

:ironicat:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the A-team's drive on volgograd will be crucial

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If Russia never invades Democrats lose the election, if they do the Democrats lose the election

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

wait bellingcat wrote a book? and they helped with the "investigation into the poisoning of navalny"? haha what i thought he just used google maps and wiki

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Nonsense posted:

If Russia never invades Democrats lose the election, if they do the Democrats lose the election

So you're saying no matter what happens, everyone wins except Ukraine.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

the world where bellingcat was around in 2002/2003 shilling wmds woulda been very funny

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

armenian scud regiment is no joke. the un security council is being called to an emergency assembly because of this

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

dont threaten me with a good time

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Palladium posted:

I'm sure China is very eager to go after things that doesn't pay the bills such as "your rights"

I hear they hate Americans for their freedoms.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Justin Tyme posted:

armenian scud regiment is no joke. the un security council is being called to an emergency assembly because of this

I hate that I read this as the unsecurity council like trumps brilliant unselect committee burn

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

exmarx posted:

k, last one

owns so much

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

chairman xi please annex seattle

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lmfao

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

chairman xi please annex seattle

Chairman Xi, I greet you in my people 's traditional garb of cargo shorts, a triforce Tshirt, and tevas with Land's End socks to convey a desperate message,

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Brogeoisie posted:

Wasn't this the plot of Fallout 1

The US shot first in Fallout iirc

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
It's been extremely rad watching people who uncritically swallowed everything the State Department put out over the last month now say that Russia is obviously lying and just looking for an excuse to invade.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/1495383396196962310?s=20

The Russian people need to learn what it is to be humble, preferably taught by a US Marine from Nashville.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I think it rocks that literal nazi GaussianCopula is back and allowed to post in the other thread.:laugh:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/NCCaniac42/status/1495387692015702025?s=20&t=tUAOwdt-VfRL09YGW4pQsA

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Majorian posted:

I think it rocks that literal nazi GaussianCopula is back and allowed to post in the other thread.:laugh:

Is the Finnish Nazi guy back too? :thunk:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

Is the Finnish Nazi guy back too? :thunk:

Not sure which one that is but probably?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Russia must immediately renounce and cede Lake Ladoga to Finland!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Feb 20, 2022

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i’m guessing the separatists in this context are “ethnically chinese” americans with subversive loyalty to beijing, might be better to put them in special campsites until this thing blows over

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

i’m guessing the separatists in this context are “ethnically chinese” americans with subversive loyalty to beijing, might be better to put them in special campsites until this thing blows over

look they might start skiing for China if we don't and then boom, a week later, they're Xinjiang death camp guards.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Zeroisanumber posted:

One thing that is really noticeable is gently caress me the US press is just horny for war! They are just gagging for it.

what else can they talk about?

covid? Poll numbers? Police racism? Inflation? Rising rents?

this dumbshit war act is the only thing that the media can talk about that is something that's "positive" for the white house

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/BSBonner/status/1495454724488933382

bs boner

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

what else can they talk about?

covid? Poll numbers? Police racism? Inflation? Rising rents?

this dumbshit war act is the only thing that the media can talk about that is something that's "positive" for the white house

US Press is always horny for war. Remember how they cheered when Trump bombed that airfield in Syria? And remember how they wailed when Biden pulled out of Afghanistan? How they tried to sabotage Trump's peace talks with the Taliban? And that's just two examples, there are plenty more from the past 20 years.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/wtop/status/1495436127259537413?s=21

this is at least martin’s third “here comes the invasion alert” of the past week

Yeah was gonna say this was the third time I saw the same tweet from the same guy.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sullat posted:

US Press is always horny for war. Remember how they cheered when Trump bombed that airfield in Syria? And remember how they wailed when Biden pulled out of Afghanistan? How they tried to sabotage Trump's peace talks with the Taliban? And that's just two examples, there are plenty more from the past 20 years.

Every corporate media network is directly invested into the defense industry, whether as subsidiaries of the corporation itself or as subsidiaries of that corporation's parent company. They're all incentivized to maximize conflict for the bottom line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I love US intel, they can just blow up a car full of women and children after lying about their intel and it doesnt matter at all mere months later. though I guess either way what we think of it doesnt matter