Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

God half these questions are just "Can we have more Ascian stuff please? Please tell me there's more Ascians!" Save me from Ascians. Gimme a whole city full of Mamool Ja, anything.

Edit: Also I just decided to focus bard for a while, got a look at the outfit I had for it, and really wanted to add something wide brimmed and eye covering, and whattaya know, I hit Bloodsworn with the Vath at just the right time:

theironjef fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Is the default position for the player character on the chocobo carriage in the carriage itself or driving the chocobo?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

theironjef posted:

God half these questions are just "Can we have more Ascian stuff please? Please tell me there's more Ascians!" Save me from Ascians. Gimme a whole city full of Mamool Ja, anything.

What do you expect when the game storyline has been honed down to the ascian show now?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CJ posted:

What do you expect when the game storyline has been honed down to the ascian show now?
yes, the expansion that was about wrapping up the ascian storyline had a lot to do with ascians.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Wizards arrive precisely when they mean to in the Heavensward LP

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ah poo poo ah gently caress
I'm running Altiascope with trusts and just now realized one of the buff givers is Moenbryda and Thancred and Urianger have things to say about it
ah gently caress why is it so dusty in here

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Finally killed the stupid bird last night after a couple weeks of issues with availability and other problems. And of course on our kill I attack from a slightly different angle during the final Gloryplume and end up changing my facing and teleport the wrong direction and die lol. RIP my parse.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

theironjef posted:

Edit: Also I just decided to focus bard for a while, got a look at the outfit I had for it, and really wanted to add something wide brimmed and eye covering, and whattaya know, I hit Bloodsworn with the Vath at just the right time:

ah, a fellow connoisseur

I also accidentally found out that you don't have to be on the right class for some story cutscenes.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I guess I finally passed the threshold of ffxiv videos watched for youtube to think that all I wanna watch are tween streamer reaction vids.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I wonder if trusts would allow you to do dungeons as a Blue Mage... that could be a good solution for those who don't want to gather the resources to solo them, along with those who get anxious about using PF for it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Speaking of Bozja, the Duels seem scary. I want to try them, but performing in front of an audience seems like it'd be nerve-wracking.

that's why they're so good. i've done a lot of combat content in this game but none have made me pop off harder than beating duels. there's just nothing else like them.

don't worry. your audience is going to be dead as hell because most people aren't in bozja these days, and if they are they probably don't care about mettle

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

that's why they're so good. i've done a lot of combat content in this game but none have made me pop off harder than beating duels. there's just nothing else like them.

don't worry. your audience is going to be dead as hell because most people aren't in bozja these days, and if they are they probably don't care about mettle

BLU extreme fights have frequently given me this same feeling fwiw

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hazardousmouse posted:

BLU extreme fights have frequently given me this same feeling fwiw

i enjoy masked carnivale a lot (i bang out my weeklies every time for aetheryte tickets), but i couldn't get into the raiding scene for it. i did a few fights, wasn't really my thing.

part of it is casters are my least favorite role. the other part of it is because i figured, well i main tank, i should do blu tank

blu tank is so miserable lmfao

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
nvm, reading comprehension skills.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/hobbylink/status/1495473535497785344?t=blku100GFYbyy6qXh2oarw&s=19

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

i enjoy masked carnivale a lot (i bang out my weeklies every time for aetheryte tickets), but i couldn't get into the raiding scene for it. i did a few fights, wasn't really my thing.

part of it is casters are my least favorite role. the other part of it is because i figured, well i main tank, i should do blu tank

blu tank is so miserable lmfao

what, you don't like doing nothing for 15 seconds after using diamondback for every tankbuster? :suicide:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

on the flipside it was pretty funny being "off-tank" for o12s p2 and just putting Avail on the tank for the shared tankbuster so i can keep doing my burst

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

hazardousmouse posted:

what, you don't like doing nothing for 15 seconds after using diamondback for every tankbuster? :suicide:

Oops, out of MP. *everyone dies*

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Trash Ops posted:

what do people spend so many poetics on
Leveling desynth.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Is the default position for the player character on the chocobo carriage in the carriage itself or driving the chocobo?

If you own the mount, you drive the mount.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/qtrcirclejab/status/1495169066461544449?t=kIZ4_gU0o_wOjoNv8wWxGg&s=19

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Fuckin finally

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

HackensackBackpack posted:

If you own the mount, you drive the mount.

Sigh. Fatter Cat it is then

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
did they mention anything about turning off the vocal track for the last zone

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zeruel posted:

Due to the overwhelming fan response they've decided to have that guy voice tracks for all of the new zones going forward, and they'll be gradually patching in new tracks with him for the 2.0-5.0 zones.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Zeruel posted:

There were whispers falling silently, drift on the wind
But I hear you
Our journey, now a memory fading from sight
But I see you

Unbroken, promises we made so long ago
You're still here
Unspoken requiem for the river of tears

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Xun posted:

Fuckin finally

Same!

gently caress this fight

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Alxprit posted:

I wonder if trusts would allow you to do dungeons as a Blue Mage... that could be a good solution for those who don't want to gather the resources to solo them, along with those who get anxious about using PF for it.
??? mighty guard, basic instinct, pom cure, aetherial manipulation, gobskin, sonic boom, and almost every dungeon boss is GG synced. every new attack spell you learn makes the next dungeon/trial a little easier.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Zeruel posted:

If you're on PC use the orchestration plugin to change song 862 to 860. If you're on console turn your speakers off i guess.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

speaking of plugins, i had one in shb-times that indicated when you could start moving mid-cast, but the plugin doesn't seem to be available now. did i just miss it in the list or did it get nuked

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I know there's no way around it, but it makes me laugh when they have you face down a boss in a cutscene, but it's a duty so the boss is just hovering there awkwardly a few feet away while you get the gang together.

Anyway the Omega raids are fun as hell, Alpha owns, Nero owns, eScape is a kickass song.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zeruel posted:

It should ban anyone who does this.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Ciaphas posted:

speaking of plugins, i had one in shb-times that indicated when you could start moving mid-cast, but the plugin doesn't seem to be available now. did i just miss it in the list or did it get nuked
It’s in Dalamud plug-ins under Simple Tweaks. Just installed and tested it today; I don’t play casters/healers often but it’ll be handy for the times that I do!

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ciaphas posted:

It's been rolled into SimpleTweaks afaik. I don't play casters so i'm not sure. I had the standalone SlideCast installed just to see how it worked but it stopped working after Endwalker launched and i can't find it any more.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

I know there's no way around it, but it makes me laugh when they have you face down a boss in a cutscene, but it's a duty so the boss is just hovering there awkwardly a few feet away while you get the gang together.

Anyway the Omega raids are fun as hell, Alpha owns, Nero owns, eScape is a kickass song.

They're evil, not rude.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It should ban anyone who does this.

it was poignant during the msq. afterwards, not so much.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Same!

gently caress this fight

i also beat P3S for the first time this weekend. gg to all the gamers.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
ok Lorens started cool but now I just want to slap that smirk off his face

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Also for console players or those who don’t use plugins, put an emote on a visible bar and when you’re casting the emote will be greyed out, as soon it’s clickable you can move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

squirrelzipper posted:

Also for console players or those who don’t use plugins, put an emote on a visible bar and when you’re casting the emote will be greyed out, as soon it’s clickable you can move.

Holy gently caress how have I not noticed this before. You're a genius.